(I have a random question on) Corey Flagg

Advertisement
Queue the DJ Khalid “another one” gif.
Another One Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

Advertisement
Advertisement
I must admit I wasn’t too impressed with his performance in the spring game considering all the praise he was getting in spring practices..

Imo I think he is solid but is he the MLB in this defense by default ?
Using the spring game as an eval does not paint a clear picture, considering it was very vanilla defensively (which is the standard for spring games).

Advertisement
I liked his high school tape. Showed a dude who understands where he needs to be and the ability to quickly diagnose. Still think he’s limited physically (both size and athleticism) so that’s going to put a ceiling on how well he can play. Not my ideal choice for starting MLB but an upgrade over BJ Jennings

Advertisement
His HS tape was very meh to me.

I have a hard time believing that we couldn't find a better HS MLB between Miami & Texas, sorta like the Dykstra recruitment.

I'ma cover my *** and say maybe He'll surprise me, but I just don't see it.

His HS tape was very meh to me.

I have a hard time believing that we couldn't find a better HS MLB between Miami & Texas, sorta like the Dykstra recruitment.

I'ma cover my *** and say maybe He'll surprise me, but I just don't see it.
Comparing him to dykstra is hella disrespectful lol our linebacker room was/is suspect at best but I think people underestimate how hard it is to play mike as a freshman. BJ’s been in the program for 3-4 years and he’s clearly just as good or better. So no we obviously can’t find linebackers that are better or he wouldn’t have played last year.

But Flagg played okay before the covid stuff. None of us know what went down with a lot of players last year so we’ll find out a lot more this year. I’m not saying he’s a beast or even above average but he was our best option last year. Dykstra wasn’t playable lol. If you don’t like him you can throw him in the Robert knowles or Dallas Crawford category but Dykstra nahh bruh.

Advertisement
Back