How we stack up

I think one advantage we have should be our style of offense. The SEC isn’t known for tempo like Lashlee is, the only person I know in that conference that’s runs any sort of up tempo offense Is Ole Miss and I’d like to bet our QB/RB/TE/WR personell is better than there’s…so IF our Oline can finally be competent (which I have faith in with Donaldson being finally healthy, Scaife going back to Tackle where he shined and rivers finally manning a G spot) and if Zion progresses as the experts expect him too then that speaks as bad competent O-Line. The addition of Rambo/Smith in the line up adds TWO deep threats we lacked last year and with arroyo coming on strong we can go with two TEs on the field and force bamas safeties cover arroyo/Mallory or force Bama to put their LBs on them which will reduce the pressure they send. Not to mention Bamas weakness on O line (according to camp reports/Saban and due to injuries) is the interior and out strength with Ford, Silvera, JHH, Miller and Taylor should really give them all they can handle and then some. Which IF we can make them go one dimensional and make their WRs match up with our secondary I like that matchup for us….
Hate to break it to you but Alabama main rival has been similar offense to ours for atkeast past 8 yrs. Saban knows this type offense very well

Advertisement
Watch our ol the first couple possessions , that’ll tell you if you need to call it a early night or not.
Just avoid that three and out on the first drive running it on 3rd and 6 and having to watch a Bama player doing the feed me gesture while the rest of the defense smacks his helmet knowing it’s going to be a long night.

When King was handing the ball off there were two Clemson defenders in the backfield. RPO was cooked cause they couldn't out athlete that DL. If King is giving the ball to Chaney and bama penetrates u can kiss the game goodnight. U can proceed to shut the game off slam your remote and finish your Henny.
They game planned that beautifully sending a linebacker off the edge blowing up the read option. Probably stole our signs and knew exactly when it was coming, seemed that way to me.

1) Can our offense score on Bama? Look no further than the Offensive Line. The O will rise or fall according to the guys upfront.

2) Can we stop Bama? Look no further than our Defensive Line and Line Backers. Will our Defensive Ends and Will and Mike LBs be up for the challenge or will Alabama simply out leverage us?

3) Special Teams

4) Turnovers

Forget about all the other BS. These 4 areas will decide the game.
I can't agree or put forth any argument better than this. It is so boring to repeat the ole trenches argument, but it's absolutely the case against the toothless. If we can play even a tidbit above average on the OL especially in the middle, our chances obviously go up. If our DE and linebackers can contain our ticks go up further. My anxiety thinking of McCloud at DE and LB of last year is almost too much to bare. I have faith in our secondary and all other positions.
Xanax will be key to my personal victory that night

Advertisement
I want to see what this hybrid nickel defense(which has a bunch of safeties and strikers) which is part of this new 'positionless football) looks like
You saw it some last year when they would have carter at LB in some dime packages

You saw it some last year when they would have carter at LB in some dime packages
yes, absolutely. But I have a feeling that Manny will get real exotic with it , and some of this will be out of necessity to create pressure without a Phillip's or GR

Should you come into the game expecting Miami to win? Probably not. That said, acting like Bama is the 72 Dolphins, 85 Bears, 2001 Canes and 2019 LSU teams combined is a bit stupid. To quote Bart Scott "ANY TEAM CAN BE BEAT".

That said, if Miami can keep this thing close for three quarters and make it to the 4th within striking distance, there's a shot. In order for that to happen, Miami has to avoid making stupid mistakes. That means few if any concentration penalties(Offside, False Starts, procedure), and avoid mental errors. You do that and force Bama into a couple of turnovers, you stand a fighting chance.

