"I Need Ya' Supervisor!!!"

My wife is a teacher, so I'm not going to argue but she doesn't risk her life every day. I think you are confusing the New York patrol cops vs most. I couldn't believe it when a girl I was talking to from there told me how she moved to Florida because her fiance wanted to be a cop and it was like playing the lottery in New York. It is definitely not like that here and only entry level cops ride around in cars all day.

I wasted a lot of time and frustration going through this whole thread and trying to understand how anyone could possibly be incapable of seeing how simple compliance would have prevented this situation. Fact of the matter is that once you plant your flag in the "All cops are dirty" territory, it's over. Pointless to even try. The cop maybe could have done some things better, but that drunk Kat was told why he was stopped and simply asked for his papers. There is no defending his disobedience. So let's throw in the race bait blanket to shade reality of this situation. Pathetic and sad to sit back and watch the incredible divide that exists in our society. Then to top it all off we got folks in here heaping praise on the gang banging lifestyle... Are you shatting me?!
As a former high school teacher of special needs students, and now current admin of discipline, I see how kids with great potential and opportunities get derailed due to gang involvement. I have dealt with kids bringing guns on my campus and every other weapon you can imagine. Endangering everyone. 8 out of 10 times the kid is involved in some type of gang activity. How is that applaudable?
We better win this year because threads like this make me feel ashamed to be a part of this fan base

Advertisement
Bro cops are paid right on par with teachers. Iny area, both start around 36k a year; which is **** near poverty level.
Don't begin to compare cops and teachers. Cops have endless opportunities for overtime and more career opportunities [ paths to take ].
Buddy of mine became a shooting instructor, Mon - Thurs 10 hours a day and still picks up off duty jobs, way over $100 k and most
importantly they get to carry a weapon [ actually two ] - teachers not so much

I wasted a lot of time and frustration going through this whole thread and trying to understand how anyone could possibly be incapable of seeing how simple compliance would have prevented this situation. Fact of the matter is that once you plant your flag in the "All cops are dirty" territory, it's over. Pointless to even try. The cop maybe could have done some things better, but that drunk Kat was told why he was stopped and simply asked for his papers. There is no defending his disobedience. So let's throw in the race bait blanket to shade reality of this situation. Pathetic and sad to sit back and watch the incredible divide that exists in our society. Then to top it all off we got folks in here heaping praise on the gang banging lifestyle... Are you shatting me?!
As a former high school teacher of special needs students, and now current admin of discipline, I see how kids with great potential and opportunities get derailed due to gang involvement. I have dealt with kids bringing guns on my campus and every other weapon you can imagine. Endangering everyone. 8 out of 10 times the kid is involved in some type of gang activity. How is that applaudable?
We better win this year because threads like this make me feel ashamed to be a part of this fan base
Unfortunately this is not relegated to football fans, this moronic thinking and behavior is prevalent in today's youth. I shudder to think of the world our children will grow up in.
Just look at the recent threads on here, global warming, signing a petition to ban the "Hurricane" name from UM, groups claiming animals should wear clothes, it's mind numbing.

Last edited:
Don't begin to compare cops and teachers. Cops have endless opportunities for overtime and more career opportunities [ paths to take ].
Buddy of mine became a shooting instructor, Mon - Thurs 10 hours a day and still picks up off duty jobs, way over $100 k and most
I'm relating the 2 positions as comparable to starting pay. Teachers have many opportunities as well, my wife makes over $30 an hour to teach summer school and also recently was asked to teach in the Boys and Girls Club afterwards. They also can make a lot of money tutoring. What does carrying a gun have to do with it? But since you brought it up, anyone who isn't a felon and takes the course can also carry a gun, including teachers now in Florida.

I'm relating the 2 positions as comparable to starting pay. Teachers have many opportunities as well, my wife makes over $30 an hour to teach summer school and also recently was asked to teach in the Boys and Girls Club afterwards. They also can make a lot of money tutoring. What does carrying a gun have to do with it? But since you brought it up, anyone who isn't a felon and takes the course can also carry a gun, including teachers now in Florida.
Do some research and see how much difference in pay there is for a beginning teacher and one with 12 years experience, it's going to be a
few thousand dollars. Anyone who goes in a class room today over a career in law enforcement is crazy.

