Huertelou looks to be in......how do we close?

The staff has done a good job, but seems to me that McCray is the weak link at LB.

Kid is a project! The staff only wanted to lock this guy down early, because of his measurables, in the event he blossomed. Every LB over 6'3 and 215lbs doesn't automatically equate to stud material; just cause he's from down south.

We tried to do the right thing here, but I'd prefer a JUCO receruit instead of McCray. I like Smith, opposed to McCray, because this kid at least has fire and desire (like Rick James B%#%$... LULZ)

741.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Will be interesting to see what it looks like o NSD. We may get a surprise out of nowhere, or we may get a commitment who flips--crootin.

Like AQM last year....

Like Tracy, AQM at the all star game and Stacy with the Swag hat

Everyone knew Stacy was coming here in the last few weeks of his recruitment.. Every interview Donnell Bennett did he made sure UM was on him everyday lol.. Without Bennett Coley is heading to FSU were his mom wanted him...

Will be interesting to see what it looks like o NSD. We may get a surprise out of nowhere, or we may get a commitment who flips--crootin.

Like AQM last year....

Everyone knew Stacy was coming here in the last few weeks of his recruitment.. Every interview Donnell Bennett did he made sure UM was on him everyday lol.. Without Bennett Coley is heading to FSU were his mom wanted him...

We always had Bennett on Miami's side, but I don't recall feeling all that confident in the week's leading up to signing day. Howard and AQM were locks on the day they announced. Coley was kind of a mystery.

Like AQM last year....

We always had Bennett on Miami's side, but I don't recall feeling all that confident in the week's leading up to signing day. Howard and AQM were locks on the day they announced. Coley was kind of a mystery.

Bennett wasn't taking FSU calls for weeks and only spoke with Miami.. Most people knew Coley was heading to Miami..

Like AQM last year....

Bennett wasn't taking FSU calls for weeks and only spoke with Miami.. Most people knew Coley was heading to Miami..

Bennett wasn't in control of Coleys recruitment but Stacy gave him leway. At the end of the day it was Coleys choice and he chose UM I love Bennett for his effort but it was Coleys choice and most people were still picking FSU after McDonald left

Advertisement
Time to move on from Cook.

We are going to have to roll with Duke Johnosn, Gus Edwards, Dallas Crawford, Joe Yearby and Brandon Powell.

Nobody will feel bad for us or Mr. Golden with that stable of backs.
Small stable.

Some may be let down by how we close; however, the cream of our class committed early unlike FSU who is going to close with their best players. If Chad Thomas, McDermott and Yearby announced on singing day, the Miami fan reaction would be light years different than it will be.

Isn't this FSU's modus operandi? FSU always seems to have some big shot recruits in the bag whose commitments it holds until Signing Day to make a big splash. It seems like a yearly thing in Tallahassee.

Don't think they get Cook/Lane. They stick with the Gates.

Advertisement
Lets not assume Heurtelou is in until he signs. I never trust these situations until I hear it firm from the kid and they sign. So far all Ive heard is people saying it, but supposedly the kid isnt giving any interviews until tommorow so I will hold off on assuming it.

NJouku I think may be a take if Griffin fails to qual, and we are definitely out for Rudolph. My guess is the staff knows where Cook is going, and thus where Lane is probably going too, which means it may be a question of 1 spot left for a WR/TE, that means if Griffin quals, they may not care about anyone, if he doesnt, then its between Rudolph and NJouku. IMO, I agree we should move on NJouku now. Were likely to lose someone else in this class, either by grades or otherwise. WE know Gray is almost certainly an academic casualty. Turner is already gone. Mayes is a bit of a question mark right now, and with the lack of another real RB option, if Cook is out, then you take NJouku and hope Griffin quals, with the slim chance that Rudolph comes, but they probably wont make a final call there until they know the final score on him. My guess is IF Huertelou is in, then we are probably down to 2 spots. JC Jackson and either NJouku or Rudolph, with a question mark as to whether Griffin's spot would count against what we have open, or if its still open from last year. Either way if he quals we take him if we have to make room however we have to.

Last edited:
Lets not assume Heurtelou is in until he signs. I never trust these situations until I hear it firm from the kid and they sign. So far all Ive heard is people saying it, but supposedly the kid isnt giving any interviews until tommorow so I will hold off on assuming it.

NJouku I think may be a take if Griffin fails to qual, and we are definitely out for Rudolph. My guess is the staff knows where Cook is going, and thus where Lane is probably going too, which means it may be a question of 1 spot left for a WR/TE, that means if Griffin quals, they may not care about anyone, if he doesnt, then its between Rudolph and NJouku. IMO, I agree we should move on NJouku now. Were likely to lose someone else in this class, either by grades or otherwise. WE know Gray is almost certainly an academic casualty. Turner is already gone. Mayes is a bit of a question mark right now, and with the lack of another real RB option, if Cook is out, then you take NJouku and hope Griffin quals, with the slim chance that Rudolph comes, but they probably wont make a final call there until they know the final score on him. My guess is IF Huertelou is in, then we are probably down to 2 spots. JC Jackson and either NJouku or Rudolph, with a question mark as to whether Griffin's spot would count against what we have open, or if its still open from last year. Either way if he quals we take him if we have to make room however we have to.

We are supposed to hear tomorrow at noon from his home in Spring Valley, NY with his family present.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This class is great as it sits. We hold the dline commits and it exactly what we have needed. JC would be great addition. Prince added to the oline coming in would make this just about best oline class I have ever seen. Practice between the lines can be what brings us back. Let the big dogs hunt every day and then freed them on gameday. I not hung up on another WR or RB. Of course you never have enough if we can land another top one. But I would still prefer another big man at DT to add to our mix, or even two. You can never, never have enough DTs.

i have no idea why people are so confident on heurtelou. if he signs with us i will be happy but the way he backed away from the news was a little disconcerting.

Advertisement
Back