I love our fans!!! Check this out!

oh wooowwww drunk guy cursing at a football game never seen that before ....I laughed
Happens all the time by punks who can't handle their liquor and then become angry drunks. That still doesn't make it ok. It's why you have the old saying "a bad apple spoils the bunch." One day he'll say it to the wrong dude and he'll get his face smashed. The rest of us will laugh.

Advertisement
How long have you been a hurricanes fan? Have you ever been to a Miami FSU game? This is our city, our fan base. We are not ******* Wisconsin!!! This is who we are!!! Embrace it or go cheer for Wisconsin or some other “nice” team!!!

Your opinion which I strongly disagree with. It reflects low-class, uneducated thug-type individual which does not represent the Univ. of Miami which I attended.

This isn't "us"..... if this is you then you are total crap..... don't bring the rest of us along.

Juan, I have been a hurricane fan probably longer than you are old (from the mid 1950's) and you are WRONG.....this boorish drunken behavior does NOT represent the Univ. of Miami, nor do I want to be associated with this uneducated, slovenly idiot!

I don't condone it and I wouldn't do it myself but that schit was hilarious!! Guy drank a whole bucket of that spiked koolaid!! LMBO!! It was only UNC! Bruh acting like we won the national championship!!!

Reminds me of the OB!! Also hilarious that he changed it up for the girl LOL

And yes, this is nothing, NOTHING, like what goes on elsewhere.

I personally don't find drunks funny. I find them sad, demeaning and obnoxious.

Advertisement
Very proud of the guy in the video. He did an excellent job.

Next objective is to completely ruin the experience for FSU fans in attendance next weekend. Make sure they never want to come to a UM game again.

You are the type who makes others NOT want to attend games even if on the same side. STAY HOME TONY!

I’ve been treated much worse by VT, Cuse, BYU and many other fans at their stadium. Unc trashed us bad so they have it coming.
So u never been to that chit in gainesville... Even the high school games got crazy... That's the main reason they moved the state championship games to Orlando..

A lot of political correctness going on in this thread.

"Its a bad word...:"

"You shouldn't say it..."

Fact is, he said it and its his right to say it. Doesn't make it right, but it IS his right. UNC punked us out in our down years, and it was get even time. A 'fan' is short for 'fanatic'. There is going to be bad behavior.

When the 'Canes were dominant in the Orange Bowl in the 80's, the stadium was not filled with alums; it was filled mostly with the colorful people of South Florida. And yes, while most of our athletes were well educated, intelligent young men, they most certainly weren't choir boys.

It bothers me that we are now policing fans and their language. Again, unless there is physical altercation, I think the fans should pretty much say what they want.

These are not kids. They are adults playing big time football on national television.

Advertisement
GTFOH, Tim O'Brien was on the swim team and is barely a functioning adult.

Not for nothing but he was a diver, not a swimmer.

He was also an All-American diver and and represented the US in the Olympics, that is a pretty far cry from just another athlete. He is also a graduate of UM as well, so you could be proud of his accomplishments for being a decorated UM athlete or an Olympian representing your country.

I may be going out on a limb when I presume the guy making the video is not going to the olympics anytime soon and does not understand sports at the level that Tim Obrien understands them, from that level of competition anyway.

This is a dumb argument, the video guy was a drunken idiot (hopefully) and will probably be more obnoxious next week for FSU, that is his prerogative, but you might not fault others for wishing he would not be stupid in the process. Go Canes!

Thugs tend to not have any social decorum, outside of being violent criminals. This guy may not be a violent criminal, but he's doing all the other things that people would associate with that underclass. Guess what, behaving like a jackass in public and being black will get you painted with that brush. Hence why most of us do everything possible to avoid being tied in to that. Then again, there are people that take a perverse pride in doing stupid crap.
I will not fail Lord duval and go back and forth with you. What I can say is that you’re indeed lost in the sauce.

Advertisement
Here's the thing, when the team could go out on the field dominate, talk **** and back it up by their play, we called it SWAGGER. Miami invented the term in college football.

On the other hand, those teams getting their asses handed to them had to find a reason why it was happening. So they hung the "Thug" label on the U. Back then, because we were so good (money talks bull**** walks), the observant fans saw it for what it was - like "Free Shoes U," just something for fans to bat back and forth, or a few opportunistic coaches like the Tressel at Ohio State using us it to prop their programs up (until exposed).

Then as the scandals came into play, and our product on the field deteriorated with the coaching, the "Thug U" stereotype took up residence in Coral Gables for a good long while. It had foothold on the program.

Who of us hasn't seen mutton-heads who think buying a ticket to a sporting event gives them the right to say whatever they want and offend people, even those who may be pulling for the same team?

Why its wrong was covered pretty well above. But the main thing is this. If we play into it, and pitch it up, don't complain about our enemies taking a swing. Get used to "Thug U"; or ESPN and other media outlets hating on the Canes; Refs not calling holding penalties on our DL; Where we are in the rankings; or the Playoff Ranking Committee doing us wrong, because we're playing right back into their stereotypes and justifications.

Alabama will one day arrive in the scandal place from where we just emerged, because they will eventually be exposed. When you come out the other side, you have to approach things a little differently so you don't make things harder on yourselves than they already are.

I followed Tim Obrien just so I could unfollow him.

Eff these teams. Hard Rock needs more of that tbh. Make it a place teams absolutely loathe coming to.

Advertisement
So u never been to that chit in gainesville... Even the high school games got crazy... That's the main reason they moved the state championship games to Orlando..

THat is your rationale, "they do that in Gainesville"? Think of how stupid that sounds, because if I wanted to act the same way they do in Gainesville, then I would hitch up my horse and wagon, and ride up to Gainesville, go shoot some possums for dinner and have *** with all my relatives! See, you can talk smack without the N-word, **** I can even make your logic sound dumb the same way.

Advertisement
Back