How we stack up

When King was handing the ball off there were two Clemson defenders in the backfield. RPO was cooked cause they couldn't out athlete that DL. If King is giving the ball to Chaney and bama penetrates u can kiss the game goodnight. U can proceed to shut the game off slam your remote and finish your Henny.
We were outnumber 6-5 on **** near every play. Our ol was already young and overmatched then getting outnumbered. So I wouldnt say we needed to “ out athlete “ them, just make them pay for blitzing so much. Lashlee had a horrible day that day.

Advertisement
We were outnumber 6-5 on **** near every play. Our ol was already young and overmatched then getting outnumbered. So I wouldnt say we needed to “ out athlete “ them, just make them pay for blitzing so much. Lashlee had a horrible day that day.

Lack of real vertical threats, or guys that could get separation really hampered Miami that night

Lets see what Rambo and Keyshawn can do to remedy that

Im convinced that Lashlee has to be willing to throw on early downs and take shots deep

Lack of real vertical threats, or guys that could get separation really hampered Miami that night

Lets see what Rambo and Keyshawn can do to remedy that

Im convinced that Lashlee has to be willing to throw on early downs and take shots deep
You have to run rub routes . crossers , man beaters of some kind. That’s why I wanted more 12 personel that game. You don’t necessarily have to beat them over the top. Mallory amd BJ were two guys that could get mismatches. Maybe BJ got hurt that game , I can’t remember.

We will have to have success through the air to have a chance at winning. The only way I can see us winning is in a shootout. Even though they are breaking in a new qb, they will have success on the ground. We are just too small in the front seven to stop them from running. Offense will have to put up at least 42 points.

Advertisement
When King was handing the ball off there were two Clemson defenders in the backfield. RPO was cooked cause they couldn't out athlete that DL. If King is giving the ball to Chaney and bama penetrates u can kiss the game goodnight. U can proceed to shut the game off slam your remote and finish your Henny.
If you drinking hendawg you admitted defeat off the dribble, bro

We will have to have success through the air to have a chance at winning. The only way I can see us winning is in a shootout. Even though they are breaking in a new qb, they will have success on the ground. We are just too small in the front seven to stop them from running. Offense will have to put up at least 42 points.
300,300, 260, 260 isn't a small 4-3 DL. I'm not saying they won't run on us but i feel more confident in our dl versus their ol than their dl versus our ol. I need to see the ol prove they're better with my own two eyes before I buy in.

300,300, 260, 260 isn't a small 4-3 DL. I'm not saying they won't run on us but i feel more confident in our dl versus their ol than their dl versus our ol. I need to see the ol prove they're better with my own two eyes before I buy in.
We’re not light in the *** in the OL. With Vaughn and Rivers in the middle, will that make a difference?

Advertisement
We gave up like 200 yards a game on the ground last year. And that was with Jalen Phillips. So Bama is going to pound the rock every chance they get. All their backs are 4* and 5* guys (and they have a committee), and their OL returns 2-3 starters IIRC (plus the guys coming in are 5* behemoths). Plus they got a rookie QB and running the ball well will take enormous pressure off of him.

Therefore the #1 key to the game is to somehow stop or at least slow down the run, and force their rookie, albeit talented, QB to throw the ball. If we can do that we got a chance, assuming we can score and we don't give up the ball left and right or let them run back any touchdowns (or give them a bunch of free yards because of penalties).

If Bama is running all over is it's game over cuz the D will never be able to get off the field and by the 3rd and 4th quarter they will be so gassed that Bama will run up the score, and not even Deriq King will save us short of some miracle.

I’m a Courvoisier man myself, but a little Coke & Henny never hurt anyone 😜

Advertisement
I’m not getting my hopes up, but I really do think we have the ability to keep up with these fvckers. I’m not expecting it, but I think this team is capable of doing so. Biggest concerns are obviously our LBs (along with our overall ability to stop the run) and how our O line will match up against that front 7 throughout the game.

Do well against the run, put all the pressure on Bryce Young, and let the chips fall where they may. If our O line is as durable as we think they are, I like our chances. Expecting the worst, hoping for the best.

Guessing bama will blow up our interior OL and make our guys beat them outside. Have not seen proof lashlee can outsmart that. We won’t beat them by having more skill and we won’t beat them running the ball

Advertisement
I think one advantage we have should be our style of offense. The SEC isn’t known for tempo like Lashlee is, the only person I know in that conference that’s runs any sort of up tempo offense Is Ole Miss and I’d like to bet our QB/RB/TE/WR personell is better than there’s…so IF our Oline can finally be competent (which I have faith in with Donaldson being finally healthy, Scaife going back to Tackle where he shined and rivers finally manning a G spot) and if Zion progresses as the experts expect him too then that speaks as bad competent O-Line. The addition of Rambo/Smith in the line up adds TWO deep threats we lacked last year and with arroyo coming on strong we can go with two TEs on the field and force bamas safeties cover arroyo/Mallory or force Bama to put their LBs on them which will reduce the pressure they send. Not to mention Bamas weakness on O line (according to camp reports/Saban and due to injuries) is the interior and out strength with Ford, Silvera, JHH, Miller and Taylor should really give them all they can handle and then some. Which IF we can make them go one dimensional and make their WRs match up with our secondary I like that matchup for us….

Alabama wins and covers with gusto. We're in the crockpot.

Miami's OL (albeit improved), DL, and LB aren't built for this level of football. Our skill guys are nice n all, but they are small in comparison to what they are lining up against.

I think one advantage we have should be our style of offense. The SEC isn’t known for tempo like Lashlee is, the only person I know in that conference that’s runs any sort of up tempo offense Is Ole Miss and I’d like to bet our QB/RB/TE/WR personell is better than there’s…so IF our Oline can finally be competent (which I have faith in with Donaldson being finally healthy, Scaife going back to Tackle where he shined and rivers finally manning a G spot) and if Zion progresses as the experts expect him too then that speaks as bad competent O-Line. The addition of Rambo/Smith in the line up adds TWO deep threats we lacked last year and with arroyo coming on strong we can go with two TEs on the field and force bamas safeties cover arroyo/Mallory or force Bama to put their LBs on them which will reduce the pressure they send. Not to mention Bamas weakness on O line (according to camp reports/Saban and due to injuries) is the interior and out strength with Ford, Silvera, JHH, Miller and Taylor should really give them all they can handle and then some. Which IF we can make them go one dimensional and make their WRs match up with our secondary I like that matchup for us….
You cant get tempo if they are in backfield at snap and blow that **** up like clemson.. Lashlee got to prove that **** works and not get deer in headlight look again.. 3 and out back 2 back 2 back is what happens

I did a deep dive on both treats, taking into consideration recent success, overall rosters, coaching staff, etc. Below is long breakdown of how things should shake out vs Bama:

We’re ****ed
so you're saying it is virtually impossible for the CANES to improve and or pull off an offset. If the players felt the way you felt they will never win another game.

Advertisement
Back