I don't get the "fire him now" crowd

Which sounds great...unless there are several million dollars on the line because of the buyout. If UM can save several million dollars by waiting a month and a week, they will.

What happens when you refuse to pay for your mistakes?
You keep making them.
Trying to save money has cost this program more money than the any buyout combined.
You made the criminal mistake of givin him this extension then pay the price and move on.

Or what?

Again, if we agree that there's no competitive advantage in doing it now, and IF it can save you several million dollars to wait a month, why would you rationally choose not to do that? Why would you choose to throw millions of dollars away, when you know that you'll be letting him go at the end of the season anyway?

I think there is a competitive advantage. You can still save this season finish strong, win a bowl and let the seniors leave having accomplished something

So you have faith in D"onofrio or Coley or one of our other assistants with no HC experience to step in and "finish strong, win a bowl"? Not me. No one on this staff has the ability to salvage this season.
Your simply a Golden slurper dude. For you to keep arguing that anything is worse than Golden simply proves that.

Advertisement
What happens when you refuse to pay for your mistakes?
You keep making them.
Trying to save money has cost this program more money than the any buyout combined.
You made the criminal mistake of givin him this extension then pay the price and move on.

Or what?

Again, if we agree that there's no competitive advantage in doing it now, and IF it can save you several million dollars to wait a month, why would you rationally choose not to do that? Why would you choose to throw millions of dollars away, when you know that you'll be letting him go at the end of the season anyway?

I think there is a competitive advantage. You can still save this season finish strong, win a bowl and let the seniors leave having accomplished something

So you have faith in D"onofrio or Coley or one of our other assistants with no HC experience to step in and "finish strong, win a bowl"? Not me. No one on this staff has the ability to salvage this season.
Your simply a Golden slurper dude. For you to keep arguing that anything is worse than Golden simply proves that.

God you're dumb.

Or what?

we just suffered the worst defeat in Miami Hurricanes history so I don't think it can get any worse tbh. They owe it to the kids to try something.

Again, that sounds great...but not if it's going to cost several million dollars just to "try something" by giving one of these asshats the reigns for the rest of the season.

Bottom line for me is that we all know Golden's gone after this season. If it saves several million dollars to wait till the end of the year, I'm fine with that. This season's a wash anyway; no way in **** we're beating GT, Duke, or UNC, or winning a bowl game, either with AL or one of the assistants as an interim HC.

Now, if the buyout is not a sticking point, then **** yeah, get rid of him tonight.

I'm not sure if we're arguing what the AD should do or what they will do. They should get rid of him immediately, they definitely won't, for the reasons you've highlighted above. The administration hasn't made a good football decision for over 10 years now and i'm not holding my breath that they'll suddenly get smarter.

Or what?

God you're dumb.
You're the dumbest of all. 58-0, that is what your saying is OK to continue....and you don't trust assistants to coach the rest of the games. Who gives a rats ***, get the clown away from the players and any association with the team immediately. Your the dumb *** for arguing anything else.

we just suffered the worst defeat in Miami Hurricanes history so I don't think it can get any worse tbh. They owe it to the kids to try something.

Again, that sounds great...but not if it's going to cost several million dollars just to "try something" by giving one of these asshats the reigns for the rest of the season.

Bottom line for me is that we all know Golden's gone after this season. If it saves several million dollars to wait till the end of the year, I'm fine with that. This season's a wash anyway; no way in **** we're beating GT, Duke, or UNC, or winning a bowl game, either with AL or one of the assistants as an interim HC.

Now, if the buyout is not a sticking point, then **** yeah, get rid of him tonight.

I'm not sure if we're arguing what the AD should do or what they will do. They should get rid of him immediately, they definitely won't, for the reasons you've highlighted above. The administration hasn't made a good football decision for over 10 years now and i'm not holding my breath that they'll suddenly get smarter.

My point is that it might be "a good decision" to wait till the end of the season to let him go. If several million dollars are riding on it, then it seems to make **** good business sense to wait. if the buyout isn't an issue, then it seems to make **** good sense to kick his *** to the curb right now. Either way, we all know he's gone at the end of the season, so I'm not particularly sweating it.

Advertisement
The players deserve better. How can anyone ignore the examples all over the place of removing a bad HC positive effect on a football team?
Energizing the fan base, reviving hope in this program, trying to win more games and possible a bowl game (team performance can only go up from here)
all worth more than a few millions.

The players deserve better. How can anyone ignore the examples all over the place of removing a bad HC positive effect on a football team?
Energizing the fan base, reviving hope in this program, trying to win more games and possible a bowl game (team performance can only go up from here)

It's awfully easy to say that when it's not your money on the line.

We don't know what the buyout situation was in other recent firings, so it's not that easy to compare.

We don't know what the buyout situation was in other recent firings, so it's not that easy to compare.

If I have the money the university has, I will do it in a heart beat. Any good business person will tell you that. I tried to save money your way before and it came back to bite me in the **s.

If I have the money the university has, I will do it in a heart beat. Any good business person will tell you that. I tried to save money your way before and it came back to bite me in the **s.

Again, we all know he's going to be fired. We're not debating whether UM is going to retain him next year. The only issue is whether it's worth several mil (it's been rumored to be 8 mil or so) to get rid of him now versus a month from now. Any good business person wouldn't want to give 8 million away.

Advertisement

It is funny you say that.

It wasn't their money when they signed Al. It wasn't their money when they extended Al either.

It isn't their money when they eventually buy him out.

