I am all in with Richt but some of you will not like this...

I'm wondering if Mark Richt has forgotten about playcalling after a decade of not doing it.

It may take time for him to get more used to calling plays again. Hopefully he'll be better at it by the end of this season.

Advertisement
I do not like Richt as a play caller. I really think he should reach out to Ken Dorsey before he gets a NFL OC job. Ken has recently stated that he would love to come back to Miami. This is Richt's chance to get someone who will be a great asset to his program. Also, he could groom Dorsey to be the next head coach.

Yeap. No time to waste, fire QB coach now and bring in Ken. Hiring the kid thing did Bobby in; Mark should know better.

He sure should know better than that.

I want Mark to kick rear here but using a coaching position up on his son puts him on the fire immediately. He had Earl Morrall as his QB coach, not Howard's son. Brad has not looked improved and he is about the only thing that does not look improved. Mark needs to see this himself and take action. Either he or his son are not making the grade with a very smart QB as their student.

Lol how do you know Job Richt isn't good at coaching QB's?

Is Brad stupid? Nope. Does Brad reject coaching? Nope. Is Brad lazy and spend his time playing video games? Nope. Does Brad look better now than he did under the Golden slob staff? Nope!!!! If sonny boy can coach, he needs to have it show on the field or Mark is going to have to make up the difference. Do you seriously think another power 5 team would have hired Jon as QB coach this year? Listen, you can give a shot to a young up and coming with high risk/reward ratio but not your son. He needs to be a winning. This is a town without mercy with 4 NC coaches who have NO statue.

You cant just make assumptions after 1 game. I'm more happy about our defense. Richt has been coaching for a long time, he doesn't seem overly worried and I wont be either. To how i I see our defense playing in sure Kaaya will play better. If Coley got him to put up decent numbers, Richt will as well especially with running the ball alot better

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Yeah I'll say 1 game isn't really a fair period to judge. I'll wait a bit longer to say for sure.

Yeap. No time to waste, fire QB coach now and bring in Ken. Hiring the kid thing did Bobby in; Mark should know better.

I want Mark to kick rear here but using a coaching position up on his son puts him on the fire immediately. He had Earl Morrall as his QB coach, not Howard's son. Brad has not looked improved and he is about the only thing that does not look improved. Mark needs to see this himself and take action. Either he or his son are not making the grade with a very smart QB as their student.

Is Brad stupid? Nope. Does Brad reject coaching? Nope. Is Brad lazy and spend his time playing video games? Nope. Does Brad look better now than he did under the Golden slob staff? Nope!!!! If sonny boy can coach, he needs to have it show on the field or Mark is going to have to make up the difference. Do you seriously think another power 5 team would have hired Jon as QB coach this year? Listen, you can give a shot to a young up and coming with high risk/reward ratio but not your son. He needs to be a winning. This is a town without mercy with 4 NC coaches who have NO statue.

Richt wants to coach QB's but wouldn't be a good head coach if he spent all his time doing so. So you have to have a coach for the QB's. However, you can't have two coaches teaching different methods so Richt needs a guy teaching his way. Jon Richt fits the mold and there is no evidence that he's not a good coach and won't have a good future. You're complaining without anything to complain about here.

Advertisement
I do not like Richt as a play caller. I really think he should reach out to Ken Dorsey before he gets a NFL OC job. Ken has recently stated that he would love to come back to Miami. This is Richt's chance to get someone who will be a great asset to his program. Also, he could groom Dorsey to be the next head coach.

Yea...the guy who took 2 teams to a NC as Off. Coord and was in the top 5 for 3 straight years can't call plays

That was **** near twenty years ago. He is passed his prime as a play caller.

Yeah. Too old. Never should've hired an old man.

I guess I shouldn't admit to going to school with that old man.

Heck, I graduated before he even got to The U.

Richt actually adjusted the game plan at halftime (realizing that Kayaa wasn't turning it around) and we started throwing screens and running the ball. They couldn't stop it.