Advertisement
Do some research and see how much difference in pay there is for a beginning teacher and one with 12 years experience, it's going to be a
few thousand dollars. Anyone who goes in a class room today over a career in law enforcement is crazy.

Making a living in the teaching field is difficult and depends on the state you live in and the district you teach in. In Florida there is huge discrepancy between the counties. Our next door county starts out teachers making Damm near 10 grand more per year. Overall it may be a safer bet to teach, but in the long run financially it makes more sense to do law enforcement. Especially when you consider the benefits and retirement benefits in law enforcement blows education out of the water

Bad thing about that is you are working an officer around the clock to make a reasonable salary. With all these extra hours, they begin to get fatigued and burned out. This can cause some to make bad decisions when a quick decision is needed. Overtime should not be part of the talk when bringing up someones pay. We should only be talking about a base salary for 40hrs a week to compare if being put in harms way is worth the pay. Thing is both teachers and LEO's are not paid enough for what they do.

I’m not sure I would say being a teacher is significantly harder than being a LEO. One you are teaching the next generations of our country, and the other you are protecting the next generations.

I think your experiences with law enforcement has effectively made you loose all respect for what police do for their community. I don’t know what you have been through, but to disrespect all law enforcement due to the run ins you have had with a few bad ones just isn’t fair to the ones that took the oath for the right reasons.

Everyone hates the police when they don’t need them, but love them when they do.

LMFAO at a few bad ones. Just because they don't murder you in cold blood does not make them one of the good ones. Illegal stops, illegal searches, assaulting you all makes you a bad cop. I am illegally stopped and illegally searched on a regular basis because I moved to a nicer neighborhood. I guess I just happen to only have met the "few bad ones". The ones that don't arrest them for what is essentially kidnapping are just as bad. If I went and detained someone illegally I would be charged.

I have never once in my life "called the police" or "needed them" and I have lived in one of the most dangerous blocks in the country.

That said, it is not clouding my judgement. I understand the job they do and it is not a difficult task. The skills needed pale in comparison to teachers.

Bad thing about that is you are working an officer around the clock to make a reasonable salary. With all these extra hours, they begin to get fatigued and burned out. This can cause some to make bad decisions when a quick decision is needed. Overtime should not be part of the talk when bringing up someones pay. We should only be talking about a base salary for 40hrs a week to compare if being put in harms way is worth the pay. Thing is both teachers and LEO's are not paid enough for what they do.

They willingly take the OT. Harms way? LMFAO look at the statistics of how many of them are killed a year. Farmers, fisherman, taxi drivers, truck drivers, roofers, etc. are all much more dangerous jobs. The most dangerous part of their job is driving around all day.

Advertisement
LMFAO at a few bad ones. Just because they don't murder you in cold blood does not make them one of the good ones. Illegal stops, illegal searches, assaulting you all makes you a bad cop. I am illegally stopped and illegally searched on a regular basis because I moved to a nicer neighborhood. I guess I just happen to only have met the "few bad ones". The ones that don't arrest them for what is essentially kidnapping are just as bad. If I went and detained someone illegally I would be charged.

I have never once in my life "called the police" or "needed them" and I have lived in one of the most dangerous blocks in the country.

That said, it is not clouding my judgement. I understand the job they do and it is not a difficult task. The skills needed pale in comparison to teachers.
You need to start recording each illegal stop. Cameras stop alot of bull****.

Advertisement
Gotta admit... I'm impressed that this thread is still going a whole 4 days after it was started.

For the next 10 pages I would appreciate it if yall would argue about the Civil War, politics & religion too.

Keep up the good work fellas!

