"I Need Ya' Supervisor!!!"

Are you suggesting there hasn't been reform? Did you see the restraint those two officers showed with that guy trying so desperately trying to commit "suicide by Cop", they were begging him. That happens an awful lot in those police shooting statistics, I know of a couple in my small town.

Reform? You mean like dash and vest cameras, more training protocols - been staedily increasing in an steadily decreasing environment. I have a son who is a FF/Paramedic. They go through Nracan (opioid overdose reversal) like aspirin some shifts. The people lying unconsicence, sometimes not even breathing when they arrived, wake-up wanting to fight because they ruined their buzz.

You're right, they have a job and they need to do that job for Public Safety (us) - you can't very often coddle criminally violent, drugged or mentally ill people (Partcilularly not knowing which or what combination) into a completely safe conclusion every time. If you're going to go there, you're going to have people throw it right back at you, that most of these shootings start after "noncompliance." It's the chicken and egg argument; you want to be a lawyer go to law school, otherwise why make it worse, and maybe endanger yourself by trying it during a high risk situation?

Again, I'm not in their shoes, but not so sure I'd have let that guy in the "Suicide by Cop" video get that close to me.

Not at all...but I would suggest there needs to be more, in particular to what I mentioned in the post about being held accountable for misconduct or fvck ups as well as protocol in nonviolent situations. I am aware its very difficult in these high risk situations to assess, but that is what they are being paid to do and the trends in the past ten years are not great.

Advertisement
Some groups of people have set the bar so low on accepted behavior in a civilized society that nothing they do will ever be considered **** behavior by them or those that are in that same group.

I am well aware we do not have the ability to teleport. The "perp" was going into the store. He could simply follow him into the store. If he decided to make a break for it then trying to take him down would probably be the best cause of action.
You can’t just let a non compliant person just walk into the store and you follow him. That really makes no sense. What’s his plan for entering the store? Does he have a weapon? Is he looking to escalate the situation with hostages? The unknown factor should be enough to want him to stay put. He should of had him wait in between the vehicles until back up arrived.

That is 100% bs. The guy was a drunk driver. Outside of his vehicle he was a threat to no one. If the guy became a threat then you treat him as such. He was just a belligerent drunk guy. You call for backup and handle it that way. If the guy ends up becoming a threat then you treat it as such.
How does the officer know he is just a drunk? All he knows is this guy is not cooperating with his simple orders of staying at his vehicle. He has know idea what his plans for entering the store was. I’m guessing if you talk to any officer, they would disagree with you about letting him just be non compliant and just walk into an open convenient store.

Not at all...but I would suggest there needs to be more, in particular to what I mentioned in the post about being held accountable for misconduct or fvck ups as well as protocol in nonviolent situations. I am aware its very difficult in these high risk situations to assess, but that is what they are being paid to do and the trends in the past ten years are not great.
And they are not getting paid very well to be put in that situation. Maybe they need to reform the amount of compensation the good ones get for dealing with the country’s problems day in and day out.

Advertisement
How does the officer know he is just a drunk? All he knows is this guy is not cooperating with his simple orders of staying at his vehicle. He has know idea what his plans for entering the store was. I’m guessing if you talk to any officer, they would disagree with you about letting him just be non compliant and just walk into an open convenient store.

You can’t just let a non compliant person just walk into the store and you follow him. That really makes no sense. What’s his plan for entering the store? Does he have a weapon? Is he looking to escalate the situation with hostages? The unknown factor should be enough to want him to stay put. He should of had him wait in between the vehicles until back up arrived.

How does it not make sense to follow him? The guy was just stumbling in drunkly. If I was the store owner and this guy was stumbling in I wouldn't fear for my life and I am not even armed like the cop is.

I am sure most cops would agree with this guy. That doesn't mean it is correct. They are trying to mitigate risk to themselves as much as possible even if that means killing an innocent person. I understand that. However, there are tons of jobs more dangerous than being a police officer. If every person in the world reacted to every semi threatening situation like cops did the murder rate would sky rocket.

If this guy was acting in a threatening manor I would agree with you. However, the guy was clearly drunk. Anyone who has been to a bar before would realize this. The cop should also have training on how to tell when someone is drunk. The guy was just doing a DUI and he stumbled into the store. Its not like the guy just robbed someone at gun point and was walking away.

Sure he could be trying to take hostages, but what is the percentage of DUI arrested in which hostages are taken? Very small. If I was a cop I would realize the odds of me trying to take him down and having to shoot him are MUCH greater than the odds of him walking into the store to take hostages.

Like I said before, these guys are not just some charity workers. They are getting paid a lot of money for what they do. I can't think of any job that requires less skills, is less risky, and pays more. The waiting list to become cops is massive. If you fear for your life every time people don't obey a direct order than you probably shouldn't have become a cop.

And they are not getting paid very well to be put in that situation. Maybe they need to reform the amount of compensation the good ones get for dealing with the country’s problems day in and day out.

That is *********. They are getting paid a lot, especially these suburb cops who literally never have their life on the line their entire career as a cop. I know cops in NJ average over 100k a year and in most of these small towns the majority, if not all officers, will never encounter a shooting, stabbing, etc. in their entire career.

That is *********. They are getting paid a lot, especially these suburb cops who literally never have their life on the line their entire career as a cop. I know cops in NJ average over 100k a year and in most of these small towns the majority, if not all officers, will never encounter a shooting, stabbing, etc. in their entire career.
NJ must be paying their officers quite well, since according to you, they are paying nearly twice the country’s average police officers salary. Most police officers salary, from what I can find, are between 34k-68k for most.

Here in my town, which is about 100k population, our officers get paid 34k and after many years in the service can get up to 68k. So that works out to less than $700 a week.

So I would say that it isn’t bullsh!t.

