"I Need Ya' Supervisor!!!"

Advertisement
I really think her voice and McDowell seeing that it was a woman calmed him down … but that could’ve been ugly.

Below happened a week ago or so

What the ****? It just stopped while the criminal has the cop in a chokehold? I'm assuming the other officer shot him?

I really think her voice and McDowell seeing that it was a woman calmed him down … but that could’ve been ugly.

Below happened a week ago or so

I saw this a few days ago. Feel so bad for the officers, you can hear in their voices how they didn’t want to shoot him and gave him the opportunity to stop over and over. and once he started charging the cop yelling “no no no” as he knew he had to shoot. They should’ve taken him out earlier or subdued him earlier as the man gets behind the cop after being shot and reaches for his gun. Luckily that cop knew to push the cup down in the holster. His partner had a good shot at the end. Suicide by cop is a serious thing. Not only is it dangerous for others but then the cops have to live with the fact they killed someone the rest of their lives. If you wanna die just do it yourself, don’t haunt someone else’s mind for your selfishness.

You’re nuts.

That cop showed tremendous restraint.

McDowell didn’t show any restraint? What the fūck are you even going on about. He assaulted the cop and was lucky the cop didn’t think he was going for his gun.

Whenever I’ve been stopped by cops, and it happened several times when I was younger, I complied with their commands. That’s how easy it is. Problem solved.
You can actually see McDowell reach for the female cops gun. He had his hand on it then pulled off

Advertisement
And, McDowell, also showed “restraint”; he could’ve hurt him, but he didn’t. Even saying at one point, “I’m not going to let you shoot me again”.

The officer showed a lot of unprofessionalism with that “restraint”. He had back up on the way, and he wasn’t a threat in the store. He should’ve just arrested him when he came out the store. That said, if McDowell stays in the car, it never goes there.

That’s part of the problem.

Lmfao. Holy crap.

Yup all the punk racist wb on this site love threads like this.

OP is white he loves **** like this

I hate this thread and I hate that this happened.

I love that the cops and McDowell are alive, and hopefully he can deal with his mental issues.

How about focusing your energy on mentoring children and young men so they can have better outcomes in their lives?

Ok so here's a thought experiment.

You're a cop.

You pull someone over and they refuse to identify themselves.

How do you go about writing them a citation?

The same way they issue a citation for running a red light with a camera at the traffic stop...by the plate information. Not the owner of the car?...just like in the aforementioned scenario...the owner of the automobile is responsible for the driver...he can pay it himself or submit the drivers information to the city the name and contact information so they can forward that citation to him.

There doesn't need to be an interaction or conflict. The police officer doesn't need to know who is in the car specifically. Here is your citation by plate number. Bye.

Advertisement
McDowell wasn't cooperating from the very beginning. Let's not make this about race.

I don't know what your race is...and its not important. But, statistics show that (depending on the study...I don't want to get in the deep end of minutiae of this discussion) that at least one out of every three African Americans have no trust in police officers at all. Without checking for a specific link, to my best recollection, its something like three out of four African Americans believe police will wrongly arrest them. If you're a police officer, and you don't understand the context of the situation, you've already ****ed up. That little white officer confronting a 6'6" black man is a recipe for disaster before they are even introduced to one another.

If you don't think race is an issue at the foundation of this discussion, then we can't have a discussion because we are going to disagree throughout. Malik McDowell's actions look like a dude that was in fear for his life. Asking for another officer to be there, getting up and walking into the store (likely because he's not a dummy and knows there will be a camera in there). The police officer tased a man that was on the ground showing his hands...if you're a 6'6" black man, you know whats coming next.

I'm not saying what McDowell did was right...he's not. But that doesn't mean the police officer should not have approached and communicated to the man differently. That isn't to say that the officer is in the wrong either...but if he's "the boss" in that situation, perhaps he should have done better de-escalate the situation. As I said in an earlier post...its a ****ty situation for both individuals involved here.

I don't know what your race is...and its not important. But, statistics show that (depending on the study...I don't want to get in the deep end of minutiae of this discussion) that at least one out of every three African Americans have no trust in police officers at all. Without checking for a specific link, to my best recollection, its something like three out of four African Americans believe police will wrongly arrest them. If you're a police officer, and you don't understand the context of the situation, you've already ****ed up. That little white officer confronting a 6'6" black man is a recipe for disaster before they are even introduced to one another.

