How the Gators feel about playing Miami on opening day

Florida turnpike northbound several days before the game
7104E1D4-9C3B-4AE7-B9B2-14B88A99816D.png

Advertisement
Their fans like to tell themselves that Miami isn't a rival. Mostly because they've only beaten Miami once in over 30 years. If anybody should say it's not a rivalry, it's Miami. Is it a really a rivalry when the other team rarely, if ever, wins?

It's spelled "gaytor."

He talks about their SEC schedule. Kentucky...Mizzou...Georgia...almost SC. Only one real football program on that list.

Why do you guys do this? Miami has a fairly poor schedule and Florida has LSU, Auburn and FSU on their 2019 schedule. Don't do this comparison because Miami loses.

Advertisement
Their fans like to tell themselves that Miami isn't a rival. Mostly because they've only beaten Miami once in over 30 years. If anybody should say it's not a rivalry, it's Miami. Is it a really a rivalry when the other team rarely, if ever, wins?
How can it be a rivalry when they duck us?

Advertisement
This will be a very very tough game for Miami. I love my canes but they do have a lot of advantages. Just being a realist.
We are currently +7.5 point underdogs. While not insurmountable, that's not exactly good.

Yes, before anyone says huge underdogs sometimes win, that's true. And no, it's not the closing line which is the line that matters. But I'd much rather be favored by 7.5.

We are currently +7.5 point underdogs. While not insurmountable, that's not exactly good.

Yes, before anyone says huge underdogs sometimes win, that's true. And no, it's not the closing line which is the line that matters. But I'd much rather be favored by 7.5.
Well said. However, Canes at +7.5 is probably the juiciest line in week 1.

Advertisement
You guys let your hatred for Florida cloud you "football" judgement.

Florida has a tougher road to win their division AND to have any shot at making the playoffs. Admitting that doesn't make you any less of a Florida hater.

Advertisement
I don't care if their schedule is the top 12. That just means they'll go 0-12. I'm okay with that.

That wasn't the point. People point out their UT Martin's and Towson's without acknowledging the LSU's, Auburn's and Georgia's on that schedule.

I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't drop by kickoff. It opened +8.5 so it's trending in the right direction.
Agree. I think it'll close another full point or two lower by kickoff, assuming somethiing dramatic doesn't happen in Spring. I was kind of surprised it only went from 8.5 to 7.5 after Martell's waiver was approved.

Advertisement
Back