Hyper Reaction Needs to Stop

Good post but we didn’t focus on Shannon. Shannon was like option 19 after we got turned down. Richt was a good hire at the time but got sick. Diaz sucks.
Could’ve sworn I heard Shannon was the option b/c of his defense, his recruiting, alum, and ties to So Fla. I heard the coaching search wasn’t a search at all, including suggestions given to the admin that were shot down.

Advertisement
Could’ve sworn I heard Shannon was the option b/c of his defense, his recruiting, alum, and ties to So Fla. I heard the coaching search wasn’t a search at all, including suggestions given to the admin that were shot down.
Nah we got turned down and search firm went w Shannon after the rejections

Think the whole assumption with Mario coming here is Mario, that it takes the next step with budget for not only assistants but with recruiting. Also the ACC is just as terrible as the pac 12, acc is god awful, and there is talent here and in south Florida to be able to win it. I’m open to other coaches coming in here but there are a lot worse options that previous admins have brought in than Mario.
I’m not saying he’s a bad option, I just don’t think he would work the way everyone thinks he will.

Advertisement
I’m not saying he’s a bad option, I just don’t think he would work the way everyone thinks he will.
I also don’t tgimk we’d be winning 10 games year 1 in the way he wants to win. If he wants to hire a Pass heavy oc amd change his o till he gets an ol then maybe it works. we don’t have the line to run his way. I think hed leave us in a good way in terms of toughness roster construction etc but for 6-8 mill he won’t be getting patience that he needs to rebuild this

Oh of course, the defense is disgusting. More importantly, The team is just god awful in situational football. that is directly on the HC and coordinators. See Manny makes decisions based on normal analytic numbers but those analytics don't apply to his team because they very rarely execute them. Hedley is a wasted weapon pinning teams down because the defense NEVER holds the field position so why bother punting? Thats why he should have gone for the 4th and 1 against FSpoo. Same can be said for the offense, when we need first downs in crunch time, can't get them. The offense failed just as much as the defense in the 4th quarter of that FSpoo game. Red Zone offense and Defense has been terrible for 2 straight years. 3rd down offense and defense has been mediocre for 2 straight years. These coaches are unable to coach kids up for critical situations. They are a straigt failure but hey, we are playing the best players now and the results are the same.

Your perspective is always worth the read @Rellyrell. Although I agree with your assessment, from the outside looking in, I just don’t see any moves being made before 11/20. That’s the last game of the season @Dook. As I’ve mentioned in several other threads, I’ll be very surprised if something happens before then.

The U BOT is obviously an over populated bureaucracy that’s slow to react due to the ridiculous amount of people that have to get together to make a decision. It’s also well known that the majority of them have no regard for the football program or athletics in general. The few that have interest in the success of the football program will be fighting an uphill battle on Mount Everest.

Add to the fact there is a lame duck incompetent AD (hopefully totally removed from the decision making process) and a President that’s just recently become aware of the issues within the football program which leaves a huge leadership void.

Obviously, the first order of business is to get rid of Blake. He CAN NOT be involved in the decision making process of hiring a new HC. I believe the best we can hope for at this point in time is that there are a lot of moves being made behind the scenes.

Advertisement

I think if he shows competence in big games he would buy time to see what he has. Have enough talent to build off right now. This atrocious recruiting right now might set us back a couple years though.

Yeah a pragmatic search is needed. Miami hasn't had one in decades. A real AD is needed to actually interview candidates that want to be in Miami. The Hyper reaction by an inept Admin is the reason why all of us Hurricane fans have high blood pressure. I'm tired of us losing to scrubs and seeing their fans throw the upside down U. What did the U do right with Jimmy Johnson, Schnellenberger, Erickson, and Butch? They found coaches that could identify talent, implement modern offenses, and field defenses that gave opposing teams PTSD. It's time to get rid of this Miami connection crap. They need to find the guy that just ******* wins.

I think if he shows competence in big games he would buy time to see what he has. Have enough talent to build off right now. This atrocious recruiting right now might set us back a couple years though.
Wishful thinking w a fanbase whose first reaction is to fire everyone no matter the sport. There are still Miami fans that want to fire spo

Also recruiting cam he fixed w the portal now.

Advertisement
Wishful thinking w a fanbase whose first reaction is to fire everyone no matter the sport. There are still Miami fans that want to fire spo

There’s always going to be fans who want to fire coaches no matter what. He shows competence with physicality in big games, he can buy time.

Also recruiting cam he fixed w the portal now.

It can be patched not totally fixed. Recruiting is the life line, This class is the worst we’ve ever seen. With potential transfers out after the season it can make it worse.

It can be patched not totally fixed. Recruiting is the life line, This class is the worst we’ve ever seen. With potential transfers out after the season it can make it worse.
It is a life line but one bad class womt sink you. You can make up for that. now 3 or 4 straight yes

Advertisement
There’s always going to be fans who want to fire coaches no matter what. He shows competence with physicality in big games, he can buy time.
Lol you’re not from here are you. no matter who we hire when manny is gone, he won’t get any more time than the others esp at the money he’ll command

Oh yeah; I remember we did speak w/ Schiano. He was the 1st choice, and then Shannon’s name came up.
The biggest issue w Miami is that they won’t spend or haven’t before. You can target whoever you want but if you aren’t playing in their money pool it won’t matter

We need some football minds with great analysis skills to make the best choice for Miami. I don’t want to just hire a guy because he was successful this year somewhere else. Like the WF guy etc. Let BJ and MD play out the year and start a back channel process to put together a small group to pick the next AD. Let him work to pick the next coach. I don’t need to beat LSU et al to the next hire.

Advertisement
Back