i miss lashlees offense

Nah, fanbase is a bunch of grown *** people needing diapers, wanting to fire everyone as if they knew three months prior. We lost against a ranked opponent in an away game with 107.000 people in the stands and no receiver capable of performing at the needed level. Get a grip.
I watched the game and saw all the ineptitude of the SCHEME bog us down constantly. We wasted a beautiful defensive effort.

Advertisement
Buddy we had 400 yards and scored 9 points with 6 players in the secondary out. we have a reason to criticize, people arent complaining just for the sake of complaining
Criticise who, the players or the coaches?

If the players can't get it done against the A&M second team, what are the coaches meant to do? That drop by Smith at the end was symbolic of their entire day.

Rambo had an excellent game against Michigan State. Does he replicate his numbers if King doesn’t get hurt probably not but he’s still going to give the offense a reliable top option.

He would be for 5-10 yard gains in what this offense seems to be geared to. We'd have another X basically. Which tonight would've been nice to go to no doubt. But if you get inside the opponent's ten and call the run plays that we did, the result doesn't change no matter Rambo.

Criticise who, the players or the coaches?

If the players can't get it done against the A&M second team, what are the coaches meant to do? That drop by Smith at the end was symbolic of their entire day.
Maybe not run a Iowa based offense with Qb draws in the ******* red zone is that so hard. How about screen plays since the receivers can’t get 2 yards open

Advertisement
He would be for 5-10 yard gains in what this offense seems to be geared to. We'd have another X basically. Which tonight would've been nice to go no doubt. But if you get inside the opponent's ten and call the run plays that we did, the result doesn't change no matter Rambo.
I agree the red zone play calling was suspect. The coaches aren’t blameless here. Bad clock management and soft decision making did not help. But the fact our WRs can’t get open at all is severely concerning.

Advertisement
we're in week 3. he knows what he has in the receiver room. it's on him to scheme them open and get tvd to think less. our players are built for a fast-paced spread.
Our players aren't built for ****...

Advertisement
One thing I truly HATE about Gattis’ offense is how slow everything is. From getting to the line of scrimmage, to calling audibles, (so ******* many of them tonight) to running our routes and making our reads. Everything is in slow motion and it’s the only pace we know, no matter the situation. There’s no sense of urgency and when we do make a nice play, we neutralize our own momentum by reverting back to this lumbering bumbling methodical style that just is NOT a fit at Miami.

I agree the red zone play calling was suspect. The coaches aren’t blameless here. Bad clock management and soft decision making did not help. But the fact our WRs can’t get open at all is severely concerning.

I think it's part on them and part on the design of the plays, imo. The one play Herbie commented on, the one where our receiver was running from right to left, took forever to develop. TVD waited, and waited. By the time our receiver was reaching open space, the aTm defensive linemen had gotten free and had a hand in Van Dyke's face. This made it seem like his pass was poor but to me he was just trying to avoid the defender bearing down on him while still trying to hit the target. I'm sure others will be on here sooner than later that can dissect and point out things much better than I ever could.

Advertisement
I think it's part on them and part on the design of the plays, imo. The one play Herbie commented on, the one where our receiver was running from right to left, took forever to develop. TVD waited, and waited. By the time our receiver was reaching open space, the aTm defensive linemen had gotten free and had a hand in Van Dyke's face. This made it seem like his pass was poor but to me he was just trying to avoid the defender bearing down on him while still trying to hit the target. I'm sure others will be on here sooner than later that can dissect and point out things much better than I ever could.
Put Washington, our 23 recruit, in there and he is way faster across the field.

One thing I truly HATE about Gattis’ offense is how slow everything is. From getting to the line of scrimmage, to calling audibles, (so ******* many of them tonight) to running our routes and making our reads. Everything is in slow motion and it’s the only pace we know, no matter the situation. There’s no sense of urgency and when we do make a nice play, we neutralize our own momentum by reverting back to this lumbering bumbling methodical style that just is NOT a fit at Miami.

Thank you. End of game we're supposed to be in a two minute offense. But were we really?

There’s definitely no perfect scheme. I’m not a huge Gattis fan. I don’t like the plodding nature the offense takes on sometimes but it is what it is. The scheme will work for a string of plays then they abandon the plays that are working. I would’ve liked to see more bubble screen/putting players in space type plays. If our athletes can’t win and run a deep route tree we need to make the defense stop them 1v1 in space. Long term who knows what the scheme will look like. Bringing in Washington and Joseph leads me to believe more of that would be coming.

Advertisement
Back