I don't get the "fire him now" crowd

Advertisement
I'd get rid of him for the safety of the players. I don't need to see another Rashawn Scott tragedy where he's getting guys **** near killed to cover his own fat ***.

That's a far different conversation...

I also don't think there is a capable interim replacement on staff as sad as that sounds
I want him gone now but if an interim from this staff some how won out and was retained as head coach it would be unbearable.
That will never happen. They are as much culpable for the debacle. Plus we have no god opponents left to gain any credibility....oh I'm good I bear Duke

And let me start off by saying that i'm an alumnus of the university and have wanted Golden's *** canned since he lost to Louisville in '13. I don't see what kind of "competitive advantage" we gain by firing a coach midseason considering that you really can't talk to current coaches about openings now anyways. Do you really think Maryland, Illinois and USC are flying in candidates to interview midseason? Whether it's 10/25 or 12/1, it's not like it's going to matter and it's also hard to argue against the theory that the search hasn't already begun to an extent already.

Also, do you really think Butch (if that's the route we go), leaves his cushy ESPN gig mid-season?
Very short sighted view. Momentum, fan base, energizing the team, protecting players, recruiting (how hard AG will recruit now knowing he is gone in couple of months?) and last but not least getting head start on coaching search. Look how USC players played yesterday after getting rid of their disrespected HC.

--Protecting players? From what? You think putting Coley or someone as an interim coach is going to keep players from getting hurt? Please.
--Recruiting? Again...how hard would an interim coach recruit, knowing that he's going to be replaced as soon as the season ends?
--Getting a head start on the coaching search? My bet is they're already started asking around. If they do intend to fire Golden, which it seems like they do (whether right now or at the end of the season), you can bet that they've begun putting out feelers already.

How much recruiting do you think Golden is doing for Miami if he already knows he's getting canned? If anything, he'll be trying to convince recruits to follow him to his next job, assuming he was considering finding one right away. I could see Al negative recruiting us while he is the coach, because he's butt hurt.

Advertisement
And let me start off by saying that i'm an alumnus of the university and have wanted Golden's *** canned since he lost to Louisville in '13. I don't see what kind of "competitive advantage" we gain by firing a coach midseason considering that you really can't talk to current coaches about openings now anyways. Do you really think Maryland, Illinois and USC are flying in candidates to interview midseason? Whether it's 10/25 or 12/1, it's not like it's going to matter and it's also hard to argue against the theory that the search hasn't already begun to an extent already.

Also, do you really think Butch (if that's the route we go), leaves his cushy ESPN gig mid-season?
Very short sighted view. Momentum, fan base, energizing the team, protecting players, recruiting (how hard AG will recruit now knowing he is gone in couple of months?) and last but not least getting head start on coaching search. Look how USC players played yesterday after getting rid of their disrespected HC.

--Protecting players? From what? You think putting Coley or someone as an interim coach is going to keep players from getting hurt? Please.
--Recruiting? Again...how hard would an interim coach recruit, knowing that he's going to be replaced as soon as the season ends?
--Getting a head start on the coaching search? My bet is they're already started asking around. If they do intend to fire Golden, which it seems like they do (whether right now or at the end of the season), you can bet that they've begun putting out feelers already.

How much recruiting do you think Golden is doing for Miami if he already knows he's getting canned? If anything, he'll be trying to convince recruits to follow him to his next job, assuming he was considering finding one right away. I could see Al negative recruiting us while he is the coach, because he's butt hurt.

Point is that recruiting isn't going to be any better with an interim who's on his way out the door too.

I hope Golden is let go today, don't get me wrong. I just think that some of the reasoning here is off-base. The only real reason to let him go now as opposed to at the end of the season is as a sign of good will to the fans. There is no real "competitive advantage" in it.

Point is that recruiting isn't going to be any better with an interim who's on his way out the door too.

