I can’t defend Manny

25 sacks in 5 games including 10 and 7 sack games(worst in the nation). I thought that would be statistically impossible especially with a mobile QB. 130 out of 131 teams on 3rd down and yesterday 1.5 yards avg rushing LOL. That first half was the worst half of football I have ever seen and I have seen some doozies.

Manny’s defense gave up 550 rushing yds to a BYU team known more for their air attack than ground game. My point is Manny is great as breaking all of the wrong records and shocking the world. Let’s give him time he is striving towards his team being bottom dwellers in every statistical NC2A category.

Advertisement
Obviously firing Manny would be extreme after year one, but if we go 4-8, which looks like the upside right now, it wouldn't be absurd. Blake needs to go right now. He can't be the one to make the call.

If we end the season 4-8 they would have no choice but to fire him. Even 5-6 is a fireable offense. Reason being I don’t know if they can afford to lose anymore season ticket holders. I for one would not renew. I would just go to the FSU game and that’s it. **** I can get that ticket on StubHub. I can watch the rest at my **** house. Wasting Saturdays away on this product is a no-go.

I also see a lot of this from Manny’s defenses like when he was fired:

“One of the biggest problems against BYU - in addition to Diaz basically playing a 4-2-5 scheme (this is what Texas opened in) and even a 5-1-5 scheme - was that the defensive line continued to shoot gaps instead of a base, read-and-react, gap control defense.
So when BYU would slant its offensive line to the left or right, and the Cougars did that a lot, it allowed BYU to get the Texas front flowing in one direction. Then, BYU would counter or cut back with Hill or a running back in the opposite direction with nothing but open field.
This is the same stuff that got Diaz's D in trouble last year. His D-linemen needed to hold their ground, engage blocks and shed blocks to protect their gaps. Instead, they were out of position all night.”

His defenses, particularly his DLs, play undisciplined style football with no gap control. However not to be outdone his secondary can often suck as well. Wisky’s Hornibrook (who couldn’t even keep his starting job and was forced to transfer) was the OB MVP. That night he looked like he was ready to be the #1 NFL pick. Once teams adjust during games Manny typically has no answers or strategy.

Advertisement
You dont need an elite coach. How much better would we be with babers? **** we would be good with clausen from wake.
None of the coaches we’ve won NCs with were considered elite when we hired them. Last year’s NC winner was a WR coach when he got hired as Clemsons HC and was out of football a couple years before that selling real estate. Lincoln Riley wasn’t an elite HC either. Neither was Ryan Day.

We need to find the right guy. It doesn’t have to be Nick Sabag. But we won’t anyway so it’s a waste of time. We’re stuck with this shyster and the nerd who hired him. That’s the Miami way.

The first and only fire that should occur is Blake James. Not only has the hires completely sucked, but the ability to build a schedule worth a **** has too.

This is a great post.

The scheduling is a major point that also gets lost. He seems to be doing a terrible job at it.

I also see a lot of this from Manny’s defenses like when he was fired:

“One of the biggest problems against BYU - in addition to Diaz basically playing a 4-2-5 scheme (this is what Texas opened in) and even a 5-1-5 scheme - was that the defensive line continued to shoot gaps instead of a base, read-and-react, gap control defense.
So when BYU would slant its offensive line to the left or right, and the Cougars did that a lot, it allowed BYU to get the Texas front flowing in one direction. Then, BYU would counter or cut back with Hill or a running back in the opposite direction with nothing but open field.
This is the same stuff that got Diaz's D in trouble last year. His D-linemen needed to hold their ground, engage blocks and shed blocks to protect their gaps. Instead, they were out of position all night.”

His defenses, particularly his DLs, play undisciplined style football with no gap control. However not to be outdone his secondary can often suck as well. Wisky’s Hornibrook (who couldn’t even keep his starting job and was forced to transfer) was the OB MVP. That night he looked like he was ready to be the #1 NFL pick. Once teams adjust during games Manny typically has no answers or strategy.
His mentor is Chuck Amato. That’s who he learned from. Antiquated concepts. Remember Mickey Andrews’s defenses his last couple years? They couldn’t cover anyone. That’s what we are.

The only time we stop someone is when the QB misses an open receiver like when Blades got toasted by 15 yards for a walk-in long TD but Hooker overthrew the receiver.

None of the coaches we’ve won NCs with were considered elite when we hired them. Last year’s NC winner was a WR coach when he got hired as Clemsons HC and was out of football a couple years before that selling real estate. Lincoln Riley wasn’t an elite HC either. Neither was Ryan Day.

We need to find the right guy. It doesn’t have to be Nick Sabag. But we won’t anyway so it’s a waste of time. We’re stuck with this shyster and the nerd who hired him. That’s the Miami way.

Agree. Thats why i said babers and clausen. Neith are elite but lightyears better than what we hire.

Advertisement
One of the sorriest staffs in P5 football, and it shows every week. Every week, we get thoroughly worked by other staffs.