He needs to get a feel for what Kayaa can do in live games, not practice.

As long as we continue to pound the rock then I'll be all in on the play calling. I thought in the 1st half he made an obvious attempt to get Kayaa into some sort of rhythm. He kept calling pass plays and Kayaa just kept missing WRs.

We need N'Kosi in the worst way. Kid is the real deal and the future at QB for us. Can't wait.

Richt actually adjusted the game plan at halftime (realizing that Kayaa wasn't turning it around) and we started throwing screens and running the ball. They couldn't stop it.

He needs to get a feel for what Kayaa can do in live games, not practice.

As long as we continue to pound the rock then I'll be all in on the play calling. I thought in the 1st half he made an obvious attempt to get Kayaa into some sort of rhythm. He kept calling pass plays and Kayaa just kept missing WRs.

We need N'Kosi in the worst way. Kid is the real deal and the future at QB for us. Can't wait.

This, noticed that too. Looks like he said f_ck the downfield passing game and rode his backs and the swing passes/screens

We'll see what the future holds, but hitching about anything by and large at this point is premature.

I haven't seen either of our first two games yet, but some were sky high on Richt calling plays when he was hired. It's been years since he was doing that, so we'll see how it works out. What he did years ago may not work, but perhaps he's updated his offense. Either way, just wait and see.
You haven't watched any of the games??
Lol...

Isn't that something?

That's why he's a cūnt. He spends more time bloviating and posting, and zero time actually watching games.

Not a Cane fan. NotCaneFan

Anyone who listens to a word INCumFace says again should be banned. The maggot is an admitted FSU fan and admittedly doesn't even watch UM games. Yet, he's going to come on here and spew his diarrhea. LOL

Advertisement
The game opened up when we lined up in 10/11 personnel and got defenders out of the box.

Exactly. Anyone who doesn't see that we should be spreading things out should drink a cup of Prestone.

Those tight I formation sets are the death of me and UM offense. Spread it out and gash the **** out of teams through wide open running lanes.

Your an idiot. You want richt to bust out his entire playbook for fau?

Richt wants to coach QB's but wouldn't be a good head coach if he spent all his time doing so. So you have to have a coach for the QB's. However, you can't have two coaches teaching different methods so Richt needs a guy teaching his way. Jon Richt fits the mold and there is no evidence that he's not a good coach and won't have a good future. You're complaining without anything to complain about here.

Can we talk about how bad the ol looked in pass protection. If Kaaya doesn't feel comfortable in the pocket, it'll be a long year for us.

Advertisement
I'm no football guru but it's the play calling that actually won that game. When he saw the passing game was off he made adjustments and started to call all the bubble screens and short passes which settled the team into a groove and let them run the ball.

To OP: Never go full ******.

A) still hiding a significant portion of the playbook
B) passing game was not in sync so we went heavy run (MAJOR KEY)
C) defense was lights out

The quick adjustment to say hey Kaaya aint with it today lets pound the rock was great coaching. Think how long that would have taken Golden to figure out.

They covered the ******* spread man, ffs. Next week starts real season.

Advertisement
Let me say it again. The OL was not that bad. Brad was off. FAU has one guy who was second in the nation last year in sacks and he was giving Darling problems but Brad was late with his reads as well as not stepping up in the pocket.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Mark Richt saw that Kaaya was rattled and struggling, so he simplified the play calling to keep his confidence up. That's why you saw all the swing passes, etc. Swing passes, screen, etc are an easy way to get completions in order to get your QB to settle down and get in rhythm.

Same principle applies in basketball. When you have an off shooting night you want to get some layups or to the FT line to "see" the ball go through the hoop. It builds confidence and it's a way to get in rhythm.

Richt knows what he's doing and as a former QB, he knows how to settle a QB down and to keep his confidence up. That's what he was doing with Kaaya

Advertisement
Back