Huertelou looks to be in......how do we close?

don't understand why the admissions for these football scholarships have to be so **** hard. they're not coming to be nobel peace prize candidates. whether it deals with this kid or not scholarship athletes are here to make the school $$$

Actually, you don't have to be smart to win the Nobel Peace Prize--you can be a terrorist (Arafat), you can be a community organizer with no real accomplishment (guess who?), etc. Now, to win the Nobel in chemistry, or physics, that's something else.

Advertisement
I look at it like this:

Which is more valuable, economically and socially, to our society: football or Greek philosophy? Why should a kid who is good at one skill (that society has deemed MASSIVELY valuable) be forced to demonstrate skills that he doesn't possess? Does the philosophy student need to be in any way athletically gifted?

Vince Wilfork has contributed more to our culture and economy than 90% of your typical sociology major.

Advertisement
Vince Wilfork has contributed more to our culture and economy than 90% of your typical sociology major.

I think you might be stretching a bit there.

Please explain. Vince Wilfork for about 10 years was the best at what he does in the WORLD, and was compensated 7 figures for that skill.

You do realize how many sociologists there are out there, right?

I think he missed his press conference

Per mshodell, he planned to sign this afternoon. Two classes under review 2 approve. Hopes to sign thurs.

Advertisement

Please explain. Vince Wilfork for about 10 years was the best at what he does in the WORLD, and was compensated 7 figures for that skill.

Just love when recruiting threads spin off into absurd discussions.

Just love when recruiting threads spin off into absurd discussions.

Hey, at least it hasn't spun off into a Cook thread...oh, wait.

Advertisement
Per mshodell, he planned to sign this afternoon. Two classes under review 2 approve. Hopes to sign thurs.

Awwww here we go

770.gif

Why does it seem that we are not sorting out the grades situation before targeting kids? I'm tired of seeing the lack of a class(s) as a reason we keep missing on JUCOs.

Why does it seem that we are not sorting out the grades situation before targeting kids? I'm tired of seeing the lack of a class(s) as a reason we keep missing on JUCOs.

Maybe the reason kids are in JUCO in the first place is that they do dumb **** like take forever to get their transcripts sent. Maybe.

It's kind of like a puppy ****ing on the carpet. You gonna get mad at the dog or yourself for expecting better?

Advertisement
don't understand why the admissions for these football scholarships have to be so **** hard. they're not coming to be nobel peace prize candidates. whether it deals with this kid or not scholarship athletes are here to make the school $$$

The thing is, the admissions aren't so **** hard.

For beast DTs the admissions are virtually insurmountable.

Advertisement
Back