Hurricane Irma

Odysseus

Freshman
Off topic but guys please be safe out there I been watching the track of this storm it's it's not looking good. Huge in size and cat 3 and strengthening. I'm not from Florida but instead new York state so I'm not an expert with these things but Times like this reminds you that football is just a game but you all take precaution make sure everyone you know does my prayers are with you guys canes fam.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
It's not looking good... Then again, a lot can happen between now and the weekend.

145752_earliest_reasonable_toa_34.jpg

AL11_2017090406_GEFS.jpg

11L_tracks_latest.jpg

That IPF is never gonna get done.

But yea, be safe. Weather and wildlife is the only thing keeping me from moving to south florida.

And didn't a hurricane threaten during last season also for a game.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

But yea, be safe. Weather and wildlife is the only thing keeping me from moving to south florida.

Wildlife? It's not that bad down here bro. Unless you live out west near the everglades, you never see any wildlife (except for the rare racoon or oppossum and some iguanas).

Wildlife? It's not that bad down here bro. Unless you live out west near the everglades, you never see any wildlife (except for the rare racoon or oppossum and some iguanas).

Dont worry bro-- aint no Gators left in Miami.

its going to go sharp north eventually...just hope it happens before Florida (does not look like thats happening now) or after Florida into the gulf.

As long as the eye does not hit land im ok with that...that center is obviously what you really have to worry about (IMO, im concerned about my tile roof, trees etc... window protection alrdy in place and flooding is a guarantee either way being in SoFla).

Advertisement
Advertisement
The new update from NHC has it hitting the north side of Cuba this Saturday (obviously, these things aren't gospel).

145912_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.jpg

The new update from NHC has it hitting the north side of Cuba this Saturday (obviously, these things aren't gospel).

View attachment 49727

Literally every update has moved the storm south and west. Lets hope (selfishly for us) that keeps happening.

While you're right about those tracks, these things always - ALWAYS - turn north. The fact that it's now going to be under Florida before it turns is bad news for Florida. We needed that thing to head toward New Hampshire.

Advertisement

And the IPF has what to do with Irma and being safe? Is it going to have special hurricane powers? Just curious...

Go Canes!

Not saying we'll never get hit again or even not to plan appropriately but the last shred of integrity these fear merchants/agents of Home Depot and Publix had was burned last year during the complete joke that was "Hurricane" Matthew. And the sad thing is that a lot of people here have become so skeptical of the wall-to-wall fear mongering and totally inaccurate meteorological "science" that widespread preparations will never take place again until we are actually hit hard again.

All that said, follow or listen to John Morales at NBC 6 if you want a guy with an actual science background (and not some girl that went into meteorology as an add-on to her broadcasting/communications major at State U) and isn't afraid to tell it like it is- even if that means saying we're not going to get hit with anything.

View attachment 49727

Literally every update has moved the storm south and west. Lets hope (selfishly for us) that keeps happening.

While you're right about those tracks, these things always - ALWAYS - turn north. The fact that it's now going to be under Florida before it turns is bad news for Florida. We needed that thing to head toward New Hampshire.

Do you moonlight as a meteorologist when you're not fighting on the baseball board?

Advertisement
Back