I’m not reading any other threads.

Advertisement
This may sound dumb, but I encourage you to look at the box score from last years national championship game compared to this one and that was against OSU. I know it’s not the same team but it’s interesting.
Look at box score from last few championships tbh. You had 17-18 year as close game, 18-19 as blow out, 19-20 as relative blowout, 20-21 as blow out

CFB is not dead. I actually enjoy watching all of CFB. It’s dead when U’re a fan of a program that’s not in contention. I’m sure Bama fans were saying CFB was dead as we were dominating through the 80’s - 2000’s, doing it our way, breaking CFB mode.

The fact is, we caused this bull chit. Questionable hire, after questionable hire, after questionable hire. We caused this chit. We have teams an opportunity to poach, and once these kids experienced success outside of the crib, and we stayed struggling to win 8 games, that was a wrap.
It kinda is dead when the same 4 teams are playing in the playoffs every **** year. Alabama wins it every other year and Clemson,Ohio St,Georgia or Oklahoma compete for the scraps. Once in awhile lsu or Notre Dame make noise. Parity is gone at this stage. Has nothing to do with us being garbage

CFB is not dead. I actually enjoy watching all of CFB. It’s dead when U’re a fan of a program that’s not in contention. I’m sure Bama fans were saying CFB was dead as we were dominating through the 80’s - 2000’s, doing it our way, breaking CFB mode.

The fact is, we caused this bull chit. Questionable hire, after questionable hire, after questionable hire. We caused this chit. We have teams an opportunity to poach, and once these kids experienced success outside of the crib, and we stayed struggling to win 8 games, that was a wrap.
Yea and it’s going to take years of having a consistent HC to give us consistent ACC Coastal wins and ACC title appearances to convince recruits to come here and try to climb back up the totem pole.

It kinda is dead when the same 4 teams are playing in the playoffs every **** year. Alabama wins it every other year and Clemson,Ohio St,Georgia or Oklahoma compete for the scraps. Once in awhile lsu or Notre Dame make noise. Parity is gone at this stage. Has nothing to do with us being garbage

Again, it’s dead b/c WE suck. I’m sure none of us was complaining when it was us in **** near Every National Championship game from 83 - 94.

Advertisement
Yea and it’s going to take years of having a consistent HC to give us consistent ACC Coastal wins and ACC title appearances to convince recruits to come here and try to climb back up the totem pole.

And that’s precisely the problem. We’re scheduling Bama when we’re struggling w/ the likes of GT, UVA, Duke & UNC. We can’t even take care of our own wack conference, despite us being the most talented team by recruiting rankings in the entire ACC sans Clemson.

Advertisement
yeah. TVD is a deer in headlights. Garcia has swag, I hope its him.

K Smith, James Williams, Kam, even flagg looked like they belonged, we are a class away from being 2 deep. We really need to fix the front 7 on defense.

oh and anyone is better than ivy
I think the front 7 played well especially the tackles. Young was chased from the pocket many times. He was just that good to escape and make plays.

We gave up 147 yards rushing on 38 carries for 3.9 pe carry. That's a win vs Bama.

I thought our starting DE's didn't get a consistent pass rush. Backup DE's played well enough for more playing time.

And that’s precisely the problem. We’re scheduling Bama when we’re struggling w/ the likes of GT, UVA, Duke & UNC. We can’t even take care of our own wack conference, despite us being the most talented team by recruiting rankings in the entire ACC sans Clemson.

Better be able to take care of these teams this year, or Manny will get canned. We have to win and stack up on some 5 star recruits. We got two last year, and in play for some this year. I don't want to see Shemar playing in an SEC school ...... I am hoping we figure something out. T-Rob, Likens, Justice, Simpson, and Shoop all good coaches IMO. It should be a different story the rest of the season if everyone does their part.

Advertisement
There were still more teams challenging for those top spots than now. A season like 1990 could never happen in this landscape. A season like 84 couldn't happen either.

Here’s all the teams that’s made the CFP since it’s inception:
Oregon
FSU
OSU (4x)
Bama (6x)
Oklahoma (3x)
Mich St
Washington
Clemson (4x)
UGA
ND (2x)
LSU

Here’s the teams that played for National Championships since 2010:
Bama
Texas
Oregon
Auburn
LSU
ND
FSU
Clemson
OSU
UGA

The problem is so many of u live in this bubble, and cloud ur mind that it’s only Bama & Clemson. No, while we been asleep at the wheel, there’s been several teams that’s made the CFP, played for a National Championship, played in a NY6 bowl since our last NY6 bowl victory back in 2003. Bama is who they r. They are this version of us during our height. Again, we can’t even beat FIU, La Tech, GT, UNC w/ consistency, my guy. Stop worrying about what the outside is doing.

