I’m not reading any other threads.

It’s not losing to Bama that has me ticked off…it’s the way we came out, soft as baby **** in the secondary and especially on offense. Lashlee called a terrible game and he’s got many of us (including myself now) doubting his ability to call an efficient and explosive game against a quality opponent.

he called 4 plays imo today: WR screen, zone read, Slant, king roll out on Short drag routes, and prayer deep ball hoping for something. No creativity whatsoever, hardly any motion, god it’s infuriating.
I don’t disagree on the play calling. Lots of WTF, that’s not going to work, BUT I’m as aggravated by the execution. Hall not diving in the fumble, King’s INTs into coverage. Other forced plays. Tackling.

Advertisement
Here’s all the teams that’s made the CFP since it’s inception:
Oregon
FSU
OSU (4x)
Bama (6x)
Oklahoma (3x)
Mich St
Washington
Clemson (4x)
UGA
ND (2x)
LSU

Here’s the teams that played for National Championships since 2010:
Bama
Texas
Oregon
Auburn
LSU
ND
FSU
Clemson
OSU
UGA

The problem is so many of u live in this bubble, and cloud ur mind that it’s only Bama & Clemson. No, while we been asleep at the wheel, there’s been several teams that’s made the CFP, played for a National Championship, played in a NY6 bowl since our last NY6 bowl victory back in 2003. Bama is who they r. They are this version of us during our height. Again, we can’t even beat FIU, La Tech, GT, UNC w/ consistency, my guy. Stop worrying about what the outside is doing.

Bama ain’t got chit to do w/ us not winning The Coastal, do they? Clemson was weak for a decade while we were in this ACC…what was the excuse then? The reason y things have remain stagnant is b/c this fan base is so quick to take up for bull chit that’s been forced, unnecessarily, upon us. We have used every f’ing excuse in the book to justify why we can’t win The Coastal. So now, it’s the landscape of CFB. Lol. OK.
I watch all games and don't live in a Miami bubble. this has nothing to do with miami.from 2010 -2014 things were fine. Since 2015 it's been getting worse. The only conference that has parity is the pac 12. Ohio St is rarely challenged,Clemson rarely challenged, Oklahoma rarely challenged,Alabama rarely challenged. A down year for them still means conference championship. When teams like Texas, Michigan,Penn St.,Miami,Florida,fsu start competing for these conference championships it'll be better for college football.

I’ll tell u why the outrage:

1. We are one of the oldest teams in America, facing one of the youngest offenses in America

2. The hype that surrounds this team annually continues to be massive disappointments when the bright lights come on

3. We looked completely unprepared, as a rookie QB picked apart our defense like a pit master pulling apart pork butt

4. As everyone blamed Baker for defensive breakdowns, as I’ve said from the outset, the problem is the architect of the scheme

5. Getting embarrassed on National TV, going on another 3 game losing streak, all in embarrassing fashion, where we were supposed to be upgraded across the field is frustrating.

6. Lashlee’s play calling!!
But you knew it was coming against the best in the country, loaded with talent, being prepared by NFL head coaches as offensive coordinators. The real question was whether the young QB has it, and he does. The other QB in the game looked like he was trying to do too much.

The board is comical - the old team on defense is literally made up of players many wished would leave…. So that’s a talent deficit as well as being put in a position to win.

The hype is by the same hype masters generating clicks on the board. None of them said we would beat Alabama.

Advertisement
The funny thing is, I actually don’t think Bama played that well today (maybe I’m deluded). This is definitely one of the weaker teams they’ve had in recent years, there’s no question their defense is elite but their offense didn’t really jump out to me. You also have to take into account that a Manny Diaz coached defense almost always gets shredded by any team with a pulse. Just an absolutely shambolic performance today imo.

Thought one: Bill Obrien is an OC in college after all that NFL experience.

Thought two: That is not good for us.

it wasn’t.

But you knew it was coming against the best in the country, loaded with talent, being prepared by NFL head coaches as offensive coordinators. The real question was whether the young QB has it, and he does. The other QB in the game looked like he was trying to do too much.

The board is comical - the old team on defense is literally made up of players many wished would leave…. So that’s a talent deficit as well as being put in a position to win.

The hype is by the same hype masters generating clicks on the board. None of them said we would beat Alabama.

Naw bro; I didn’t think we would win, but I thought we could compete, at least keep it w/in two scores. This game could’ve gotten real, real ugly & thank goodness it didn’t. But I agree w/ u, the hype was overstated.

I wonder if OSU fans were anywhere as stupid as our fans after they lost by 28 points in the national championship game.

I saw opportunities for improvement and a whole lot of reasons for optimism.
The only stupid thing is thinking we should react the same as if our programs and last 20 years of performance are the same.

Advertisement
80% of this board has their head in the sand. And just bc somebody puts the team down doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to post. If they are right, they should be commended. For the most part this should be purely a fan site. But without facts it’s worthless.
Nobody gets banned for their opinion. They get banned for either being obvious trolls or for attacking others. Of course, when that happens they will not see that.

The only stupid thing is thinking we should react the same as if our programs and last 20 years of performance are the same.
But we didn't lose to a second tier school or lower. If we don't bear the teams we're supposed to beat in year 3, then we should start the next coach discussion.

Agreed with most of what you said. Everyone needs to understand college football is dead, it’s bama, Clemson, Ohio st. then everyone else.
Throw Georgia in that small mix. They just held Clemson to TWO (yes 2) yards rushing and 180 total yds of O.

Advertisement
So the best we can ever hope for is to beat enough coastal teams so we can lose by 40 to Clemson? I think this is a bit cheery. I understand wanting to be realistic but come on.
Clemson is very beatable this year. It is all about winning enough games to keep getting top talent to come to the U. Realistically we are not in that tier group with Bama.

Only name i remember seeing was Charlie Strong and I’m glad he said no if that’s the case because I’ll take Diaz over Strong.

Isn’t Bob Stoop or Shoop (whichever) supposed to be a genius defensive mind that many think will be promoted to DC next year? We only have him in an off field role so that Michigan can pay for him this year if i remember correctly?
Been waiting for someone to bring this up

Clemson is very beatable this year. It is all about winning enough games to keep getting top talent to come to the U. Realistically we are not in that tier group with Bama.
And not developing that talent? Players don’t get better here. Cincy barely lost to UGA last year. Have they been getting top talent?

Advertisement
Eva Green 1800S GIF by STARZ

GOODNIGHT, GO CANES!

Fantastic post. All of it. Especially the awkward relationship with King and Lashlee. No idea what the offensive plan was last night. Delayed handoffs on second down or third and long was never going to beat Alabama—and he rarely uses King as a runner, despite that being the kid's strength.

Lashlee was 1-3 against Alabama while at Auburn—his lone win coming with Cam Newton under center. His nuts shriveled up last night going up against Saban—while Bill O'Brien was up there playing a video game with the roster he has before him.

Saban targeted Ivey all day. It was obvious
Very. While it wasn’t soley his fault, but that bomb to the OSU transfer made it very clear. He was beaten badly. And he lucked out a couple times too, when Young overthrew his WRs. Something has to be done with Ivey.

Advertisement
Back