I can’t defend Manny

Better grab a snickers...
nah, bro... no way we, []__[], let this ****-show ride.

I love this team and can't even watch the games. This is Shannons last game and Golden vs Clemson, every single week.
Every interview and day these dudes are here it's detrimental to our program. Find the right timing at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
When will you people realize that Cristobal's so called recruiting "Prowess" is more the result of Alabama and Oregon having **** near UNLIMITED recruiting budgets? Anyone with a pulse can recruit at those two schools, especially if they are willing to do it a certain way. Even stiffs like Shula were able to land talent at Alabama, and everyone knew that dude was trash. Cristobal is an AWFUL gameday coach, and let's be honest: You need someone that can get the most out of the talent at Miami, because you aren't going to be able to out talent everyone on the schedule. Cristobal gets worked by **** near anyone with equal or superior talent.

If he wasn't a "Miami" guy, we wouldn't even be considering him. We need to get away from this "Miami" guy crap. There are far too many coaches with far less baggage and significantly more skill managing programs similar to Miami for the school to take a chance on a guy that would need the best of everything in order to succeed.

He's seen championship programs at Miami and Alabama. That's important, IMO. These other dudes we've had recently haven't, and they don't know what it needs to look like. Get him the right staff and he can be successful.

Advertisement
Not everyone has the skill set, the personality, and the intangibles it takes to be a championship or even a somewhat
successful head football coach and I don't believe that is something that can be learned.

Manny should have stayed at Temple.

Only 2.5 more seasons of this until they even think of moving on. It's not that long when you think about it. Given our hiring history, I'll guess next man up is Schiano.

Schiano, Rex Ryan and Marc Trestman will be the final 3. Our coaching search has been so **** poor in every search.

Advertisement
Not everyone has the skill set, the personality, and the intangibles it takes to be a championship or even a somewhat
successful head football coach and I don't believe that is something that can be learned.

Manny should have stayed at Temple.
Yep.. He set his career back by taking a job he was not ready for

The Manny experiment is over. They’ll give him one more year but he clearly is not the guy. We’ll have to endure one more painful year. He may pull a Taggart and hire new coordinators and advisers but there’s no way he survives.

But they dont listen to us. Our only voice is vilma & he is certainly his own person. Stu & paul have some of the same thoughts and have remained friendly with plenty of us but they dont put down on the board often enough. You also have to understand it's crazy to think we wouldnt be loyal to the people that put us in position to live our best life. Yes the game has passed butch & several others by. But is it really necessary to take shots at him(I dont just mean u chise)every chance people get on here who dont agree hes the right coach. Fans of ours SHOULD idolize the man. It's sad but not many of our coaches have exactly got a fair shake from admin. He was certainly one of them.

I've been saying this! Any disrespect towards Butch is blasphemous!

Advertisement
Yep.. He set his career back by taking a job he was not ready for

He really did. Smart play was take a low key G5 gig, learn how to run a team (penalties are 95% coaching and prep), then take a P5 when ready in 3 years. Instead he will get fired in 4 years and never be a P5 HC again. Of course, he didn't hire himself. No sir, that was the doing of Blake James, who paid Temple several million dollars for Diaz.

Dabo wasn’t a big money hire. At the time, he was considered a cheap reach. Richt and his staff were a lot more expensive.

Dabo only kept the job after his 4-3 interim season because Clemson beat arch rival USCe.

Advertisement
I'd hire Folden over Manny every time. Penn State wanted Golden too. No one wanted Diaz except a G5 school. The entire time Golden was at Miami, he was waiting for the NCAA to give the death penalty. Yet he still managed to win 9 games in a season, beat UF, and even technically won the coastal (which Miami refused hoping to get mercy from the NCAA). What's Diaz's excuse?
He tied for the coastal. We only got the chance to decline the ACCCG invite because UNC who had the tiebreaker declined the invite before us

Huh?

I thought Enos was supposed to be a qb whisperer and one of the best in the country? He hid Jarren all year, and today 3 ints in the first qtr. I've never believed in their being a significant impact from the variance (as marginal as it might be) from position coaching. I've said this many times: Brennan Carroll (never played or coached WRs until 2013) didn't make Dorsett a first round pick. He wasn't the reason why Hurns broke career receiving records, and he wasn't the reason for Coley being a freshman AA. They need to be good recruiters. They all teach what they're TOLD TO TEACH by the D-COORDINATOR. We have and average OC, and a below average DC. Why did Dabo Succeed besides bags? It's not position coaches; it's talent and elite coordinators.
[/QUOT

He tied for the coastal. We only got the chance to decline the ACCCG invite because UNC who had the tiebreaker declined the invite before us

UNC didnt decline. They were banned by the NCAA. Miami self imposed. Miami had the option of representing the ACC coastal. UNC could not.

I dont agree that mario wouldve been a bad hire BECAUSE I know the staff he was gonna surround himself with. We had a group chat going among all of us. That's all I'm gonna say on that. I understand the concerns with Mario's game day coaching much like I understood at the time the criticism butch would get for the same thing. But mario is still young and he is a monster recruiter. Surround him with the right support and hed be unstoppable. MOST coaches are nothing more or less than the staff they surround themselves with. I'm not even gonna say the names that were being tossed around for a.d. a couple of very interesting fairy tales atleast.
Wait, when were names being tossed around for AD? Are you saying they were considering dumpin Flake James but instead kept him and let him hire the next coach and pay Temple 4 million to get that coach who was on staff 2 days earlier.

Advertisement
Back