Bama ain’t got chit to do w/ us not winning The Coastal, do they? Clemson was weak for a decade while we were in this ACC…what was the excuse then? The reason y things have remain stagnant is b/c this fan base is so quick to take up for bull chit that’s been forced, unnecessarily, upon us. We have used every f’ing excuse in the book to justify why we can’t win The Coastal. So now, it’s the landscape of CFB. Lol. OK.

Better be able to take care of these teams this year, or Manny will get canned. We have to win and stack up on some 5 star recruits. We got two last year, and in play for some this year. I don't want to see Shemar playing in an SEC school ...... I am hoping we figure something out. T-Rob, Likens, Justice, Simpson, and Shoop all good coaches IMO. It should be a different story the rest of the season if everyone does their part.

I can almost guarantee nothing will happen to Diaz.

Here’s all the teams that’s made the CFP since it’s inception:
Oregon
FSU
OSU (4x)
Bama (6x)
Oklahoma (3x)
Mich St
Washington
Clemson (4x)
UGA
ND (2x)
LSU

Here’s the teams that played for National Championships since 2010:
Bama
Texas
Oregon
Auburn
LSU
ND
FSU
Clemson
OSU
UGA

The problem is so many of u live in this bubble, and cloud ur mind that it’s only Bama & Clemson. No, while we been asleep at the wheel, there’s been several teams that’s made the CFP, played for a National Championship, played in a NY6 bowl since our last NY6 bowl victory back in 2003. Bama is who they r. They are this version of us during our height. Again, we can’t even beat FIU, La Tech, GT, UNC w/ consistency, my guy. Stop worrying about what the outside is doing.

Bama ain’t got chit to do w/ us not winning The Coastal, do they? Clemson was weak for a decade while we were in this ACC…what was the excuse then? The reason y things have remain stagnant is b/c this fan base is so quick to take up for bull chit that’s been forced, unnecessarily, upon us. We have used every f’ing excuse in the book to justify why we can’t win The Coastal. So now, it’s the landscape of CFB. Lol. OK.
Right. So why the outrage that we lost to Alabama…. we have not been good for a long time!!!!

The bubble is people saying 10 wins or burn down the school every year, when we’ve won 10 once in 15 years.

It’s ******* frustrating, but it’s true. Need to keep building talent. Can’t fold this season.

Advertisement
Yea gotta blame Richt for asking for it and Blake or whoever for getting it scheduled lol

I can almost guarantee nothing will happen to Diaz.
Ain’t nothing happening to Manny unless we go 6-6 or worse…and even then he probably just enters next season “on the hot seat” while Blake James gets a 40 year extension

Last edited:
Right. So why the outrage that we lost to Alabama…. we have not been good for a long time!!!!

The bubble is people saying 10 wins or burn down the school every year, when we’ve won 10 once in 15 years.

It’s ******* frustrating, but it’s true. Need to keep building talent. Can’t fold this season.
It’s not losing to Bama that has me ticked off…it’s the way we came out, soft as baby **** in the secondary and especially on offense. Lashlee called a terrible game and he’s got a fair number of people on this board (including myself now) doubting his ability to call an efficient and explosive game against a quality opponent.

he called 5 plays imo today: WR screen, zone read, Slant, king roll out on Short drag routes, and prayer deep ball hoping for something. No creativity whatsoever, hardly any motion, god it’s infuriating.

I’ll tell u why the outrage:

1. We are one of the oldest teams in America, facing one of the youngest offenses in America

2. The hype that surrounds this team annually continues to be massive disappointments when the bright lights come on

3. We looked completely unprepared, as a rookie QB picked apart our defense like a pit master pulling apart pork butt

4. As everyone blamed Baker for defensive breakdowns, as I’ve said from the outset, the problem is the architect of the scheme

5. Getting embarrassed on National TV, going on another 3 game losing streak, all in embarrassing fashion, where we were supposed to be upgraded across the field is frustrating.

6. Lashlee’s play calling!!

Advertisement
Back