Hyper Reaction Needs to Stop

Advertisement
To the Lane/Pirate/Mario people, here’s my question. Why do we always think a guy who wasn’t awesome somewhere will come here and obviously be awesome? Like fine, those guys have done better at other schools than most of our coaches for 20 years. What’s the thinking behind the beliefs that Miami with less of everything than the schools these guys would come from will somehow get this guy over the hump?

Think this fan base needs to understand that they need to support the school...not the coach. There is a standard that was set over 40 years ago and if you aren't up to that standard...coach...players...you can GTFO as soon as you got here if you ain't it.

With that said...Manny is already gone. He's been gone. He's just babysitting for the rest of the year. The reactions after the past few games has been buffoonery at its finest.

Manny could have won out the year after the UNC loss and went 8-4 and he'd still be fired before the bowl game. The entire staff has essentially stopped recruiting...what do you think was going on?

I just do not want the 3 to 4 year setback that goes with waiting until new coach gets “ his guys”. I fear we may truly just be out of the running. Thought this after Golden, feeling that way again. So frustrating. My first year at Miami we were preseason #1…I loved the 90’s, good times.

Think this fan base needs to understand that they need to support the school...not the coach. There is a standard that was set over 40 years ago and if you aren't up to that standard...coach...players...you can GTFO as soon as you got here if you ain't it.

With that said...Manny is already gone. He's been gone. He's just babysitting for the rest of the year. The reactions after the past few games has been buffoonery at its finest.

Manny could have won out the year after the UNC loss and went 8-4 and he'd still be fired before the bowl game. The entire staff has essentially stopped recruiting...what do you think was going on?
I said this the other day on another thread. So many posters are obsessed with coaches.

Advertisement
Listen, Manny has to go, THAT’S A FACT. What we witnessed on Saturday is absolutely inexcusable, but not surprising. The fact that it’s not surprising is the reason he HAS to go.

I stated in my “Allow Me to Pontificate” thread about the problem of “hope”; it’s a helluva drug. Emotional fans allowed the smoke & mirrors 3 game winning streak to sway them into thinking that we turned a corner, while the rational ones were appreciative, but not convinced.

What the FSU game showed us we’re still the same team:
-We’re still the same team who was the 1st P5 program to lose to FIU.
-Still the same team that allowed 4th & 17 to a rookie QB.
-Still the same team that lost a 3-9 GT team.
-Still the same team that allowed NCAA, ACC, & Miami record setting #’s against UNC.
-Still the same team that lost to two G5 programs in a season, and the same team that started the season 2-4, needing two dropped passes & an unforced safety to escape App St, & not start the season 1-5.

So why the hyper reaction? This is who we are under Diaz. What we can’t have is a hyper reaction b/c a hyper reaction is why we have this Semenhole as our coach now.

No, I want Miami to do the non-Miami thing & strategically take our time to make the right move. But that HAS to start now; why? B/c LSU, USC, Washington, TCU all have vacancies w/ deep pockets & there’s rumblings UCLA may be opening, too. So we don’t have time to wait, but we can’t be hyper reactive, either.

What we need, 1st, is for The AD to be completely cleansed. Blake James HAS to go. His failings r much deeper than football, and the article that highlighted how someone outside of the program had to bring to his attention the terms of our endorsement contract shows he’s a clueless tool. Strawley & anyone under his admin has to be shown the door. Immediately. U don’t pacify an AD who pays a $4m buyout for this product.

We also have to NOT put all our eggs in the Mario basket. Would I be mad at the hire? Helllllllllllllll No. I would not be mad at the hire at all, however between the buyout, what he has cooking at Oregon, he may not be a viable option. So instead of “laser” focusing on one coach, per usual (see Shannon, Richt, and now Diaz) we need to do a complete evaluation. It would behoof us to do our due diligence, if not…..

Well, it’ll b another rinse & repeat situation.
As always 100% on point

To the Lane/Pirate/Mario people, here’s my question. Why do we always think a guy who wasn’t awesome somewhere will come here and obviously be awesome? Like fine, those guys have done better at other schools than most of our coaches for 20 years. What’s the thinking behind the beliefs that Miami with less of everything than the schools these guys would come from will somehow get this guy over the hump?

Legit question, and I’m not caping for anyone of those guys you mentioned particularly, but just a general question.

What should we do then? Go after candidates who were “awesome” elsewhere? Like who? Lincoln Riley? What happens when the inevitable occurs? By inevitable, I mean them not even picking up the phone? Who is awesome enough for you?

No one we hire is going to come in here and win us the championship in 2 years. The hope is, we can establish some credibility and relevancy and stack up some consistent double digit win seasons which would in turn allow us to stack talent after performing. We have to start somewhere, and Lane is about to win double digit games in year 2 at Ole Miss, as is Mario at Oregon. We can’t get the coaches doing “awesome” elsewhere, so who’s next? Coaches who are winning double digit games and competing at high levels aren’t good enough for us? Lol. Please, learn me something.

Fans keep pointing to USC, LSU, and now UW and asking why they have made moves but we haven't. One massive difference is that none of those programs are also replacing their AD. Those current ADs can start working the phones and getting interested coaches lined up for interviews. I doubt James is going to make any more hiring decisions. My guess is the school wants to get the new AD lined up before execution day.

