i miss lashlees offense

Were down 17-9 late in the 4th quarter and we open the drive with 3 running plays and 1 pass. Wtf are we doing. We helped the Aggies so much by taking off the time clock
From our own 1 yard line, so put it in perspective.

Advertisement
Did he get dominated with Tvd at qb?
If you think A&M doesn’t dominate last night with Lashlee calling the plays then idk what to tell you. You can’t have success with that caliber of a Defense being one dimensional (airing it out) because that’s what Lashlee established. Nearly everyone shut down our running game. Lashlee’s offense works fine against most of the ACC. Let’s see Gattis does in the ACC this year.

The Lashlee stuff is funny. Our defense caves and we give up 30 last night because we dont have any 12+ play drives (had 3 last night) keeping the defense fresh while tiring TAMU with Lashlee at the helm. We also don’t even rush for 75 yards let alone 175. The same poor WRs wouldn’t be able to separate or catch the ball in his offense either. But yeah, there would be more vertical shots, I guess that’s all that matters. Selective memory is a funny concept.

Advertisement
One thing I truly HATE about Gattis’ offense is how slow everything is. From getting to the line of scrimmage, to calling audibles, (so ******* many of them tonight) to running our routes and making our reads. Everything is in slow motion and it’s the only pace we know, no matter the situation. There’s no sense of urgency and when we do make a nice play, we neutralize our own momentum by reverting back to this lumbering bumbling methodical style that just is NOT a fit at Miami.

That is all Mario my man, that is what HE wants.

This why so many wanted Lane.. for his offense.

This was what I was afraid of with Mario.. this is what he wants to see from his offense.. so get use to it..

Thank God, he made one good hire in a coordinator with Steele..
Yep. And with me it was also because Lane would’ve been easier to divorce, if he ultimately, shyts the bed.

Advertisement
Y’all better buckle up. It will take a few more games to get this thing in sync.

It took 6 games to get the offense going when he installed it at Michigan. After that they had some really good performances until they played Bama.

The Lashlee stuff is funny. Our defense caves and we give up 30 last night because we dont have any 12+ play drives (had 3 last night) keeping the defense fresh while tiring TAMU with Lashlee at the helm. We also don’t even rush for 75 yards let alone 175. The same poor WRs wouldn’t be able to separate or catch the ball in his offense either. But yeah, there would be more vertical shots, I guess that’s all that matters. Selective memory is a funny concept.
We took 4 deep shots last night that were easily TDs if thrown on the money. Two to Key and two to Arroyo.

Even the pass to Parrish on the right sideline that the linebacker broke up was a TD if the pass was thrown where HP didn't have to slow down for it

Advertisement
Sorry bro. I’m taking this offense all day. Lashlee was too much Dykes and too little Malzahn. I prefer having some integrity. I also prefer having WRs who can catch the ball.

We took 4 deep shots last night that were easily TDs if thrown on the money. Two to Key and two to Arroyo.

Even the pass to Parrish on the right sideline that the linebacker broke up was a TD if the pass was thrown where HP didn't have to slow down for it
I want to go back and rewatch the play where we threw the WR screen…or not sure if it was exactly a screen

But we had a 3 on 2 on the right side and both WRs blew their blocks. If 1 holds it, that play may have gone for a TD

I think what @htownkidd is saying is dead on. I think Gattis’ offense allows for less big plays, but they are absolutely there to be had

His offense last year at Michigan had tons of big plays IIRC

Problem is when those big play opportunities present themselves you have to execute, simply because percentage wise there will probably be less attempts than a wide open throwing offense

Problem was we literally didn’t convert on any of them

I mean look at this…a split second later (depending on the pressure) and what…4 guys open on the critical play of them game?

F409976C-4ED9-4414-BFC0-19B62482949A.jpeg

I want to go back and rewatch the play where we threw the WR screen…or not sure if it was exactly a screen

But we had a 3 on 2 on the right side and both WRs blew their blocks. If 1 holds it, that play may have gone for a TD

I think what @htownkidd is saying is dead on. I think Gattis’ offense allows for less big plays, but they are absolutely there to be had

Problem is when those big play opportunities present themselves you have to execute, simply because percentage wise there will probably be less attempts than a wide open throwing offense

I mean look at this…a split second later (depending on the pressure) and what…4 guys open on the critical play of them game?

View attachment 208748
Yep if Frankie and I forget who the other guy was on the screen play make their blocks thats a nice play instead of a loss on the WR screen.

This is the pass I'm talking about to Parrish where he torched the LB who is struggling to keep up with him but he has to slow down due to ball being under thrown. Throw it ahead of time where the green highlight is and its a TD. He underthrew the ball before this one to Arroyo too but that one was better covered this was easy if you put it on the money

1663530940760.png

Advertisement

View attachment 208748
Here is the screen you're talking about where both WR blow their blocks

1663531137976.png

Rewatching the offense I think part of why they have redding in so much is he at least blocks and they're rewarding him for it. Idk maybe he is doing more in practice besides that but I think that is definitely part of it

Here is the screen you're talking about where both WR blow their blocks

View attachment 208752

Rewatching the offense I think part of why they have redding in so much is he at least blocks and they're rewarding him for it. Idk maybe he is doing more in practice besides that but I think that is definitely part of it
Thank you for this.

Lots of space over there sheesh

I would like to see Gattis use more plays like this, bubbles etc we have some guys that are good after the catch even if they can’t stretch the field. Going against less athletic physical defenses for the rest of the year until Clemson

Thank you for this.

Lots of space over there sheesh
Yeah. I've rewatched the balls he could've hit for homeruns, but to be honest and fair to him (even though he missed and didn't put a lot of zip on some other throws he hit, there is a short window for him to make the read and place the ball where it needs to go.

A lot of these routes require a wideout to clear a safety out and he's waiting to make sure that it happens and then the pass rush starts to pressure him because they take so long to develop.

After watching further even though the window is there, it is a short window and he needs to place the balls better but even though our OL held up well, if we want to have these long developing plays we need to block even longer

Like this one here could be a TD to Arroyo if you let him make a play on the ball, or a pass to the Key in the middle left of the field, but the window is small to arroyo and it almost ends up being picked because it is under thrown and the safety makes a good play on the ball.

I do feel like Lashlee's scheme was a lot easier and not as much quick decision making involved. This shi isn't easy to decide with split seconds and 300 lb dudes bearing down on you lol
1663532000071.png

Advertisement
Back