Hyper Reaction Needs to Stop

I’m not saying it can’t happen, I’m just wondering why people sound so f**king sure about it.
People being ******* sure about it is arrogance and buffoonery— getting the right coaching mix for a school is actually difficult - otherwise how the **** would USC, Miami, Tennessee, Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan, Texas, Florida, Florida State… keep coming up short or terrible.

Advertisement
People being ******* sure about it is arrogance and buffoonery— getting the right coaching mix for a school is actually difficult - otherwise how the **** would USC, Miami, Tennessee, Nebraska, Penn State, Michigan, Texas, Florida, Florida State… keep coming up short or terrible.
Yup. It sucks balls, but it's not super-surprising that we're having so much trouble with it. What's actually surprising is how good we were at it for 20 years.

Yup. It sucks balls, but it's not super-surprising that we're having so much trouble with it. What's actually surprising is how good we were at it for 20 years.
That’s why I’m more open to us being creative with concepts like Zo as a football administrator, etc. to find the right mix for Miami. It isn’t easy, we’ve failed at it and likely got a little lucky and unlucky in our selections/decisions over time.

I don’t know who will be a great coach at Miami. If it was really easy to get a championship winning coach so many schools would not repeatedly fail at it. I’m not for or against a specific coach, I’m more against the bias, inconsistency and polar bull**** on the board more than anything.

Agreed on stacking talent.
I think I have this thing where I think I smell fraud. Im not always right or proclaim to be Jesus but I for sure knew 1000000000 percent Diaz was trash. I have not liked all the hires since Randy on but thats just me. I do Like Herman and Freeze yet they can fail here, I do not feel comfortable with Lane for some reason I just can feel something sus about it.

I think I have this thing where I think I smell fraud. Im not always right or proclaim to be Jesus but I for sure knew 1000000000 percent Diaz was trash. I have not liked all the hires since Randy on but thats just me. I do Like Herman and Freeze yet they can fail here, I do not feel comfortable with Lane for some reason I just can feel something sus about it.
Mario?

Advertisement
Here’s what will happen.

If it’s Mario, there will be an I told you so crew waiting in the wings once a few losses pile up. (Even though respected posters like LCE, etc are saying it’s not an instant fix)

If it’s not Mario, explayers and others who wanted Mario will be waiting in the wings once a few losses pile up if they even wait that long.

The same people that look at the record and say we are 5-5 with several games that could have gone either way will point to which side they want and run with it — if it’s Mario and he doesn’t win, it’ll be manny left a dumpster fire, no players, complete mess — when for 2 years it was any competent coach could win the coastal with these players.

It’s our fan playbook.
It's funny because you could have made this exact same post 10 years ago and switched Butch for Mario.

The facts are that Miami isn't a quick fix and a lot of fans have ridiculously high expectations for a program that has averaged 7.5 wins a year for the last two decades. It's why I tend to focus on improvement rather than tangible things like "win 10 games" or "win the ACC". I mean those are great results but I need to see overall improvement that's not always as easily defined tangibly.

It really doesn't matter who the next coach is because there is always going to be a segment of the fan population that will immediately hope for failure because the guy they wanted didn't get the job. Then they can gloat after every loss and say "see if (my guy) had been hired, we would have won that game". It's an ongoing cycle that never changes.

There are only a few things I can do to show my displeasure.
1) Email James and Manny.....complete waste of time
2) Burn/trash jerseys and memorabilia.....foolish, childish, and expensive
3) not watch the games, go to the games....can do
4) no make any NEW purchases of any University of Miami gear/memorabilia...can do
5) Turn the U flag on my porch and the U tag on my truck upside down....will be doing that tonight

Manny needs to be gone immediately. The University needs to show the fanbase that they are serious and take us serious. If nothing changes in a short period of time, then a full boycott needs to happen.

It's funny because you could have made this exact same post 10 years ago and switched Butch for Mario.

The facts are that Miami isn't a quick fix and a lot of fans have ridiculously high expectations for a program that has averaged 7.5 wins a year for the last two decades. It's why I tend to focus on improvement rather than tangible things like "win 10 games" or "win the ACC". I mean those are great results but I need to see overall improvement that's not always as easily defined tangibly.

It really doesn't matter who the next coach is because there is always going to be a segment of the fan population that will immediately hope for failure because the guy they wanted didn't get the job. Then they can gloat after every loss and say "see if (my guy) had been hired, we would have won that game". It's an ongoing cycle that never changes.
And that and our approach to it here is why things like this happen:

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/🚨🚨🚨-band-bet-fsu-game-1-year.170929/page-4

Post #80 specifically

Advertisement
Thank u; I mean an article was posted that we reached out Schiano, who told us no, but I was told that basically Shannon was suggested & hired b/c of his “Miami ties” & his attention to detail on the defensive side. I mean based upon the firing of Coker, November 24, 2006, & hiring of Shannon, December 6, 2006, how could a thorough search be done?? Lol. That was 12 days!
Agree. To top it off we were paying a consultant for that "thorough" search. One rejection and pull the trigger on Shannon....they should have gottem a refund from the consultant lol.
I believe that what probably happened is the university didn't want or was to lazy to go through the process and just cut it short and pull the trigger on Shannon. It couldn't be the consultants recommendation. They probably told the administration Shannon was an option if you miss but were in the process of setting up more interviews when the administration pulled the plug.. Its all history anyways.

Listen, Manny has to go, THAT’S A FACT. What we witnessed on Saturday is absolutely inexcusable, but not surprising. The fact that it’s not surprising is the reason he HAS to go.

