I don't get the "fire him now" crowd

AustinCane86

Thunderdome
And let me start off by saying that i'm an alumnus of the university and have wanted Golden's *** canned since he lost to Louisville in '13. I don't see what kind of "competitive advantage" we gain by firing a coach midseason considering that you really can't talk to current coaches about openings now anyways. Do you really think Maryland, Illinois and USC are flying in candidates to interview midseason? Whether it's 10/25 or 12/1, it's not like it's going to matter and it's also hard to argue against the theory that the search hasn't already begun to an extent already.

Also, do you really think Butch (if that's the route we go), leaves his cushy ESPN gig mid-season?

Advertisement
I'd get rid of him for the safety of the players. I don't need to see another Rashawn Scott tragedy where he's getting guys **** near killed to cover his own fat ***.

I'd get rid of him for the safety of the players. I don't need to see another Rashawn Scott tragedy where he's getting guys **** near killed to cover his own fat ***.

That's a far different conversation...

I also don't think there is a capable interim replacement on staff as sad as that sounds

The competitive advantage is in locking up a good coach before we are combing through the bargain bin after all of the top candidates are snatched up by forward thinking institutions. It will also help with recruiting as recruits will know who their coach is earlier.

Firing him now allows the fans to root for the team. That team may not win but we'll at least be able to get behind them.

Advertisement
First, he deserve the humiliation. Second, it puts next coach on notice, "Don't take this job if you do not intend to win." Third, cancer needs to be treated as early as possible and we are already very late. Fourth, RECRUITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butch is available immediately. No need to interview anyone else. He's the perfect fit. Been here. Done it. Ready to go. PERIOD.

This is all the job interview he needs:

697467.source.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

Advertisement
Recruiting. Allison is our most important recruit right? So we name Coley interim head coach and let him keep the already built relationship intact. Even if Coley is canned a home run guy should be able to keep him and others in the fold. We lose the whole **** class if AL stays until the season is over.

There's obviously no competitive disadvantage to doing so. At least you send the message to recruits now that change is coming while also at least temporarily pacifying the fanbase and quelling the constant "noise". The sooner the main narrative about your program isn't about when the coach is going to be fired and weekly floundering under him the better.

This has nothing to do about a competitive advantage. What it does have to do with is sending a message to the fanbase that losing is not acceptable. Having zero improvement is not tolerated. Furthermore, it sends an overwhelming loud message to the SFL recruit that Miami means business and will do whatever necessary to build a champion.

Sitting around and waiting for another six weeks is weakminded and reinforces what many fans fear. UM doesn't care about football!!

And let me start off by saying that i'm an alumnus of the university and have wanted Golden's *** canned since he lost to Louisville in '13. I don't see what kind of "competitive advantage" we gain by firing a coach midseason considering that you really can't talk to current coaches about openings now anyways. Do you really think Maryland, Illinois and USC are flying in candidates to interview midseason? Whether it's 10/25 or 12/1, it's not like it's going to matter and it's also hard to argue against the theory that the search hasn't already begun to an extent already.

Also, do you really think Butch (if that's the route we go), leaves his cushy ESPN gig mid-season?

Besides the safety of our current players?

How about we attempt to set a standard at Miami? Although this is clearly untrue.

How about recruiting? Let's soften the blow NOW rather than closer to NSD. Let's focus on our search and filling the candidate. Once we get the candidate, we can then maximize the time they have to recruit.

The season is OVER. The season was OVER before it started. Why keep him around? Why not admit that the season is OVER and move on today?

Advertisement

I would fire him so he don't run everybody off prior to him getting canned. A interim coach they might play for but for Golden they have gave up on. Send the temple crew packing now and watch us make a turn around and just maybe win a few games. Did you watch USC last night they played with passion vs a top 5 team and won.

Butch would be in Fakes office before he could put down the phone. Be serious.

We were totally overmatched yesterday. Had no business playing that game because of the complete ineptitude of the school in retaining Golden, as well as his practices. He makes the move because it is the right thing to do. Retaining him was a serious mistake made only out of greed and saving face and a few sheckles. The AD needs to get his head out of his ***.

Recruiting. Allison is our most important recruit right? So we name Coley interim head coach and let him keep the already built relationship intact. Even if Coley is canned a home run guy should be able to keep him and others in the fold. We lose the whole **** class if AL stays until the season is over.

If you hire Fuente or Herman, any QB would do the following:

10106270.jpg

Who wants to work with Coley?

Advertisement
He should be fired now... at least the players that will still be here next year, the fans, current commits, and potential recruits will have a sigh of relief knowing amateur hour is finally over.

There's obviously no competitive disadvantage to doing so. At least you send the message to recruits now that change is coming while also at least temporarily pacifying the fanbase and quelling the constant "noise". The sooner the main narrative about your program isn't about when the coach is going to be fired and weekly floundering under him the better.

Exactly. Plus the safety aspect for our players.

And I don't care if every commit from the 2016, 2017, and 2018 classes decommit... the program will be better off regardless.

Advertisement
Back