Advertisement
Legit question, and I’m not caping for anyone of those guys you mentioned particularly, but just a general question.

What should we do then? Go after candidates who were “awesome” elsewhere? Like who? Lincoln Riley? What happens when the inevitable occurs? By inevitable, I mean them not even picking up the phone? Who is awesome enough for you?

No one we hire is going to come in here and win us the championship in 2 years. The hope is, we can establish some credibility and relevancy and stack up some consistent double digit win seasons which would in turn allow us to stack talent after performing. We have to start somewhere, and Lane is about to win double digit games in year 2 at Ole Miss, as is Mario at Oregon. We can’t get the coaches doing “awesome” elsewhere, so who’s next? Coaches who are winning double digit games and competing at high levels aren’t good enough for us? Lol. Please, learn me something.
Tell me more about this Lincoln Riley plan…

Once again our fans are stuck on Mario. 58-56 record as coach because he is a Miami guy? To **** with the Miami guy. Our best coaches weren't Miami guys. Bring me a coach that is very realistic and that's Hugh Freeze, Tom Herman, Or Stoops before you bring me Mario. Is offense is boring as **** and doesn't fit our roster.

Once again our fans are stuck on Mario. 58-56 record as coach because he is a Miami guy? To **** with the Miami guy. Our best coaches weren't Miami guys. Bring me a coach that is very realistic and that's Hugh Freeze, Tom Herman, Or Stoops before you bring me Mario. Is offense is boring as **** and doesn't fit our roster.

....Stoops’ offense isn’t boring and fits our roster? How do you know those guys are “very realistic”?

Listen, Manny has to go, THAT’S A FACT. What we witnessed on Saturday is absolutely inexcusable, but not surprising. The fact that it’s not surprising is the reason he HAS to go.

I stated in my “Allow Me to Pontificate” thread about the problem of “hope”; it’s a helluva drug. Emotional fans allowed the smoke & mirrors 3 game winning streak to sway them into thinking that we turned a corner, while the rational ones were appreciative, but not convinced.

What the FSU game showed us we’re still the same team:
-We’re still the same team who was the 1st P5 program to lose to FIU.
-Still the same team that allowed 4th & 17 to a rookie QB.
-Still the same team that lost a 3-9 GT team.
-Still the same team that allowed NCAA, ACC, & Miami record setting #’s against UNC.
-Still the same team that lost to two G5 programs in a season, and the same team that started the season 2-4, needing two dropped passes & an unforced safety to escape App St, & not start the season 1-5.

So why the hyper reaction? This is who we are under Diaz. What we can’t have is a hyper reaction b/c a hyper reaction is why we have this Semenhole as our coach now.

No, I want Miami to do the non-Miami thing & strategically take our time to make the right move. But that HAS to start now; why? B/c LSU, USC, Washington, TCU all have vacancies w/ deep pockets & there’s rumblings UCLA may be opening, too. So we don’t have time to wait, but we can’t be hyper reactive, either.

What we need, 1st, is for The AD to be completely cleansed. Blake James HAS to go. His failings r much deeper than football, and the article that highlighted how someone outside of the program had to bring to his attention the terms of our endorsement contract shows he’s a clueless tool. Strawley & anyone under his admin has to be shown the door. Immediately. U don’t pacify an AD who pays a $4m buyout for this product.

We also have to NOT put all our eggs in the Mario basket. Would I be mad at the hire? Helllllllllllllll No. I would not be mad at the hire at all, however between the buyout, what he has cooking at Oregon, he may not be a viable option. So instead of “laser” focusing on one coach, per usual (see Shannon, Richt, and now Diaz) we need to do a complete evaluation. It would behoof us to do our due diligence, if not…..

Well, it’ll b another rinse & repeat situation.
Always the voice of reason

Advertisement

The Awesome cant miss coaches all have jobs that they arent going to leave for Miami. I havent been a Lane or Mario fan but they are legit coaches who could build something here. They could also fail too. But they are good solid options.

The reason I know he would consider is actually BECAUSE ITS NOT ALL ABOUT MONEY
I keep reading where fans are saying "open the purse" I assume that means pay him anything he wants. Maybe he would like to stay at Oregon and no amount of money could persuade him to take Miami coaching job.

Advertisement
We need to do a wide arching search. Interview everyone that shows interest that meet the experience and qualifications criteria, within reason and time constraints of course. We should not lock ourselves into a savior type figure.

Fire Blake and Manny. Fire everyone in the athletic department. Hire competent people. Build an organization to win.

Upgrade facilities and build a **** stadium. Pour money in to recruiting, nutrition, S&C, and everything needed to win.

In other words, quit acting like a god**** G5 program and act like you give a ****

We are going to end up with Jeff Lebby or some sh*t lol.

But spot on per usual. I've calmed down on him not being fired yet, somewhat. Mainly because it doesn't really matter from our candidate's perspective anyway. I can wait 2 weeks, aint like I have a choice lol.

Not me, I want him gone right now. That was FSU. A 3-6 FSU. An FSU who struggles to throw the ball. It was 4th and 14 to win the game, in the red zone at that, which is less ground to cover. I am so ****ed, I want to slap fire out of Diaz. It is not healthy. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Advertisement
Back