I can’t defend Manny

Advertisement
The reality is that with all of the warts this team has they were in position to win all 5 games.

The next time the defense gets a critical stop to preserve a game (CMU doesn't count) will be the first since maybe 2005. Seriously .... when is the last time that we needed the defense to stop a team and they actually did it.

The reality is that with all of the warts this team has they were in position to win all 5 games.

The next time the defense gets a critical stop to preserve a game (CMU doesn't count) will be the first since maybe 2005. Seriously .... when is the last time that we needed the defense to stop a team and they actually did it.

I agree with this. This defense is not bad. But we are horrible at defense critical downs in the game. On every routine down, we play pretty **** well. When a critical play is necessary, we seem to be out of position 100% of the time.

Advertisement
Nope. Actual production and not 5* hope and prayers.

They have to put him on the field. He is talented, his freshman year shown it. When he goes in the transfer portal, Cager will look minor to the next team that gets him.

They have to put him on the field. He is talented, his freshman year shown it. When he goes in the transfer portal, Cager will look minor to the next team that gets him.

He didn't show anything his Freshman year .... Cam did yet neither is remotely considered an elite player amongst the ACC.

Brevin and DJ. That's it including nobody on D.

Cager is an average receiver that will have average numbers this year on a dominant team (which makes his pedestrian numbers that much worse). He won't even make an NFL practice roster.

He didn't show anything his Freshman year .... Cam did yet neither is remotely considered an elite player amongst the ACC.

Brevin and DJ. That's it including nobody on D.

Cager is an average receiver that will have average numbers this year on a dominant team (which makes his pedestrian numbers that much worse). He won't even make an NFL practice roster.

he will get a look due to GA, where as he doesn't transfer, he doesn't even sign an agent leaving here, even FRM

Its worse than i thought if Cristobal is whom they targeted and wanted. Who tf is buying him out for that much?.
The probably is the admin and the AD.....they need to go like NOW. But the donors maybe cool with apuppet like the AD we have. So........
I dont agree that mario wouldve been a bad hire BECAUSE I know the staff he was gonna surround himself with. We had a group chat going among all of us. That's all I'm gonna say on that. I understand the concerns with Mario's game day coaching much like I understood at the time the criticism butch would get for the same thing. But mario is still young and he is a monster recruiter. Surround him with the right support and hed be unstoppable. MOST coaches are nothing more or less than the staff they surround themselves with. I'm not even gonna say the names that were being tossed around for a.d. a couple of very interesting fairy tales atleast.

Advertisement
Lol at anyone thinking he’s gonna be here 4 years. We’re on path for 4-8 and next year isn’t gonna be much better. At this rate he’s gonna be gone in 2

Manny should be gone at the end of the year. Even if he changed staff he's set []__[]s too far back with the product he's putting on the field. You're a dead man walking when the guys you have won't play for you and the ones you want won't come; ask Mark Richt. Ultimately, he is not ready and should be dismissed (buyout) at the end of the year so we can salvage next season with the talent we have. Either get one of the proven dudes on the sidelines or back-channel Mario, who can at least salvage a recruiting class.

Based on his trajectory there's absolutely no reason to move forward with Manny next season.

Last edited:
I dont agree that mario wouldve been a bad hire BECAUSE I know the staff he was gonna surround himself with. We had a group chat going among all of us. That's all I'm gonna say on that. I understand the concerns with Mario's game day coaching much like I understood at the time the criticism butch would get for the same thing. But mario is still young and he is a monster recruiter. Surround him with the right support and hed be unstoppable. MOST coaches are nothing more or less than the staff they surround themselves with. I'm not even gonna say the names that were being tossed around for a.d. a couple of very interesting fairy tales atleast.

Mario deserves a shot, and I'd happily give him the last two years of Manny's tenure.

That's probably the best thing the admin could do to maintain morale of the fanbase and salvage recruiting.

Advertisement
Mario deserves a shot, and I'd happily give him the last two years of Manny's tenure.

That's probably the best thing the admin could do to maintain morale of the fanbase and salvage recruiting.

When will you people realize that Cristobal's so called recruiting "Prowess" is more the result of Alabama and Oregon having **** near UNLIMITED recruiting budgets? Anyone with a pulse can recruit at those two schools, especially if they are willing to do it a certain way. Even stiffs like Shula were able to land talent at Alabama, and everyone knew that dude was trash. Cristobal is an AWFUL gameday coach, and let's be honest: You need someone that can get the most out of the talent at Miami, because you aren't going to be able to out talent everyone on the schedule. Cristobal gets worked by **** near anyone with equal or superior talent.

If he wasn't a "Miami" guy, we wouldn't even be considering him. We need to get away from this "Miami" guy crap. There are far too many coaches with far less baggage and significantly more skill managing programs similar to Miami for the school to take a chance on a guy that would need the best of everything in order to succeed.

Dantonio off that Saban coaching tree, along with Kirby and Fisher. I am skeptical of Cristobal's ability to win a championship but he would have been a much better hire than Diaz. Frankly, keeping Richt with a new OC would have been preferable, but James blew any leverage by stupidly giving Richt an extension.
Richt would've quit anyway. He was done, internally and externally.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not really. Look at cokers staff. He had studs on that staff that cokers Inexperience & the inability to delegate responsibilities throughout the program dragged down. Onion could never find an o.c with a clue and he was just a power driven prick that tore down everything he touched. Alfraud well there was no dnofrio. Do I really need to say more. Beyond that alfraud was loyal to a fault to his staff rather than his team. He was looking for a way out as soon as he stepped foot in. Cmr we already spoke on. This staff as a whole has MAYBE 3 coaches who deserve to have jobs & that's generous. As stated the common denominator is the scholls mismanagement of resources and the refusal of getting rid of blake. Much like manny it's been abundantly clear with him as well that hes no better than a basic intern. In far over his head. Let's all sit back and thank shalalalala again for that piece of **** bulldyke ever leaving Wisconsin & dying on our doorstep.

We'd have been some thing with Barry Alvarez. I truly believe that.

Advertisement
Back