How we stack up

Just avoid that three and out on the first drive running it on 3rd and 6 and having to watch a Bama player doing the feed me gesture while the rest of the defense smacks his helmet knowing it’s going to be a long night.
I come out firing...alignment should be Harley, Rambo, Smith and Mallory. Single back with either Harris or Chaney... rotate the second waive with Knighton (put him out wide and motion all day), Arroyo, Restrepo, Redding and Pope.

I remember 1987 up in Tally. Canes couldn't run for *****....Walsh just kept firing and firing. Off most of the day but came alive in the second half. Noles D was legit too. Big boyz up front against a smallish Canes OL but quick and did enough against fierce pass rush.

Advertisement
300,300, 260, 260 isn't a small 4-3 DL. I'm not saying they won't run on us but i feel more confident in our dl versus their ol than their dl versus our ol. I need to see the ol prove they're better with my own two eyes before I buy in.

Are those 260 weights for 53/13/33/12? If so, I think 260 Is being very generous.

Are those 260 weights for 53/13/33/12? If so, I think 260 Is being very generous.
Mccloud and Dj. More like 250’s for the other two , which isn’t small. That’s average size. Chantz is pushing the 260’s, I’d say he’s in the 255 range.

Mccloud and Dj. More like 250’s for the other two , which isn’t small. That’s average size. Chantz is pushing the 260’s, I’d say he’s in the 255 range.

ok, not to split hairs but those guys (most of them) MAY reach 250 but those dudes will play in the 240s in the season. Our DEs are all built in a similar mode - undersized speed rush guys. Anyway, our DTs need to ball out in order for this defense to succeed.

There is only one thing that determines whether we make this a game. Our interior OL against their defense. That would mean we can get 3 yards ever so often. That would also mean King can step up and not having to scramble everywhere to get a throwing lane. If we match up there, we can match up everywhere else. They are better overall but lets not act like we don't have areas where we can hurt them. Our TEs against their middle defense for example. Yeboah from Ole Miss shredded them for 7 catches for 181. And that guy was a 2 star 5th year transfer who got almost as much yards last season(524) as he did his entire career at Temple. He also went undrafted to the Jets.....But of course Bama is filled with 5 stars so if u don't have that u cant compete right? Bull, its coaching, Kiffin diced up that defense with 2 players, said Yeboah and South Florida's own Elijah Moore who we passed on had 11 catches for 143. 4 other players had 1 catch for 18 yards or less. 2 players and Bama could not stop them. We can't be doing no spread it around. Find the mismatch and pound at it until they stop it. But for us to do that we need to block. We are not shutting down their offense. I would love to be proven wrong. Diaz might come with some crazy blitzes and force turnovers.

Btw I would love to see the TO chain v Bama.

Advertisement
If there's a year they can be had, it's this one. We absolutely have to start fast and can't afford to fall behind early. This is another game that will either end up 45-41 or 45-20, IMO.
Well, that’s what Manny teams are known for.

Looking back at the last two seasons Bama’s defense has been stellar but also had games that they got shredded
The 2019 defense was as bad a unit, production-wise as any of the coach Saban era back to 2007. Injuries never stopped. We lost key D-linemen starters and even before the first game, we lost both starting ILB. We started 2 true freshmen as replacements, it was a mess. It cost us the LSU and the auburn game.

2020 the defense was young but healthy. The offense was simply too good to allow a couple of lapses on D to cost us anything. After the first half of the Georgia game, Bama's defense started to come alive and shut the dawgs out in the second half and really improved dramatically going forward. While the defense gave up some yards, Bama was stout in not giving up points per game. Ended up being the best defense in the SEC but still not vintage Tide.

Advertisement
I have no illusions about what Miami is up against.

But it honestly seems like a lot of you gimps are actually enjoying talking about getting “****ed” and manhandled.

You revel in it.

You enjoy it.

You have to keep reminding people over and over and over again.

What kind of masochistic fakkitry ašś neurotic sick shlt is this?

Bama has performed on big stage against the best teams for dam near a decade straight. They win the majority of the games or lose late in some fashion, can only think of the clemson game where they were dominated in last how many games, maybe that burrow led lsu team also? Miami in same time span seems to lay egg majority of time when it comes to marquee matchups when we play teams like lsu/clemson types.. Like we cant even be competent on the field of play and just embarrass ourselves. At this point with bama replacing soo much production, lets just hope we can represent ourselves as a competitive football team.
w
Like cribby mentioned, oline will tell us if we are in it forreal or it will be huddle at qb ala clemson game where we were outclassed and seemed to have no answer from first snap
Our QB & team have more experience going into next weekend; that said, the combination of talent + coaching can overcome experience.

Line play and turnovers will determine the outcome of the game, and I like Miami's chances to win if we can score early.

Let’s mske this simpler and cut to the chase.

Can you see Manny Diaz defeating a Nick Saban coached team? In fact, can you see Manny Diaz even keeping it close to a nick saban coaches team? A nick Saban that had 7 months to prepare.

Say it out loud and see if it makes any sense in your head. I hate being a negative Nancy but some sense needs to be brought to this thread

I think that's a bit of a stretch. Saban didn't have all seven months to get ready for UM. Five of those months, he was full-time working on his assholishness, with no time for thinking about UM. See? Now we're down to two months.

I hope you soften your postulation - because when we give Bama an old-fashioned-country-***-whipping - I don't want you to suffer any embarrassment for a few words unnecessarily said in haste.

You're a good man - but remember. Audacity. Audacity. And more Cow Bell.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Looking back at the last two seasons Bama’s defense has been stellar but also had games that they got shredded
2020: allowed 48 to Ole miss, allowed 46 to UF
2019: allowed 35 to Ole Miss, Allowed 46 to LSU (eventual champs), allowed 48 to Auburn.
Now looking at these games/teams and how Bama either lost or was fighting for their life and how our current team stacks up to those offense (and defenses) I would say that our defense this year should certainly be better than UFs in 2020, or Ole miss the last 2 years (and beyond) and Auburns in 19’
UF, LSU and Ole miss all shredded bama with Elite passing attacks. Bama has almost always struggled to contain mobile QBs ( Matt corral, Burrow to an extent, Watson, Nick Starkel ) while having more success against pocket passers. King is definitely the former in that category. In my opinion Bamas offense is weaker this year than in the past 2-3 seasons breaking in a FR QB, New RB, New TE, 3-4 new OL, 2-3 new WR and a new coordinator not known for being as lethal as Sark. If our offense can mirror anything like the teams above we’re able to accomplish against Bama I think our defense is better than at least half of the teams listed above to keep bama in better check than they were able to. Especially with bama having to Break in so much personell wise.

in the words of mike tyson: "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"

I have no illusions about what Miami is up against.

But it honestly seems like a lot of you gimps are actually enjoying talking about getting “****ed” and manhandled.

You revel in it.

You enjoy it.

You have to keep reminding people over and over and over again.

What kind of masochistic fakkitry ašś neurotic sick shlt is this?

i think its hoping that and embarassment bama gives us a chance at hiring a competent coach but thatll never happen not sure what it will take to get diaz replaced

Alabama wins and covers with gusto. We're in the crockpot.

Miami's OL (albeit improved), DL, and LB aren't built for this level of football. Our skill guys are nice n all, but they are small in comparison to what they are lining up against.

Hopefully, yall had some BEANS in that crockpot and gonna serve'em up with some pulled pork tonight and at least eat like a champion.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back