Hurricane Irma

Advertisement
Near the crosshairs.

Life and limb is all that matters.

All you can do is do what you're supposed to do in terms of preparation and then leave the rest to fate.

My attitude is: fūck it. Bring it, Irma, I've got insurance.

I'm more worried about the Darwinians that don't prepare. If it hits us hard, I imagine I'll be spending most of my time helping them.

SIAP - Just realized that HRS is only capable of withstanding Cat4 storms, anyone know if that was upgraded this past offseason? Fvck man, this sucks.

Last edited:
Stay safe my brothers. This one looks real bad.

I usually ignore the media hype with these storms, but all the models have it affecting Miami one way or another.

Advertisement
Advertisement
To all in South Florida. Be safe and diligent. I'm hoping for a change of direction for you. Best of luck.

Go Canes!

Like a true floridian imma ride this storm out unless they do decide to evacuate us!

Advertisement
Near the crosshairs.

Life and limb is all that matters.

All you can do is do what you're supposed to do in terms of preparation and then leave the rest to fate.

My attitude is: fūck it. Bring it, Irma, I've got insurance.

I'm more worried about the Darwinians that don't prepare. If it hits us hard, I imagine I'll be spending most of my time helping them.

My family took the airboat out of a spin for that very reason, not for us, for y'all. We're ready and hoping for the best.

This is one of the better message boards devoted to weather, and with numerous guys who know the tendencies/significance of the various models. Now the models are again hinting at a more westerly path which could take Irma into the Gulf and spare South Florida the brunt:

ATL: IRMA - Models - Page 335 - STORM2K

5am advisory continues the more southerly and westerly path, now has it going up the west coast of Florida.

Key West is going to get wrecked. Fvck, it's alrdy basically under water and a cat five thru there? Those people have to evacuate if the newest projections hold true

Also, too early but there is another hurricane likely forming right behind Irma.

My brother is/was down there.Hes trying to get up the keys and says it's a parking lot..

Advertisement
Not liking this at all. First hurricane season in the past decade that I'm not in South Florida. Already praying for everyone to be good.

Remember everyone, Being overprepared is a lot better than being underprepared!

If you have the means or the way you need to get out of S.Fla and head toward mobile or west of there....If this thing comes straight up the state it will still be pulling energy from the gulf or Atlantic.This things gonna be NAS-ty.

Everyone in its path please be safe and my thoughts are with you.

If you have the means or the way you need to get out of S.Fla and head toward mobile or west of there....If this thing comes straight up the state it will still be pulling energy from the gulf or Atlantic.This things gonna be NAS-ty.

Everyone in its path please be safe and my thoughts are with you.

This hurricane, if it strikes Florida, could affect literally any or many parts of the state. Once it turns north, the models don't agree.

Remembering that any part of the state of 20 million could be grievously affected, suggesting evacuation is impractical, logistically impossible, and plain crazy. Only those mandatory evacuation areas should leave, like the keys, etc. It's hard enough getting thousands out of the keys, the beaches, etc

More people would die in a mass population evacuation than from a hurricane. It's literally impossible to evacuate any city like Miami and others.

If you're not in an evacuation area, the best thing to do is prepare thoroughly, including finding the best safe interior space in your house, possibly a bathroom.

Advertisement
Back