How much does a Police Patrol Officer make in New Jersey? The average Police Patrol Officer salary in New Jersey is $61,289 as of June 27, 2019, but the range typically falls between $57,236 and $66,773. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on the city and many other important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.

NJ must be paying their officers quite well, since according to you, they are paying nearly twice the country’s average police officers salary. Most police officers salary, from what I can find, are between 34k-68k for most.

Here in my town, which is about 100k population, our officers get paid 34k and after many years in the service can get up to 68k. So that works out to less than $700 a week.

So I would say that it isn’t bullsh!t.

How much does a Police Patrol Officer make in New Jersey? The average Police Patrol Officer salary in New Jersey is $61,289 as of June 27, 2019, but the range typically falls between $57,236 and $66,773. Salary ranges can vary widely depending on the city and many other important factors, including education, certifications, additional skills, the number of years you have spent in your profession.

My appologies. It is Median salary which is over 100k.https://www.nj.com/news/2017/05/how_much_is_the_median_cop_salary_in_your_town.html

Regardless, 34k is very good for a job that requires very little skills and is not very risky. The most risky part of their job is the fact that they are frequently in a car and can get killed in a car accident. Even in places like Chicago and Detroit cops getting murdered are rare. This is also not including the massive amount of over time they get plus the great pension.

Advertisement
My appologies. It is Median salary which is over 100k.https://www.nj.com/news/2017/05/how_much_is_the_median_cop_salary_in_your_town.html

Regardless, 34k is very good for a job that requires very little skills and is not very risky. The most risky part of their job is the fact that they are frequently in a car and can get killed in a car accident. Even in places like Chicago and Detroit cops getting murdered are rare. This is also not including the massive amount of over time they get plus the great pension.
So you’re saying it takes little to no skill to be a police officer and that just because a cop is not in an urban environment they are not putting their lives in harms way? Also, since they have to work overtime to get a reasonable salary, which also adds fatigue, their base salary of 34k is worth it? Pension may be great, but your other points were a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

So you’re saying it takes little to no skill to be a police officer and that just because a cop is not in an urban environment they are not putting their lives in harms way? Also, since they have to work overtime to get a reasonable salary, which also adds fatigue, their base salary of 34k is worth it? Pension may be great, but your other points were a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

I am not saying it takes "no skills" to be a police officer. I am saying compared to other similar paying jobs it takes less skills. No, I understand driving around all day makes it more risky than your average office job, but it is significantly safer than say a steel worker, farmer, Roofer, loggers, truck/taxi drivers, etc.

Most jobs don't even offer much overtime and you need to work 2 jobs at normal salary to make more than 35 hours a week worth of salary. Cops almost always can get overtime which is a huge advantage over other similar paying jobs. Especially if you work for a chief who allows the OT schemes to be ran were people call out and cover each other shifts, so they only end up working 40 hours a week, but get 8+ hours of OT.

And none of that even has to do with my original point. The point is people are lining up for these jobs because they are much better than the other jobs they would be able to land. So if your a trigger happy chicken who wants to act like their life is in danger everytime they approach a suspect, then they should have gotten a different job and allowed a more willing and capable individual to land the job.

For instance, if I was terrified of heights, I wouldn't go and become a roofer.

Advertisement
Bro cops are paid right on par with teachers. Iny area, both start around 36k a year; which is **** near poverty level.

I am not saying it takes "no skills" to be a police officer. I am saying compared to other similar paying jobs it takes less skills. No, I understand driving around all day makes it more risky than your average office job, but it is significantly safer than say a steel worker, farmer, Roofer, loggers, truck/taxi drivers, etc.

Most jobs don't even offer much overtime and you need to work 2 jobs at normal salary to make more than 35 hours a week worth of salary. Cops almost always can get overtime which is a huge advantage over other similar paying jobs. Especially if you work for a chief who allows the OT schemes to be ran were people call out and cover each other shifts, so they only end up working 40 hours a week, but get 8+ hours of OT.
How does that overtime thing work? You have to work over 40 hours to get OT and if someone calls out and you cover, you actually work extra, right? What am I missing?

Advertisement
Yes, and being a teacher is significantly harder than being a cop. Minimum wage is about 16.5 so they are making double.
My wife is a teacher, so I'm not going to argue but she doesn't risk her life every day. I think you are confusing the New York patrol cops vs most. I couldn't believe it when a girl I was talking to from there told me how she moved to Florida because her fiance wanted to be a cop and it was like playing the lottery in New York. It is definitely not like that here and only entry level cops ride around in cars all day.

Yes, and being a teacher is significantly harder than being a cop. Minimum wage is about 16.5 so they are making double.
I’m not sure I would say being a teacher is significantly harder than being a LEO. One you are teaching the next generations of our country, and the other you are protecting the next generations.

I think your experiences with law enforcement has effectively made you loose all respect for what police do for their community. I don’t know what you have been through, but to disrespect all law enforcement due to the run ins you have had with a few bad ones just isn’t fair to the ones that took the oath for the right reasons.

Everyone hates the police when they don’t need them, but love them when they do.

I was asked one time at jury duty ,if you drove by and saw someone being arrested what would your thoughts be?

My reply:

If I saw couple police cars 3-4 officers dealing with an arrest, well I first thought would be for all this to be unfolding this person must have done something wrong to cause all this and to have handcuffs put on.

These thoughts of mine aren’t rock science.

I’M TIRED OF ALLEGED ALL THE TIME.

I WASN’T PICKED

GOCANES

Females on Duty 🤦🏻‍♂️ Regardless good work by 50 not ruining that dudes life. He was begging for a world of hurt. Shhhhhhiiiiiitttttt motha****as get more for less.

I know you truly can’t judge people by their worst moments, but man whata mess of a young man.

Advertisement
Back