i miss lashlees offense

No it was inefficient with King who was a run first QB who could see over the line (and im not hating, i loved King). With TVD, total different story
TVD and Rambo. They dude had one of the best statistical years in program history. That is gone. That isn’t coming from the WR room.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Until we get a true playmaker on the outside it doesn’t matter. Lashlee’s offense was incredibly inefficient until Rambo showed up.

Was it just Rambo, though? Or did having a QB like TVD make it click too? We still have the QB, the OLine is much improved, the run game is better, but we're lacking plays that can put our passing game in a position to succeed. The drops today were brutal. No argument to say otherwise.

This isn’t true though

Not sure if you’re just angry and venting, which I support

But we used a lot of motion and misdirection

It worked pretty well

But when it came down to needing a big play…yeah we really **** the bed
No I am definitely angry, but yes, I may be looking over things.

Honest question though, when did he use any misdirection or motion to open it up? All I really noticed was some good cutbacks by RB’s (Which can be seen as misdirection, but I view it more as good play by Rb’s, but we’re not in the room). I feel the offense was vanilla, and his most creative call was trying to run a flea flicker for the second week in a row. We’re trying to win like it’s 1990

Advertisement
Fan base sees toxic offense and goes, "look! toxic offense!"
Seems accurate to me.
Nah, fanbase is a bunch of grown *** people needing diapers, wanting to fire everyone as if they knew three months prior. We lost against a ranked opponent in an away game with 107.000 people in the stands and no receiver capable of performing at the needed level. Get a grip.

And Lashlee's O never worked when the opposing DBs could run with our WRs.

A&M are more talented than us - Lashlee would have been shut down tonight, besides some bull**** flea-flicker / fake QB draw play for a rando TD.
Lashlees offense had a hard time against physical defenses which A&M definitely was

I know people want to play coulda woulda shoulda but if I’m being real I don’t think Lashlee wins this game either

I was a big fan of Lashlee also fwiw

Advertisement
Was it just Rambo, though? Or did having a QB like TVD make it click too? We still have the QB, the OLine is much improved, the run game is better, but we're lacking plays that can put our passing game in a position to succeed. The drops today were brutal. No argument to say otherwise.
Rambo had an excellent game against Michigan State. Does he replicate his numbers if King doesn’t get hurt probably not but he’s still going to give the offense a reliable top option.

This. People act like Rambo was some god. He was an above average college WR who had a great year. Dude also went undrafted and got cut, he's sitting at home. Not some NFL 1st rounder catching 100 yards a game. Love him but we should certainly be capable of throwing for more than 200 yards without him...

Advertisement
No I am definitely angry, but yes, I may be looking over things.

Honest question though, when did he use any misdirection or motion to open it up? All I really noticed was some good cutbacks by RB’s (Which can be seen as misdirection, but I view it more as good play by Rb’s, but we’re not in the room). I feel the offense was vanilla, and his most creative call was trying to run a flea flicker for the second week in a row. We’re trying to win like it’s 1990
I’m with you. I’m angry too so I’m not saying you’re wrong or trying to debate

I thought the first half Gattis was doing some good things….we just could not finish

I am really concerned though about what happens when this team gets behind

So yeah respect to any Cane fan sitting through that game it’s probably not the best time to analyze everything

Buddy we had 400 yards and scored 9 points with 6 players in the secondary out. we have a reason to criticize, people arent complaining just for the sake of complaining
I think you misunderstood. I'm with you here. He was saying the fan base was toxic and I just said they're only recognizing the toxicity of what they were watching.

Was the OC and Michigan calling plays for Gattis. Or at least was the creator of the designs? Because these formations tonight were unimpressive.

Advertisement
Back