There’s not a guy on this staff who has accomplished anything of note in college football. And the only one with an inkling of pedigree is Enos with his one year under Sabag.

Absolutely.

Its a clown show over at the Hecht. Embarrassing af. Everyone should be ashamed of themselves for being a part of this ham'n'egger operation we got going on here. This isn't anything resembling competitive college football. Some of the sorriest play I've ever seen here.

Last edited:
His mentor is Chuck Amato. That’s who he learned from. Antiquated concepts. Remember Mickey Andrews’s defenses his last couple years? They couldn’t cover anyone. That’s what we are.

The only time we stop someone is when the QB misses an open receiver like when Blades got toasted by 15 yards for a walk-in long TD but Hooker overthrew the receiver.

It was like Rick’s FSU offenses. They were potent and explosive in the 90s primarily due to far superior talent and athletic ability. However you see what happened when Rick tried to play OC in today’s game. You can’t rely on talent alone especially if you aren’t Bama, OSU or Clemson. You need highly intelligent high IQ football people because schemes are far more complex and intricate. There is no one on this staff outside of (maybe) Enos that even remotely fits this bill. It’s a staff that by and large belongs at the D3 level.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

Its a clown show over at the Hecht. Embarrassing af. Everyone should be ashamed of themselves for being a part of this ham'n'egger operation we got going on here. This isn't anything resembling competitive college football. Some of the sorriest play I've ever seen here.
Sad thing is that FSU’s staff is infinitely better than ours, and Tagfart and Co are a national joke.

Watch how Briles busts a hundred nuts in our face. Shanny made Hornibrook look like Joe Montana a couple years ago. If he’s the QB against us he’ll go 32-35 for 475 and 5 TDs.

And Leavitt will have enough time by that date to have a good plan to beat the fck out of whoever our QB is.

Advertisement
Sad thing is that FSU’s staff is infinitely better than ours, and Tagfart and Co are a national joke.

Watch how Briles busts a hundred nuts in our face. Shanny made Hornibrook look like Joe Montana a couple years ago. If he’s the QB against us he’ll go 32-35 for 475 and 5 TDs.

And Leavitt will have enough time by that date to have a good plan to beat the fck out of whoever our QB is.

We are toast, brother.

Losing to the gator...losing to Mack Brown's 1-11 quality UNC team...in a legitimate dog fight with 2-10 MAC teams...and losing to the worst Power 5 team in Virginia Tech isn't rock bottom.

I don't even know where rock bottom is because it seems we keep breaking through that glass floor and finding a new, creative way to embarrass ourselves. This Florida State game is going to be something else.

...and watch...Miami is going to pull off some **** in this Virginia game to give the mouthbreathers hope. Friday night home game on ESPN in October...those ALWAYS get weird...wild upsets happen in this spot and watch Miami win this game. It'll ultimately be meaningless, but it'll make that future FSU loss that much worse.

Who the **** on this team besides Dallas is amongst the "best players in the ACC"?
Huh? Players development aside (that's on coaching) who were better as HS players than our two TE's? I'm sure Jordan would like to have a word with you. As HS players, where Hightower and Pope ranked among WR's? Lingard among RB's? And who in the ACC better than Shaq and Pinckney? Who is in the ACC better than Garvin, Patchan, Harvey and Rousseau? The list goes on.

I remember when Saban wanted Pope and Hall badly. Now posters are putting down our players to justify poor coaching and development. SMH

Huh? Players development aside (that's on coaching) who were better as HS players than our two TE's? I'm sure Jordan would like to have a word with you. As HS players, where Hightower ranked among WR? Lingard among RB's? And who in the ACC better than Shaq and Pinckney? Who is in the ACC better than Garvin, Patchan, Harvey and Rousseau? The list goes on.
Now posters are putting down our players to justify poor coaching and development. SMH

That boy said Patchan

1570372917275.gif

Advertisement

You're absolutely right. Its a sad and embarrassing day when we've come to expect being out coached by Willie ******* Taggart. That's such a low bar.

We are toast, brother.

Losing to the gator...losing to Mack Brown's 1-11 quality UNC team...in a legitimate dog fight with 2-10 MAC teams...and losing to the worst Power 5 team in Virginia Tech isn't rock bottom.

I don't even know where rock bottom is because it seems we keep breaking through that glass floor and finding a new, creative way to embarrass ourselves. This Florida State game is going to be something else.

...and watch...Miami is going to pull off some **** in this Virginia game to give the mouthbreathers hope. Friday night home game on ESPN in October...those ALWAYS get weird...wild upsets happen in this spot and watch Miami win this game. It'll ultimately be meaningless, but it'll make that future FSU loss that much worse.
We will, without question, beat uva. And you’re right. All the mongoloids will try to start circling the wagons. How many times have we seen that exact scenario play out under the last 4 bums?

Advertisement
Back