I stated in my “Allow Me to Pontificate” thread about the problem of “hope”; it’s a helluva drug. Emotional fans allowed the smoke & mirrors 3 game winning streak to sway them into thinking that we turned a corner, while the rational ones were appreciative, but not convinced.

What the FSU game showed us is we’re still the same team:
-We’re still the same team who was the 1st P5 program to lose to FIU.
-Still the same team that allowed 4th & 17 to a rookie QB.
-Still the same team that lost to a 3-9 GT team.
-Still the same team that allowed NCAA, ACC, & Miami record setting #’s against UNC.
-Still the same team that lost to two G5 programs in a season, and the same team that started the season 2-4, needing two dropped passes & an unforced safety to escape App St, to not start the season 1-5.

So why the hyper reaction? This is who we are under Diaz. What we can’t have is a hyper reaction b/c a hyper reaction is why we have this Semenhole as our coach now.

No, I want Miami to do the non-Miami thing & strategically take our time to make the right move. But that HAS to start now; why? B/c LSU, USC, Washington, TCU all have vacancies w/ deep pockets & there’s rumblings UCLA may be opening, too. So we don’t have time to wait, but we can’t be hyper reactive, either.

What we need, 1st, is for The AD to be completely cleansed. Blake James HAS to go. His failings r much deeper than football, and the article that highlighted how someone outside of the program had to bring to his attention the terms of our endorsement contract shows he’s a clueless tool. Strawley & anyone under his admin has to be shown the door. Immediately. U don’t pacify an AD who pays a $4m buyout for this product.

We also have to NOT put all our eggs in the Mario basket. Would I be mad at the hire? Helllllllllllllll No. I would not be mad at the hire at all, however between the buyout, what he has cooking at Oregon, he may not be a viable option. So instead of “laser” focusing on one coach, per usual (see Shannon, Richt, and now Diaz) we need to do a complete evaluation. It would behoof us to do our due diligence, if not…..

Well, it’ll b another rinse & repeat situation.
Amen.

To the Lane/Pirate/Mario people, here’s my question. Why do we always think a guy who wasn’t awesome somewhere will come here and obviously be awesome? Like fine, those guys have done better at other schools than most of our coaches for 20 years. What’s the thinking behind the beliefs that Miami with less of everything than the schools these guys would come from will somehow get this guy over the hump?

Projection. Those are the same guys who look down at their 4 inch ***** and see 10 inches.

Advertisement
Listen, Manny has to go, THAT’S A FACT. What we witnessed on Saturday is absolutely inexcusable, but not surprising. The fact that it’s not surprising is the reason he HAS to go.

I stated in my “Allow Me to Pontificate” thread about the problem of “hope”; it’s a helluva drug. Emotional fans allowed the smoke & mirrors 3 game winning streak to sway them into thinking that we turned a corner, while the rational ones were appreciative, but not convinced.

What the FSU game showed us is we’re still the same team:
-We’re still the same team who was the 1st P5 program to lose to FIU.
-Still the same team that allowed 4th & 17 to a rookie QB.
-Still the same team that lost to a 3-9 GT team.
-Still the same team that allowed NCAA, ACC, & Miami record setting #’s against UNC.
-Still the same team that lost to two G5 programs in a season, and the same team that started the season 2-4, needing two dropped passes & an unforced safety to escape App St, to not start the season 1-5.

So why the hyper reaction? This is who we are under Diaz. What we can’t have is a hyper reaction b/c a hyper reaction is why we have this Semenhole as our coach now.

No, I want Miami to do the non-Miami thing & strategically take our time to make the right move. But that HAS to start now; why? B/c LSU, USC, Washington, TCU all have vacancies w/ deep pockets & there’s rumblings UCLA may be opening, too. So we don’t have time to wait, but we can’t be hyper reactive, either.

What we need, 1st, is for The AD to be completely cleansed. Blake James HAS to go. His failings r much deeper than football, and the article that highlighted how someone outside of the program had to bring to his attention the terms of our endorsement contract shows he’s a clueless tool. Strawley & anyone under his admin has to be shown the door. Immediately. U don’t pacify an AD who pays a $4m buyout for this product.

We also have to NOT put all our eggs in the Mario basket. Would I be mad at the hire? Helllllllllllllll No. I would not be mad at the hire at all, however between the buyout, what he has cooking at Oregon, he may not be a viable option. So instead of “laser” focusing on one coach, per usual (see Shannon, Richt, and now Diaz) we need to do a complete evaluation. It would behoof us to do our due diligence, if not…..

Well, it’ll b another rinse & repeat situation.
You are a home town guy and as a rule I like what you say, even with this. I would say though, that many associated with the admin and BOT have committed a great sacrilege in letting our football tradition go to crap. While it may require some time to find a coach, they need to move like lighting and with conviction(money) in other areas.

You are a home town guy and as a rule I like what you say, even with this. I would say though, that many associated with the admin and BOT have committed a great sacrilege in letting our football tradition go to crap. While it may require some time to find a coach, they need to move like lighting and with conviction(money) in other areas.
Agreed; especially w/ other jobs now opening. What I was saying in essence that a plan needs to be put in place vs. just being reactionary. Even w/ the firing of Blake, which I’m happy for, I would hope that some t’s were crossed, i’s dotted to have an AD big board vs. just being reactionary b/c of feelings. Even with the coaching search; u’re laser focused on Mario b/c he’s a Miami guy…..but what if he says no? Then what? Are they contingencies put in place?

That’s what I meant. But it needs to be done expeditiously & I HOPE it was done already.

Advertisement
Back