How Much Will We Miss Jacory Next Year?

Jacory is having an excellent year, but with the progress he has made I am somewhat confident Fisch can do well with Williams, Dewey, or Morris

That's how I see it too.

If Fisch can turn Jacory from a basket case into a good QB in less than a year, I'm willing to have faith that Fisch can coach up at least one of Morris, Williams or Dewey by next season.

Advertisement
Jacory is having an excellent year, but with the progress he has made I am somewhat confident Fisch can do well with Williams, Dewey, or Morris

I feel the same way. Fisch has showed the ability to coach up Jacory and make him a good quarterback. Jacory was a broken quarterback after last season, Fisch fixed him. I'm sure Fisch will do great things with our next guy in as well.

I agree with you guys.

Fisch gets bagged for his playcalling sometimes but honestly what he has done with Jacory has been nothing short of miraculous.

I don't want to take away from what Jacory has done himself, obviously, but Fisch has proved himself to me anyways just the way he has brought back J12.

Alot. More than people care to admit atleast.

I couldn't agree more. I would say, IMHO, he's been one of the two best players on the team along with Spence, (no, I am not forgetting about Lamar:) this year, and QB is obviously the most important position in the game. There have been games where we've **** the bed and he's come out and almost single handily led us back. Fantastic stats.

Kudos to D$ and Lu for starting this up. Hopefully it can somehow keep from degenerating like a lot of the other boards.

We'll have 2 very experienced replacements who will both have a year of practice with Fisch's offense. We'll be fine.

Now the real question is who the **** is playing nose tackle and corner next year?

Advertisement
Who would've thought that Jacory Harris would have an 18 TD to 4 INT ratio going into FSU?

Really?

I can't believe so many people (including posters like Lu with 1000x more football acumen than me) are down on Morris. That throw to Benjamin today was top notch.

Kid can move as well...etc.

This is where I stand as well. I have a slight hope/curiosity for Williams, though. I've heard some solid things.

Really?

I can't believe so many people (including posters like Lu with 1000x more football acumen than me) are down on Morris. That throw to Benjamin today was top notch.

Kid can move as well...etc.

When I saw Morris throw that DEEP Ball i was like ..... WOW.....I had not seen a throw like that from one of our QB's in a long time....That was a hellava throw...

Advertisement
Morris can definitely make the throws. Hopefully a year of seasoning helps him in the leadership/organization standpoint.

Morris' arm will open the playbook for us.

Another year under Fisch should help get his mental game up to par with his physical tools.

I personally think that Morris can be a very good QB from what I have seen. He's got all the right tools, it's just about the coaches reeling him in. If he can develop his touch I think he can be very good.

When I saw Morris throw that DEEP Ball i was like ..... WOW.....I had not seen a throw like that from one of our QB's in a long time....That was a hellava throw...

That looked like one of those sidewinder missiles going off and bang on target!

Advertisement
I personally think that Morris can be a very good QB from what I have seen. He's got all the right tools, it's just about the coaches reeling him in. If he can develop his touch I think he can be very good.

The good thing about Morris is that he's also showed certain intangibles. Namely, he's tough as **** and isn't scared of the moment like a lot of young quarterbacks are.

Clearly Golden and company quickly fixed the QB depth issues here. Personally I think it will be Williams or one of the newcomers as our future. Spoke to a former Memphis coach about Williams...spoke highly of him. Commented on the accuracy and said that within a 20 yard box he was very good. Needed to improve on arm strength/deep balls etc.

I feel better about Williams - Morris QB situation going into next year than I did with Harris - Morris sitaution going into this year. I don't think that is the concern next year IMHO.

DT, S, CB, LB, TE, RB if Miller leaves (in that order) are what concern me the most. I will miss Spence, TB.

Advertisement
How many of these 2011 posters are still around? They come and they go. Short attention span fans.

Advertisement
Back