I would say start recording it. Sounds like you get this on a daily basis. I would be surprised if it happens as much as you say, but if it does, get you a dash cam. Can solve a lot of problems. From the way you say it, you have been across and/or dealt with every situation and you get stopped every day and are searched every day. Maybe you are, but just sounds a bit hard to believe.

Sounds like your hatred for police is to deep to ever change whether you run into the good ones or not. That's a sad thing. You judge the country's police force based on your run ins with your local police. You may have a completely corrupted force, it happens, look at how bad NOLA police was and probably still is. Still don't think that justifies hating all police, or having a deep mistrust of them all.

Either way, hope you eventually understand most of the LEO's swore to the oath to serve and protect; not all, but the majority did.

I'm not going to argue about who's skill set is harder, teacher or police, but I know one is safer than the other, they are both under paid, they are both thankless jobs and they are both well respected in my eyes.

I would say start recording it. Sounds like you get this on a daily basis. I would be surprised if it happens as much as you say, but if it does, get you a dash cam. Can solve a lot of problems. From the way you say it, you have been across and/or dealt with every situation and you get stopped every day and are searched every day. Maybe you are, but just sounds a bit hard to believe.

Sounds like your hatred for police is to deep to ever change whether you run into the good ones or not. That's a sad thing. You judge the country's police force based on your run ins with your local police. You may have a completely corrupted force, it happens, look at how bad NOLA police was and probably still is. Still don't think that justifies hating all police, or having a deep mistrust of them all.

Either way, hope you eventually understand most of the LEO's swore to the oath to serve and protect; not all, but the majority did.

I'm not going to argue about who's skill set is harder, teacher or police, but I know one is safer than the other, they are both under paid, they are both thankless jobs and they are both well respected in my eyes.

No, not a daily thing, but 2-3x a month.

0 chance I am getting a dash cam. Only 2 things can come out of it. Either the cop finds it and his buddies start to target me. Or I go behind his back and send it to the DA or whatever, and end up in a ditch.

I have dealt with this on a consistent basis in NYC, NJ, and Miami. Plus I travel a lot for work and this happens to me in LA, Boston, Philly, etc. And before you say "pull your pants up and stop dressing like a thug". I wear a suit everywhere I go. So I doubt it is just a coincidence.

You can swear whatever the fvck you want. That doesn't mean schit. I am sure the Gestapo or ISIS swore some sort of oath as well.

That is great I am glad that you respect them because that means you didn't have to deal with consistent abuse. I would never wish that upon anyone. Even my worst enemy.

But as a blackman you would have to be an absolute moron to trust the police.

Last edited:
Advertisement

One other point. The fact that you think it is unlikely shows me you have never spent significant amount of time around black people(unless its the token black bro in a white neighborhood) or in black communities. Which is fine. I don't hold it against you at all, but if you did you would quickly realize this is not an isolated incident and is rampant in these communities.

One other point. The fact that you think it is unlikely shows me you have never spent significant amount of time around black people(unless its the token black bro in a white neighborhood) or in black communities. Which is fine. I don't hold it against you at all, but if you did you would quickly realize this is not an isolated incident and is rampant in these communities.
You're right, I have never lived in a predominantly black community, and maybe that would change my out look a little, but I still don't think I could call all police bad. I was taking it that it was happening to you on a daily basis by the way you explained it. It came off that it happened all the time and in every city you traveled too. Sounded excessive, but I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I understand there is racial profiling and stereotyping that happens in the police force. I just don't think it is justified to call every police officer bad. Just like when an officer does good you can't say all officers are good now. There is always going to be bad apples, you just can't let them ruin the whole bunch.

Either way, hate to hear you have had such a rough time with police, and good fortunes in the future. I think this thread has run its course and glad to see it was kept civil in here.

Yes, and being a teacher is significantly harder than being a cop. Minimum wage is about 16.5 so they are making double.

Being a teacher in poor areas is a terrible job. The kids, and their parents are some of the worst scum around. They don’t value anything other than getting over and never having an ounce of accountability.

There’s a reason schools in poor areas are what they are. Big ole money pits.

Advertisement
Back