How we stack up

StevoBevo

Freshman
Looking back at the last two seasons Bama’s defense has been stellar but also had games that they got shredded
2020: allowed 48 to Ole miss, allowed 46 to UF
2019: allowed 35 to Ole Miss, Allowed 46 to LSU (eventual champs), allowed 48 to Auburn.
Now looking at these games/teams and how Bama either lost or was fighting for their life and how our current team stacks up to those offense (and defenses) I would say that our defense this year should certainly be better than UFs in 2020, or Ole miss the last 2 years (and beyond) and Auburns in 19’
UF, LSU and Ole miss all shredded bama with Elite passing attacks. Bama has almost always struggled to contain mobile QBs ( Matt corral, Burrow to an extent, Watson, Nick Starkel ) while having more success against pocket passers. King is definitely the former in that category. In my opinion Bamas offense is weaker this year than in the past 2-3 seasons breaking in a FR QB, New RB, New TE, 3-4 new OL, 2-3 new WR and a new coordinator not known for being as lethal as Sark. If our offense can mirror anything like the teams above we’re able to accomplish against Bama I think our defense is better than at least half of the teams listed above to keep bama in better check than they were able to. Especially with bama having to Break in so much personell wise.

Advertisement
Looking back at the last two seasons Bama’s defense has been stellar but also had games that they got shredded
2019: allowed 35 to Ole Miss, Allowed 46 to LSU (eventual champs), allowed 48 to Auburn.
Now looking at these games/teams and how Bama either lost or was fighting for their life and how our current team stacks up to those offense (and defenses) I would say that our defense this year should certainly be better than UFs in 2020, or Ole miss the last 2 years (and beyond) and Auburns in 19’
UF, LSU and Ole miss all shredded bama with Elite passing attacks. Bama has almost always struggled to contain mobile QBs ( Matt corral, Burrow to an extent, Watson, Nick Starkel ) while having more success against pocket passers. King is definitely the former in that category. In my opinion Bamas offense is weaker this year than in the past 2-3 seasons breaking in a FR QB, New RB, New TE, 3-4 new OL, 2-3 new WR and a new coordinator not known for being as lethal as Sark. If our offense can mirror anything like the teams above we’re able to accomplish against Bama I think our defense is better than at least half of the teams listed above to keep bama in better check than they were able to. Especially with bama having to Break in so much personell wise.
1) Can our offense score on Bama? Look no further than the Offensive Line. The O will rise or fall according to the guys upfront.

2) Can we stop Bama? Look no further than our Defensive Line and Line Backers. Will our Defensive Ends and Will and Mike LBs be up for the challenge or will Alabama simply out leverage us?

3) Special Teams

4) Turnovers

Forget about all the other BS. These 4 areas will decide the game.

Advertisement
Bama has performed on big stage against the best teams for dam near a decade straight. They win the majority of the games or lose late in some fashion, can only think of the clemson game where they were dominated in last how many games, maybe that burrow led lsu team also? Miami in same time span seems to lay egg majority of time when it comes to marquee matchups when we play teams like lsu/clemson types.. Like we cant even be competent on the field of play and just embarrass ourselves. At this point with bama replacing soo much production, lets just hope we can represent ourselves as a competitive football team.

Like cribby mentioned, oline will tell us if we are in it forreal or it will be huddle at qb ala clemson game where we were outclassed and seemed to have no answer from first snap

Advertisement
King needs time to throw. He gets the time that will open up a few lanes for some runs. Honestly at this moment only threat offense possess is King. Saban will do all he can to make him uncomfortable in the pocket and see if mobility is really back. I would be surprised if on D they do not come out like Clemson D last season. Going to have to make Bama respect the passing game and the fact the oline can hold up against a pass rush and blitz. Right now i think there thinking their going to come in the game on D and just out power the O in all facets of the game. Hit some deep shots and pop a few big runs and this game can turn into a shootout.

On D I think our secondary will give Bryce all he can handle. He will have to make some accurate throws and bama receivers are going to have to make some congested catches. Manny wants to create havoc upfront and to do that you need a good secondary that can play tight man to man. T-Rob specialty is coaching just that. I think there will be alot of stunting up front and since Bama o-line basically towers of half our d-line. D-line will have to stay disciplined and control their gaps and not play every snap like a passing down our we looking at UNC part.2. Linebackers idk just do not see anyone that really makes me believe they will make an impact. Heard good things about Keontra but that still sight unseen in a live game.

Advertisement
This might be the best Bama front 7 in a min..but I still believe that secondary especially their safeties can be had in coverage. I’m interested to see how their corners have been looking. All highly rated of course..but let’s line that **** up

Advertisement
Watch our ol the first couple possessions , that’ll tell you if you need to call it a early night or not.

Also, can we stop the run?

If they can just jam it down our throats early and often -- it's over..

But I'll say it over and over, we need early first downs. Cant have what took place at Clemson, again. It was one of the few times I was really critical of Rhett Lashlee last season.

Also, can we stop the run?

If they can just jam it down our throats early and often -- it's over..

But I'll say it over and over, we need early first downs. Cant have what took place at Clemson, again. It was one of the few times I was really critical of Rhett Lashlee last season.
I actually feel more confident in the front and especially the interior. I believe we’ll be alot better versus the run this year, but the pass rush will likely come from the inside guys or blitzing.

I actually feel more confident in the front and especially the interior. I believe we’ll be alot better versus the run this year, but the pass rush will likely come from the inside guys or blitzing.

I want to see what this hybrid nickel defense(which has a bunch of safeties and strikers) which is part of this new 'positionless football) looks like

I saw Venables dial up that A gap blitz where we had no answer and I was like.............f***
When King was handing the ball off there were two Clemson defenders in the backfield. RPO was cooked cause they couldn't out athlete that DL. If King is giving the ball to Chaney and bama penetrates u can kiss the game goodnight. U can proceed to shut the game off slam your remote and finish your Henny.

Advertisement
Back