How Much Will We Miss Jacory Next Year?

I think Williams gets the job next year fairly easily. Supposedly he was doing really well this offseason. But to answer the question, we'll miss him a lot. He's playing great football right now.

Attachments

• cane_hunt.jpg
    cane_hunt.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7,131
Advertisement
Jacory is playing great, but based on what I saw in August (haven't seen any in-season practices) quarterback is probably the most underrated position on the team.

Morris draws mixed reactions on here, but he has a lot of physical talent, has shown gamer characteristics (especially toughness) and was neck-in-neck with Jacory for much of the Spring and August. People were down on him for getting beaten out by Jacory, but that doesn't look as bad now. He has shown great command in practice lately from what I've heard.

Ryan Williams, as many know by now, was lights out with the scout team in August. Smooth release, good height and major league accuracy. He made it look easy at times throwing to walk-ons. Scout team performance only means so much (see Marve, Robert) but his talent is obvious.

Both guys have some serious talent as pro-style quarterback prospects and, from what I've seen, are a different caliber than the freshmen we're bringing in. Morris has the top level arm strength and Williams has the elite precision. Golden likes Morris and Fisch is a big Williams fan. They both have starting experience and should have a favorable situation with experienced talent around them and a good quarterback coach.

So, to answer Jer's question, quarterback is not my biggest concern.

It really depends on what Williams brings to the table but we'll miss him a lot more than we thought we would two months ago.

Crazy to think about how far he came this season. Makes me feel a little better about Fisch's ability to develop QB's.

Attachments

• image-3050537047.jpg
    image-3050537047.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 5,450
Advertisement
We are quite ****ed!

Miller and Streeter aren't going anywhere...they haven't proven ****. Both very good but need to show they can handle the pounding of a 16 game season in the league. As of now...neither one has shown that. Plus Streeter can still get better!

This.

Miller stays hurt.

I won't miss J12 in the least.

Attachments

• CIS.jpg
    CIS.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 13,504
Advertisement
According to coach Fisch, Williams is the best QB prospect he has ever worked with and is very excited about the competition between Williams and Morris this off season. It's Williams job to lose at this point

Advertisement
It really depends on what Williams brings to the table but we'll miss him a lot more than we thought we would two months ago.

Just goes to show how dire our QB hopes are - they're resting on a dude who is transferring from Memphis.

According to coach Fisch, Williams is the best QB prospect he has ever worked with and is very excited about the competition between Williams and Morris this off season. It's Williams job to lose at this point

Any link or reference?

Advertisement
Jacory is playing great, but based on what I saw in August (haven't seen any in-season practices) quarterback is probably the most underrated position on the team.

Morris draws mixed reactions on here, but he has a lot of physical talent, has shown gamer characteristics (especially toughness) and was neck-in-neck with Jacory for much of the Spring and August. People were down on him for getting beaten out by Jacory, but that doesn't look as bad now. He has shown great command in practice lately from what I've heard.

Ryan Williams, as many know by now, was lights out with the scout team in August. Smooth release, good height and major league accuracy. He made it look easy at times throwing to walk-ons. Scout team performance only means so much (see Marve, Robert) but his talent is obvious.

Both guys have some serious talent as pro-style quarterback prospects and, from what I've seen, are a different caliber than the freshmen we're bringing in. Morris has the top level arm strength and Williams has the elite precision. Golden likes Morris and Fisch is a big Williams fan. They both have starting experience and should have a favorable situation with experienced talent around them and a good quarterback coach.

So, to answer Jer's question, quarterback is not my biggest concern.

I feel better about the QB's knowing that both coach's are high on them.

Attachments

• CISlogo.png
    CISlogo.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 8,225
maybe the qb competition wasn't as close as everyone thinks and golden just wanted to keep a fire under jacory's @ss .. morris has the physical tools but hes just not that good of a qb

I'll miss Jacory. I think if he had been in the current system under the current staff for four years that he'd be a much better QB than he is today. Morris has the physical tools. He was up and down as a true freshman, which is to be expected. Based on what I've seen of him, he tends to overestimate what he can do with his arm, but where he could really stand to improve is from the neck up. With good coaching and the right attitude he could overcome the errors he's made in the past. I'm hoping that Money is right about Williams. What Ferman said sounds like Greentree hyperbole, but I'd love for it to be true.

Advertisement
Back