If you don't think race is an issue at the foundation of this discussion, then we can't have a discussion because we are going to disagree throughout. Malik McDowell's actions look like a dude that was in fear for his life. Asking for another officer to be there, getting up and walking into the store (likely because he's not a dummy and knows there will be a camera in there). The police officer tased a man that was on the ground showing his hands...if you're a 6'6" black man, you know whats coming next.

I'm not saying what McDowell did was right...he's not. But that doesn't mean the police officer should not have approached and communicated to the man differently. That isn't to say that the officer is in the wrong either...but if he's "the boss" in that situation, perhaps he should have done better de-escalate the situation. As I said in an earlier post...its a ****ty situation for both individuals involved here.

For one, he was drunk. And two, no. The officer was respectful and McDowell was being an idiot.

We can't have a discussion on this, but it's not for the reasons you've listed.

The same way they issue a citation for running a red light with a camera at the traffic stop...by the plate information. Not the owner of the car?...just like in the aforementioned scenario...the owner of the automobile is responsible for the driver...he can pay it himself or submit the drivers information to the city the name and contact information so they can forward that citation to him.

There doesn't need to be an interaction or conflict. The police officer doesn't need to know who is in the car specifically. Here is your citation by plate number. Bye.

Really? Because McDowell's BAC was a .189 which is more than double most state's legal limits. So since McDowell was driving drunk, he gets away with having to do a sobriety test, and going through the process of getting a DUI simply because he could use the bull**** excuse of "I'm in fear of my life"? I'll have to remember that one next time I get pulled over.

Advertisement
Really? Because McDowell's BAC was a .189 which is more than double most state's legal limits. So since McDowell was driving drunk, he gets away with having to do a sobriety test, and going through the process of getting a DUI simply because he could use the bull**** excuse of "I'm in fear of my life"? I'll have to remember that one next time I get pulled over.

Police officer in the video never says anything about the man being drunk. Told him he was pulled over for doing 60mph and for peeling out. You 're using information after the fact to justify your takes, but through that interaction, McDowell being drunk isn't presented...so why its a part of this discussion based on the video, idk. The first officer has no idea that he is drunk or impaired.

If the officer stated to McDowell that he believed he was intoxicated at that time, perhaps we are having a different discussion...but he didn't. It was the female officer that showed up after that wrote in the report he was possibly intoxicated.

Good news for everyone arguing in this thread 🤔 We will have another incident involving this person and cops. It will end terribly for all involved and we’ll look back and wish he had gotten the help he needed. He obviously won’t because everyone is a victim. The guy was driving drunk and the cop did his job flawlessly. Next! we all know how this ends... sad and true

Advertisement
You get more bees with honey, I have always been polite and cooperative even if I felt the stop was not justified, in that manner I've had the officer often just tell me to be careful and let me go.

By the way, that woman cop jumped right in, pretty tough lady.

Police officer in the video never says anything about the man being drunk. Told him he was pulled over for doing 60mph and for peeling out. You 're using information after the fact to justify your takes, but through that interaction, McDowell being drunk isn't presented...so why its a part of this discussion based on the video, idk. The first officer has no idea that he is drunk or impaired.

If the officer stated to McDowell that he believed he was intoxicated at that time, perhaps we are having a different discussion...but he didn't. It was the female officer that showed up after that wrote in the report he was possibly intoxicated.

For someone with a BAC of .189 (lets just round up to .19). You can smell the alcohol on them within a few feet.

I'm not defending ****. I just know SOME RACIST white people like to make fun of black people when they see situations like this and assume all blacks act like this. Thomas you're clearly offended it's ok. Cry me a river
I would have said the same thing had it been a large white man being taken down by a little black cop. Feel better?

For someone with a BAC of .189 (lets just round up to .19). You can smell the alcohol on them within a few feet.

Well, the first officer said nothing of it and did not proceed at any point like it was a DUI arrest. So, again, idk why this is currently relevant to the interaction presented.

Advertisement
Back