(I have a random question on) Corey Flagg

His HS tape was very meh to me.

I have a hard time believing that we couldn't find a better HS MLB between Miami & Texas, sorta like the Dykstra recruitment.

I'ma cover my *** and say maybe He'll surprise me, but I just don't see it.
I have a similar opinion on Flagg. I liked his HS film ok and you can see that he is an instinctual player who makes a lot of tackles. The problem is that he is a bit limited in terms of size, athleticism and speed. I know that Flagg is a very high character kid that will out work anyone to get where he wants to be and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him. I just don't know exactly how far his work ethic will take him at this level. Frankly I see a player who could develop into a very solid dependable backup/depth player but I just don't see a starting Mike for UM especially if we continue to recruit well, use the portal and upgrade our talent level every year.

Its very possible that he starts this year considering the state of our LB room but will he hold on to the job? We will see. I will say that if Flagg is our starting Mike next year or the year after then our LB recruiting has continued to be an abysmal failure. The more I think about it the more it would surprise me if he is able to win the Mike LB spot and keep it all year assuming guys like Brooks and Huff are healthy. In terms of Flagg being similar to Shaq............ ..No Effing Way! Shaq was much more explosive. End of story. Still I like the kid and hope he proves me wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't even think his ceiling is Shaq but agree to disagree. Hope your right though

Flagg”s ceiling is a full level below Shaq. No way he has Shaq’s athleticism, and Shaq wasn’t even the most athletic guy. Flagg is more like Pinckney at MLB. Medlock’s ceiling is probably Shaq.

We’re just not getting TRob or Hickson level recruits at LB. Let’s acknowledge that and hope we do better going forward.

Advertisement
I have to ask is Flagg injured??? dude looks like he hasn't worked out all offseason
What he looked like at paradise is an absolute travesty to Miami football history. Especially at the Mike. He looks like a legit high school mlb.

He geot washed consistently in his snaps last year and his spring game performance showed much of the same.

Advertisement
Why are you guys ****ting on Flagg? He's the best we have at the position. (I mean yeah, not saying much, but still)
Name a better MLB on the team. I'll wait.

Also, inb4 Ragu

I just want improvement at the position. Flagg was so ****** last year that he somehow got playing time as a true freshman with zero spring ball and a very limited camp.

Cause most of the average fan can't recognize what is good talent. They refuse to watch other games of other teams and when they do see bama vs LSU they say it's the coaches. They just don't know how to see talent. I get it sometimes it's hard to see a HS kid and project him...but when u see bama LSU etc it's just a different type of player they have it's that simple. Alot of the fan base won't accept it......what they shouldn't accept is a recruiting defeat for a sfla savage going to play for those teams.

U either have to be a super homer or so blind of the difference of athletes compared to those schools. The draft shows that. No one picks Lawrence first because of Clemson's remarkable record. They played cause of the production and skill. Dalvin Cook gets drafted where he gets drafted even if fsu won 3 fuqin games. Isaiah Simmons goes where he goes as a top ten even if Clemson won two games. Dukes QB Jones went high and that team is complete dog ****. Scouts recognize talent regardless of wins or losses. Ken Dorsey didn't go top ten because of records he went because of projection and scouting.
You of all people ain’t the authority on what talent is dwinswhateverthehell your name is. Cut it out dawg lol just keep cis posting and chill

Advertisement
Advertisement
Honest question. Can Flagg hold up psychically against Bama?? Not sure about Flagg. I think smith and frierson/Carter can idk about him. Might have to dust off gold ol Bradley Jennings for this game just because of his physicality.

At best he's a poor man's Daryl Sharpton. He won't be close to Shaq or even pickney. If we're smart he won't play much on 3rd down and long.

Advertisement
Back