I love our fans!!! Check this out!

Advertisement
This is the problem though, it's not cute, and I refuse to play along with that nonsense. I'll be damned if someone that is a fan of my alma mater behaves in a way that brings shame to the institution. Not having it, and the kind of people that enable this behavior are no better than Mr. Wannabe Thug.

By the way, if you can't talk noise without swearing, then you need to up your game.
Not having it huh? So let me ask you, what would you do if someone’s acting like that right next to you? You going to put them down?

Advertisement
this guy was three rows in front of me he was chill... at the half the fedorites when into the tunnel given us their best brian cox impersonation. so they get what the dished out at the half and for the "U" crotch shots in previous years.

The guy is ******* black. He wasn't using it as a slur. Are you kidding me?

I'm black too, and I don't use that word. It's not a word we should use, because it's a word with an awful connotation and heritage Richard Pryor said it best when he explained why he stopped using it in his act "We aren't N***ers, and we shouldn't demean ourselves by using it". Then again, it's a certain kind of black person that uses that word, usually ones that aren't educated, that have little understanding of the history of that word. Those people will sit there and complain about white people using it. Respect yourself first, and then you can start hammering others.

Nah they will throw their private school privileged *** stares at them.

They're going to get called out about it, and I've done it multiple times. Most loudmouths aren't about that life, so they usually look around for someone to back them, and most rational people won't. Bad behavior happens because no one says anything.

By the way, yes I was privileged enough to attend and graduate from the University. I don't make any apologies about it, I also had to put work in. They don't give scholarships to mediocre kids. That's why I take pride in the institution, and how we are perceived. I want to represent my alma mater in a way that is befitting not only fellow alums, students and stakeholders, but others as well. It's beyond pathetic that we have a bunch of meatheads, most of whom couldn't find Richter with a GPS and a tour guide, condone shameful behavior. There's nothing cool about being the jerk, especially when you can't even pull it off without throwing around a word that is an affront to my people. I don't give a **** if you are black too, it's a word that needs to die.

Advertisement
I’m just trying to figure out how talking **** and profanity makes some a thug??? I could’ve sworn a thug by definition is a violent criminal.

I’m confident there tons of worst examples by other teams and their fans but y’all crying over this? Y’all cry over everything on this site smh

Thugs tend to not have any social decorum, outside of being violent criminals. This guy may not be a violent criminal, but he's doing all the other things that people would associate with that underclass. Guess what, behaving like a jackass in public and being black will get you painted with that brush. Hence why most of us do everything possible to avoid being tied in to that. Then again, there are people that take a perverse pride in doing stupid crap.

This guy is a "FAN"? Classless punk is more like it....people like him UM doesn't need.....he should lose his season tickets (if he even has them) or maybe he's just some loud mouth twit who shows up at games when convenient. :stupid:

Advertisement
They're going to get called out about it, and I've done it multiple times. Most loudmouths aren't about that life, so they usually look around for someone to back them, and most rational people won't. Bad behavior happens because no one says anything.

By the way, yes I was privileged enough to attend and graduate from the University. I don't make any apologies about it, I also had to put work in. They don't give scholarships to mediocre kids. That's why I take pride in the institution, and how we are perceived. I want to represent my alma mater in a way that is befitting not only fellow alums, students and stakeholders, but others as well. It's beyond pathetic that we have a bunch of meatheads, most of whom couldn't find Richter with a GPS and a tour guide, condone shameful behavior. There's nothing cool about being the jerk, especially when you can't even pull it off without throwing around a word that is an affront to my people. I don't give a **** if you are black too, it's a word that needs to die.
Blah blah blah. The hood built Miami

Be careful getting off that high horse. I don't want you to tear your ******. For all you know that guy could be a Golden Cane who graduated as valedictorian.

I doubt it, because someone that academically accomplished would also understand the concept of "If I do this, and it goes viral, I could be unemployed or have my reputation in the community ruined". Intelligent people tend to have a understanding of consequences and appropriate behavior. Then again, intelligent people also are less likely to tolerate dumbassery.

Blah blah blah. The hood built Miami

The hood didn't build anything, the hood can't even build itself up. The kids from the hood that worked and fought their way to the University did it through hard work. Even then, those kids didn't think this was appropriate. There's a big difference between a student-athlete playing with some edge, and a loudmouth fan being obnoxious.

Advertisement
At least he got one last shot of that good looking brunette in the all white they kept showing on UNC's sideline. Best thing on that side of the field.

The hood didn't build anything, the hood can't even build itself up. The kids from the hood that worked and fought their way to the University did it through hard work. Even then, those kids didn't think this was appropriate. There's a big difference between a student-athlete playing with some edge, and a loudmouth fan being obnoxious.
Yeah you don't mind them on your team but not as fans, got it. Some of you live in fantasy land.

You speak like you've never been twenty something before. Maybe for some oos alum the elitist school schtick is cool. But those of us who had to park in the commuter lot and put 10 years of employment to get our degree from the U, could care less about the elitist schtick. Just a simple kid from the neighborhood getting his city's back the way he saw fit.

I was a kid once upon a time, and even then I knew better than to not be a jackass in public. I've talked plenty of smack in my day(still do), but guess what? I don't throw that word around, because there's no place for that word to ever be used, period. I also don't act like an illiterate moron after Miami beats on garbage.

As someone that worked their way through school, that degree and that name should mean the world to you. Why would you defend someone whose behavior demeans the institution you love?

Yeah you don't mind them on your team but not as fans, got it. Some of you live in fantasy land.

Contrary to popular belief, those kids didn't behave like that on a regular basis. Go talk to Mike Irvin, go talk to Santana Moss, they were characters for sure, but they also had character. Fundamental difference between a player being a little rough around the edges, and a "Fan" in the stands behaving like a jackass. Then again, a lot of our fans don't know diddly squat about the players they revere, they just hear "He's from the hood" forgetting that they graduated, and in a lot of cases are educated and intelligent.

Advertisement
Back