Hyper Reaction Needs to Stop

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
Listen, Manny has to go, THAT’S A FACT. What we witnessed on Saturday is absolutely inexcusable, but not surprising. The fact that it’s not surprising is the reason he HAS to go.

I stated in my “Allow Me to Pontificate” thread about the problem of “hope”; it’s a helluva drug. Emotional fans allowed the smoke & mirrors 3 game winning streak to sway them into thinking that we turned a corner, while the rational ones were appreciative, but not convinced.

What the FSU game showed us is we’re still the same team:
-We’re still the same team who was the 1st P5 program to lose to FIU.
-Still the same team that allowed 4th & 17 to a rookie QB.
-Still the same team that lost to a 3-9 GT team.
-Still the same team that allowed NCAA, ACC, & Miami record setting #’s against UNC.
-Still the same team that lost to two G5 programs in a season, and the same team that started the season 2-4, needing two dropped passes & an unforced safety to escape App St, to not start the season 1-5.

So why the hyper reaction? This is who we are under Diaz. What we can’t have is a hyper reaction b/c a hyper reaction is why we have this Semenhole as our coach now.

No, I want Miami to do the non-Miami thing & strategically take our time to make the right move. But that HAS to start now; why? B/c LSU, USC, Washington, TCU all have vacancies w/ deep pockets & there’s rumblings UCLA may be opening, too. So we don’t have time to wait, but we can’t be hyper reactive, either.

What we need, 1st, is for The AD to be completely cleansed. Blake James HAS to go. His failings r much deeper than football, and the article that highlighted how someone outside of the program had to bring to his attention the terms of our endorsement contract shows he’s a clueless tool. Strawley & anyone under his admin has to be shown the door. Immediately. U don’t pacify an AD who pays a $4m buyout for this product.

We also have to NOT put all our eggs in the Mario basket. Would I be mad at the hire? Helllllllllllllll No. I would not be mad at the hire at all, however between the buyout, what he has cooking at Oregon, he may not be a viable option. So instead of “laser” focusing on one coach, per usual (see Shannon, Richt, and now Diaz) we need to do a complete evaluation. It would behoof us to do our due diligence, if not…..

Well, it’ll b another rinse & repeat situation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Getting Mario here will be a very tough sell. People thinking he’s gonna want to coach here need to come to reality. It is more likely he uses us for a raise than actually comes here to coach. That is reality. So I agree we need to **** can James asap and do a national search. Most important we need to completely open the wallet. Be very clear to the potential coach that we will give him whatever they need. We need to hire proven assistants regardless of cost. If we go cheap in any phase, we’ll never win. No cutting corners, it doesn’t work.

Advertisement
I want to play for national championships, again.
Plus, how do you all know Mario would come to Miami? Sometimes, it is not all about the money.

The entire athletic department needs a cleansing. Manny is a symptom, not the disease.

Here's what I'd do, if I were cheap ol' Miami. I'd fire Manny now and promote Lashlee to interim HC. This would give him some experience moving forward in his career, even if it isn't here. Then if he wins and we look good, promote him.

That's if I'm cheapass Miami, which I am not.

What we SHOULD do is fire Manny today, promote Lashlee to interim HC, and let the college football world know we are willing to break the bank for the next HC, if their resume warrants it.

Oh, and fire the **** out of Blake James before he has any input on the next head coach. That idiot isn't qualified to hire a dog catcher.

Listen, Manny has to go, THAT’S A FACT. What we witnessed on Saturday is absolutely inexcusable, but not surprising. The fact that it’s not surprising is the reason he HAS to go.

I stated in my “Allow Me to Pontificate” thread about the problem of “hope”; it’s a helluva drug. Emotional fans allowed the smoke & mirrors 3 game winning streak to sway them into thinking that we turned a corner, while the rational ones were appreciative, but not convinced.

What the FSU game showed us we’re still the same team:
-Still the same team that lost a 3-9 GT team.
-Still the same team that allowed NCAA, ACC, & Miami record setting #’s against UNC.
-Still the same team that lost to two G5 programs in a season, and the same team that started the season 2-4, needing two dropped passes & an unforced safety to escape App St, & not start the season 1-5.

So why the hyper reaction? This is who we are under Diaz. What we can’t have is a hyper reaction b/c a hyper reaction is why we have this Semenhole as our coach now.

No, I want Miami to do the non-Miami thing & strategically take our time to make the right move. But that HAS to start now; why? B/c LSU, USC, Washington, TCU all have vacancies w/ deep pockets & there’s rumblings UCLA may be opening, too. So we don’t have time to wait, but we can’t be hyper reactive, either.

What we need, 1st, is for The AD to be completely cleansed. Blake James HAS to go. His failings r much deeper than football, and the article that highlighted how someone outside of the program had to bring to his attention the terms of our endorsement contract shows he’s a clueless tool. Strawley & anyone under his admin has to be shown the door. Immediately. U don’t pacify an AD who pays a $4m buyout for this product.

We also have to NOT put all our eggs in the Mario basket. Would I be mad at the hire? Helllllllllllllll No. I would not be mad at the hire at all, however between the buyout, what he has cooking at Oregon, he may not be a viable option. So instead of “laser” focusing on one coach, per usual (see Shannon, Richt, and now Diaz) we need to do a complete evaluation. It would behoof us to do our due diligence, if not…..

Cant disagree with any of this.

Advertisement
Wouldn’t surprise me if UF is looking for a new head coach too. It’s going to be an interesting offseason. Especially with the rumors(?) that Mel tucker just re-did his contract and is staying at Michigan state.

I’m starting to get a lil worried that if we don’t get Mario, we’re going to be stuck with our ****** in our hand. Need a home run hire at AD who can sell this program to someone competent who isn’t named Mario.

-Still the same team that lost to two G5 programs in a season, and the same team that started the season 2-4, needing two dropped passes & an unforced safety to escape App St, & not start the season 1-5.

FIRE EVERYONE PAY MARIO nothing else matters

Advertisement
Well said @Rellyrell. "Appreciative, but not convinced."

Also agree that we CANNOT be hyper reactive with who we hire. We need to fire Manny like yesterday. That decision is long overdue.

We need to (for once) be diligent about our search. The sooner we start the better. Who knows what other programs will have openings from coaches getting fired (UF/Mullen?) and also poached by other programs (possibly Oregon, Cincinnati, Ole Miss, Kentucky, etc ). It's only going to get worse the longer we wait.

And as far as the AD, of course he has to go. The whole regime need to get bounced.

Do I have faith this will all happen as desired? ***** no. LOL. But you never know. Praying for a Christmas Miracle ⛄🎄 🎅😂

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement

Excellent post my friend! Facts!

Yes. What we need is to fire Blake and do a competent and thorough search. Not put all the eggs in one basket. If we’re dead set on one candidate and it wasn’t Mario, that would bother people. I think it should bother people either way. We profess to hate lazy searches, hate nepotism, but that seems to change altogether with Mario for some reason.

Everything that has transpired this year isn't a surprise to me at all. Miami won close games last year other than the one blowout of FSU. Every game was gonna be a dog fight and it has been this year. Miami has a mediocre coaching staff outside of 2-3 coaches. I would consider Justice, Simpson and Likens as quality teaching assistant coaches. Lashlee is decent coordinator but he is on a legendary **** steak of horrible first half performances in 7 out of 10 games against the power 5. its soley on him. Only TVD saved him in the other 3

Advertisement
Back