They're TRUSTEES you stupid ***ing ****. This money isn't coming out of their pockets. As a trustee, they're supposed to act on behalf of the best interest of the school. But for the last 12 ***ing years, they have done nothing waste and destroy. That doesn't sound like a good trustee.

These people, who you (as in just YOU) now trust to make the right decision, have shown nothing but incompetence during the last 12 years...Yet you still think they're acting in our best interest?

Let's remember who created this problem:

1. These people hired Al Golden (where the issue stems from),

2. These people extended Al Golden (what exacerbated the issue which REMEMBER they created), and

3. The people now are the ones who can end the issue.

Is there any chance you can stop blowing these people so some ***ing oxygen can get to your brain instead of just ****?

Last edited:

My point is that it might be "a good decision" to wait till the end of the season to let him go. If several million dollars are riding on it, then it seems to make **** good business sense to wait. if the buyout isn't an issue, then it seems to make **** good sense to kick his *** to the curb right now. Either way, we all know he's gone at the end of the season, so I'm not particularly sweating it.

Actually there's an easy solution to this quandary if you've decided to can him but the buyout is too high till December. You call him in and let him know he's done, then give him the opportunity to save face and negotiate a lower buyout and let him resign. If he refuses, simply relieve him of his head coaching duties, put him on paid leave till the buyout date, move his and Dorito's offices to the two end stalls of the men's room, and put in an interim head coach while you get a head start on a selecting a new head coach. You're going to be paying him anyway, why let the toxic atmosphere continue? University, players and fans win. Golden has a chance to win or at least save face if he's reasonable. If not, **** him. That would be my path to solving this anyway.

Again, we all know he's going to be fired. We're not debating whether UM is going to retain him next year. The only issue is whether it's worth several mil (it's been rumored to be 8 mil or so) to get rid of him now versus a month from now. Any good business person wouldn't want to give 8 million away.
:RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp:RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp:RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp:ttdG2M10mxVZxan.jpg:ibis-roflmao-sm4:

Advertisement

:RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp:RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp:RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp:ttdG2M10mxVZxan.jpg:ibis-roflmao-sm4:

Do you know if there even was a huge buyout (or whether it was just a rumor), or whether something was negotiated, or what?

If you re-read my post, the only point I was making was that IF the buyout was a large as rumored, it might be a sticking point that would keep the BOT from firing him right now.

Advertisement

:RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp:RK5I6FxwJLgEV5J6.jp:RK5I6FxwJ LgEV5J6.jp:ttdG2M10mxVZxan.jpg:ibis-roflmao-sm4:

Do you know if there even was a huge buyout (or whether it was just a rumor), or whether something was negotiated, or what?

If you re-read my post, the only point I was making was that IF the buyout was a large as rumored, it might be a sticking point that would keep the BOT from firing him right now.

[video=youtube;lWO3C7n7apg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWO3C7n7apg[/video]

As always, CaneTarHeelDumbAss is wrong and one of the biggest bytches on these boards.

Kick ROCKS ******!

And let me start off by saying that i'm an alumnus of the university and have wanted Golden's *** canned since he lost to Louisville in '13. I don't see what kind of "competitive advantage" we gain by firing a coach midseason considering that you really can't talk to current coaches about openings now anyways. Do you really think Maryland, Illinois and USC are flying in candidates to interview midseason? Whether it's 10/25 or 12/1, it's not like it's going to matter and it's also hard to argue against the theory that the search hasn't already begun to an extent already.

Also, do you really think Butch (if that's the route we go), leaves his cushy ESPN gig mid-season?

Is it okay if he gets fired now? Just askin'.

And let me start off by saying that i'm an alumnus of the university and have wanted Golden's *** canned since he lost to Louisville in '13. I don't see what kind of "competitive advantage" we gain by firing a coach midseason considering that you really can't talk to current coaches about openings now anyways. Do you really think Maryland, Illinois and USC are flying in candidates to interview midseason? Whether it's 10/25 or 12/1, it's not like it's going to matter and it's also hard to argue against the theory that the search hasn't already begun to an extent already.

Also, do you really think Butch (if that's the route we go), leaves his cushy ESPN gig mid-season?
Very short sighted view. Momentum, fan base, energizing the team, protecting players, recruiting (how hard AG will recruit now knowing he is gone in couple of months?) and last but not least getting head start on coaching search. Look how USC players played yesterday after getting rid of their disrespected HC.

--Protecting players? From what? You think putting Coley or someone as an interim coach is going to keep players from getting hurt? Please.
--Recruiting? Again...how hard would an interim coach recruit, knowing that he's going to be replaced as soon as the season ends?
--Getting a head start on the coaching search? My bet is they're already started asking around. If they do intend to fire Golden, which it seems like they do (whether right now or at the end of the season), you can bet that they've begun putting out feelers already.

How much recruiting do you think Golden is doing for Miami if he already knows he's getting canned? If anything, he'll be trying to convince recruits to follow him to his next job, assuming he was considering finding one right away. I could see Al negative recruiting us while he is the coach, because he's butt hurt.

Point is that recruiting isn't going to be any better with an interim who's on his way out the door too.

I hope Golden is let go today, don't get me wrong. I just think that some of the reasoning here is off-base. The only real reason to let him go now as opposed to at the end of the season is as a sign of good will to the fans. There is no real "competitive advantage" in it.

Str8 ******.

tom-cruise-laughing-hysterically_48.gif

Advertisement
Back