If there's a year they can be had, it's this one. We absolutely have to start fast and can't afford to fall behind early. This is another game that will either end up 45-41 or 45-20, IMO.
Just tell Manny when you got the champ against the ropes keep em there don't let up and don't get too cute.. every champ has his day Alabaga day is next Saturday in da A🙌🏾🙌🏾🙏🏿💯🔥🔥

Advertisement
Alabama may very well beat the Canes on 9/4. But for everyone who absolutely conceding to a lost before the first snap is just mindboggling. What a bunch of spineless losers. Freaking embarrassing.
The sad part isn't really the ones predicting a loss, it's the ones predicting we'll be destroyed. You know that's what they'll be rooting for so they can say they told us so.

Let’s mske this simpler and cut to the chase.

Can you see Manny Diaz defeating a Nick Saban coached team? In fact, can you see Manny Diaz even keeping it close to a nick saban coaches team? A nick Saban that had 7 months to prepare.

Say it out loud and see if it makes any sense in your head. I hate being a negative Nancy but some sense needs to be brought to this thread

They game planned that beautifully sending a linebacker off the edge blowing up the read option. Probably stole our signs and knew exactly when it was coming, seemed that way to me.
They took that away.....the OL played awful that day but what can they do Clemson DL was basically all high rated recruits that everyone wanted. Well slot of them at least

Advertisement
Let’s mske this simpler and cut to the chase.

Can you see Manny Diaz defeating a Nick Saban coached team? In fact, can you see Manny Diaz even keeping it close to a nick saban coaches team? A nick Saban that had 7 months to prepare.

Say it out loud and see if it makes any sense in your head. I hate being a negative Nancy but some sense needs to be brought to this thread
Appreciate you bringing sense to this thread. Where would we be without you

Looking back at the last two seasons Bama’s defense has been stellar but also had games that they got shredded
2020: allowed 48 to Ole miss, allowed 46 to UF
2019: allowed 35 to Ole Miss, Allowed 46 to LSU (eventual champs), allowed 48 to Auburn.
Now looking at these games/teams and how Bama either lost or was fighting for their life and how our current team stacks up to those offense (and defenses) I would say that our defense this year should certainly be better than UFs in 2020, or Ole miss the last 2 years (and beyond) and Auburns in 19’
UF, LSU and Ole miss all shredded bama with Elite passing attacks. Bama has almost always struggled to contain mobile QBs ( Matt corral, Burrow to an extent, Watson, Nick Starkel ) while having more success against pocket passers. King is definitely the former in that category. In my opinion Bamas offense is weaker this year than in the past 2-3 seasons breaking in a FR QB, New RB, New TE, 3-4 new OL, 2-3 new WR and a new coordinator not known for being as lethal as Sark. If our offense can mirror anything like the teams above we’re able to accomplish against Bama I think our defense is better than at least half of the teams listed above to keep bama in better check than they were able to. Especially with bama having to Break in so much personell wise.

the big difference is this bama defense is the best they have brought back in years and also are offense is not as good as any of those teams named

It’s sounds great in theory. We’ve heard the team speed is much greater for this year’s team. Let’s hope it shows and the moment doesn’t look too big for the team vs Baga.

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO OUR COACHES.

PERIOD.

If Manny has the team prepared mentally and the coordinators plan and call a good game, we will be more than fine. If the coaches are perpetrating, it will get ugly.

You compete with teams like Bama with the heart and the mind. If Bama brings their A game, they will win because they have better bodies. But we control what we control. If Bama falters,anything can happen. What we can’t do is throw momentum away with bad decisions. Discipline is the name of the game and it comes from preparation.

Advertisement
We can’t plan to open the pass with the run. If Lashlee tries that we are dead. We have to do the opposite. Rpo and play action from jump and attack the middle of the field with multiple routes.

We will have to go deep eventually, but establish rhythm first. Don’t get baited into heaving incompletions.

Our salvation lies where it always has: In the middle of the field. Don’t let anyone tell you it’s not open. It’s ALWAYS open. You just have to design the plays properly, coach your quarterback up, and rep rep rep.

I’m concerned about their dL who was destroying their offense, but they lack experience so we might be better than them on oline RIGHT NOW. Navaugn is the most important player on the team. If he fails, D’erik won’t succeed.

Advertisement
Back