i miss lashlees offense

Yeah. I've rewatched the balls he could've hit for homeruns, but to be honest and fair to him (even though he missed and didn't put a lot of zip on some other throws he hit, there is a short window for him to make the read and place the ball where it needs to go.

A lot of these routes require a wideout to clear a safety out and he's waiting to make sure that it happens and then the pass rush starts to pressure him because they take so long to develop.

After watching further even though the window is there, it is a short window and he needs to place the balls better but even though our OL held up well, if we want to have these long developing plays we need to block even longer
Yeah I don’t think any of this is fair to blame any one person

It was a collective effort of us just needing to do better all around

But this was expected to me tbh. I talked a lot this off-season about liking how this schedule set up for us in getting ready for ACC play

Advertisement
Yeah I don’t think any of this is fair to blame any one person

It was a collective effort of us just needing to do better all around

But this was expected to me tbh. I talked a lot this off-season about liking how this schedule set up for us in getting ready for ACC play
I think am not being a hater when I say I think Garcia might be better in this scheme. I think if we simplify things more and do more RPO with quicker reads like last year TVD will find his footing again. He started slow in games last year but was able to ease into things. I'm not sure he's going to find his footing with this new system no matter how long we try it

Really? Is it the coaches that dropped balls or couldn't hit open receivers? Or missed kicks? Or muffed punts? I can't even fathom how many yards we left on the field tonight.

If we don't muff punts and we make field goals we win

Now I can see an argument about offensive coaching, but it’s hard for me to criticize the coaches three games into the install of an NFL offense. Gattis left some yards and points on the field. But so did player execution and I am one of the main proponents of blaming coaches for execution failures before players.

Everybody, including the coaches, are learning. Give them time to grow. I’m not making any judgements until the end of October.

Comparing this to Enos is IDIOTIC. NOTHING worked under Enos and the team regressed the whole year. We CAN run the football. We know TVD can play better. I believe the wide receivers can too. This team has a toughness we haven’t seen in a while. We could have easily packed it in after the muff and under previous would have.

Let’s see if Mario and Gattis can control their egos and help the passing game. We can be really good if they do.

Lashlee's Pass Offense (ever heard of an RPO Gattis?) + Gattis run offense = winning formula

Not that complicated. But Gattis is either too stubborn or stupid to see that. Just copy the passing concepts that worked for TVD all last year.

Yes losing Rambo hurts but you have an entire roster of 4 star WR's. No excuse there

Why would he abandon his system after two games that we won?

We do need more rpo and that was the most disappointing thing about last night. It was there all night. That’s how we pull those safeties down.

I have watched games he called at Michigan and half the passing offense was rpo. It makes no sense. Last night was the time to break it out, especially for a game we ran so well.

I'm jealous of the offense seen from both the Dolphins and Ravens today. Extremely athletic QBs in complete control, processing the game at high speed.

Advertisement
Our STs sucks. Can't return kicks, can't kick field goals, just one big liability.

Our passing game is an even bigger concern. Nobody is scared of TVD or our TE / WR corps.

Those areas need to be addressed asap. If not, we will be having convos like this after every game against a formidable opponent.

Why would he abandon his system after two games that we won?

We do need more rpo and that was the most disappointing thing about last night. It was there all night. That’s how we pull those safeties down.

I have watched games he called at Michigan and half the passing offense was rpo. It makes no sense. Last night was the time to break it out, especially for a game we ran so well.
Its not about abandoning gattis system. He should have never thrown out all of Lash's playbook and concepts to begin with

Gattis is an above average OC but an elite OC woulda kept what was good from the last OC and adapted it into his playbook

Advertisement
The Lashlee stuff is funny. Our defense caves and we give up 30 last night because we dont have any 12+ play drives (had 3 last night) keeping the defense fresh while tiring TAMU with Lashlee at the helm. We also don’t even rush for 75 yards let alone 175. The same poor WRs wouldn’t be able to separate or catch the ball in his offense either. But yeah, there would be more vertical shots, I guess that’s all that matters. Selective memory is a funny concept.
Exactly these fools don't remember the 2 yards per carry 3 and out drives that we always had with him

Even the inside zone run
You mean the one that scored 10 points against Bama or 17 against Mich st
Even the inside zone run
You do realize when you throw it more the defense can T off on the QB. Also against aTm how many 3 and outs would the offense have had? Last year Lashlee's offense scored 13 against Bama and 17 vs Mich st. the two biggest games on the schedule.

You mean the one that scored 10 points against Bama or 17 against Mich st

You do realize when you throw it more the defense can T off on the QB. Also against aTm how many 3 and outs would the offense have had? Last year Lashlee's offense scored 13 against Bama and 17 vs Mich st. the two biggest games on the schedule.
Again with the Bama/MSU comparing apples to oranges. aTm was no Bama or MSU. They are trash and will not finish with 9 wins this year. Did you forget how good our QB is at RPOs? Their D was biting hard on every run and we could’ve GASHED them for easy throws even with these WR’s with the drops.

Again with the Bama/MSU comparing apples to oranges. aTm was no Bama or MSU. They are trash and will not finish with 9 wins this year. Did you forget how good our QB is at RPOs? Their D was biting hard on every run and we could’ve GASHED them for easy throws even with these WR’s with the drops.
I agree aTm is not a great team. Point was Miami has not even competed against SEC teams lately. Under Lashlee Miami would not have run for 175. So Their D would not be biting hard on every run. If Miami just makes a couple plays they could have won 30-10. Take away Tyriq making a terrible decision and Boregales missing some kicks and its a different game. Miami scored more than 40 points only 3 times last year under Lashlee one against a high school team CCSU.

Advertisement
I agree aTm is not a great team. Point was Miami has not even competed against SEC teams lately. Under Lashlee Miami would not have run for 175. So Their D would not be biting hard on every run. If Miami just makes a couple plays they could have won 30-10. Take away Tyriq making a terrible decision and Boregales missing some kicks and its a different game. Miami scored more than 40 points only 3 times last year under Lashlee one against a high school team CCSU.

27 first downs with 3 FGs to show for it tells me we moved the ball albeit with more difficulty from WR drops. We didn’t need to score 40 vs. aTm. We just needed better playcalling in the redzone.

Advertisement
Back