I hope Golden is let go today, don't get me wrong. I just think that some of the reasoning here is off-base. The only real reason to let him go now as opposed to at the end of the season is as a sign of good will to the fans. There is no real "competitive advantage" in it.
Didn't it help the Dolphins, how about USC? You're acting like you know for a fact. What we know is it won't be any worse. Period

No competitive advantage to it? Don't see what is happening at USC? Don't you see the toxic atmosphere in the locker room? A change, sometimes any change could bring hope to the players. The players quit on him as a HC why keep him now? Do you think keeping Al is good for the players moral? Putting someone like Ice Harris may spark some hope and unity in a team that has no trust in the HC nor a hope to win the remaining games.
By protecting then players, I mean their self esteem, their confidence in themselves and this program.

There doesn't need to be a "competitive advantage"
Firing him today would not be about gaining a "competitive advantage"
It's about drawing a line in the sand and saying enough is enough.
IF you know you are going to fire him later it's negligent not to fire him now.
NOTHING that can happen between today and the end of the season with Golden still as your head coach is good for the program.

Advertisement
Keeping him is worst than firing him. Also 90% of the recruits have already said they committed to Miami and not the staff! So he should be fired today!

Keeping him is worst than firing him. Also 90% of the recruits have already said they committed to Miami and not the staff! So he should be fired today!
Those are smart recruits. Plus you give them time to process it, instead of a few weeks before signing day

NOTHING that can happen between today and the end of the season with Golden still as your head coach is good for the program.

Which sounds great...unless there are several million dollars on the line because of the buyout. If UM can save several million dollars by waiting a month and a week, they will.

Advertisement

Which sounds great...unless there are several million dollars on the line because of the buyout. If UM can save several million dollars by waiting a month and a week, they will.

What happens when you refuse to pay for your mistakes?
You keep making them.
Trying to save money has cost this program more money than the any buyout combined.
You made the criminal mistake of givin him this extension then pay the price and move on.

You keep making them.
Trying to save money has cost this program more money than the any buyout combined.
You made the criminal mistake of givin him this extension then pay the price and move on.

Or what?

Again, if we agree that there's no competitive advantage in doing it now, and IF it can save you several million dollars to wait a month, why would you rationally choose not to do that? Why would you choose to throw millions of dollars away, when you know that you'll be letting him go at the end of the season anyway?

You keep making them.

Or what?

Again, if we agree that there's no competitive advantage in doing it now, and IF it can save you several million dollars to wait a month, why would you rationally choose not to do that? Why would you choose to throw millions of dollars away, when you know that you'll be letting him go at the end of the season anyway?

Well for one thing you better hope Golden doesn't burn the place down on his way out.
No one knows how this dude is going to react knowing he is going to fired for the first time in his life.

Advertisement

You keep making them.

Or what?

I think there is a competitive advantage. You can still save this season finish strong, win a bowl and let the seniors leave having accomplished something

You keep making them.

Or what?

I think there is a competitive advantage. You can still save this season finish strong, win a bowl and let the seniors leave having accomplished something

So you have faith in D"onofrio or Coley or one of our other assistants with no HC experience to step in and "finish strong, win a bowl"? Not me. No one on this staff has the ability to salvage this season.

Last edited:

You keep making them.

Or what?

So you have faith in D"onofrio or Coley or one of our other assistants with no HC experience to step in and "finish strong, win a bowl"? Not me. No one on this staff has the ability to salvage this season.

we just suffered the worst defeat in Miami Hurricanes history so I don't think it can get any worse tbh. They owe it to the kids to try something.

You keep making them.

Or what?

we just suffered the worst defeat in Miami Hurricanes history so I don't think it can get any worse tbh. They owe it to the kids to try something.

Again, that sounds great...but not if it's going to cost several million dollars just to "try something" by giving one of these asshats the reigns for the rest of the season.

Bottom line for me is that we all know Golden's gone after this season. If it saves several million dollars to wait till the end of the year, I'm fine with that. This season's a wash anyway; no way in **** we're beating GT, Duke, or UNC, or winning a bowl game, either with AL or one of the assistants as an interim HC.

Now, if the buyout is not a sticking point, then **** yeah, get rid of him tonight.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back