How many top propects did miami overlook ?

- JJ Watt never offered (said he was a Canes fan)

Lets not look through rose tinted glasses too much. JJ would have been the 2nd lowest rated recruit in the whole class. 114 teams didn't offer JJ a scholarship

Advertisement
Some of the situations (as I remember them) from the big names:

LeSean McCoy - Most thought he was never coming here. He surprisingly committed when he knew he was going to be academically ineligible, then flipped to Pitt the next year, but never really communicated with Miami. He never even visited.

Teddy Bridgewater - He decomitted after Shannon was fired. Golden couldn't get him back in the class.

Amari Cooper - After a Miami summer camp, Golden offered Herb Waters & Amari Cooper a "we have 1 spot between the 2 of you - first one to commit gets the spot". Waters committed a couple days after. I think this turned Cooper off and we were never really back in it. Cooper was hurt and didn't play his Junior year, but became a hot name over the summer. Golden f'ed up by not valuing Cooper more.

Devonta Freeman - We went after him, but got on him too late. We didn't show enough interest early enough. We f'ed up.

Dalvin Cook - He was sort of all over the map. He committed and decommitted from Clemson & Florida before choosing FSU only a couple days before enrolling early. James coley & Joe Yearby were probably to blame here. When we hired James Coley as our OC - Yearby was committed to FSU and coley was his recruiter. Yearby flipped to Miami after Coley came to Miami, and we were never really in it for Cook after that. We f'ed up by taking Yearby because Cook didn't want to play with him in college.

Antonio Brown, TY Hilton, Lavonte David are some of the big misses on guys we could've easily had if we offered - we just misevaluated.

How many kids in the miami area did miami overlook(who wanted to be canes) ? I can name a few, devontae freeman, amari cooper, henry parish (maybe) and are they doomed to do it again with 2021 prospect Amari Daniels out of Miami Central ??
ESPN College Football (@ESPNCFB) Tweeted:
Devonta Freeman felt disrespected by his hometown Canes.

So he went to FSU and did something about it. https://t.co/uIIo1q3Bo9

My whole purpose of making this thread was for amari daniels, i spoke to the kid on thanksgiving weekend , he wants to be cane but he feels they are not showing any love , he i leaning towards texas a&m , i think very highly of the kid i watched him play pop warner , ball sinve his freshman year at central, i just dont want jimbo fisher to steal another good rb from miami central, i have the same feelings about this kid the way i felt about duke johnson

I love it. A guy from Wisconsin whose only offer was from Central Michigan was a "miss" according to these mopes.

Don't forget the offers from elite programs such as Northern Illinois and Wyoming. Then once he went to Wisconsin he had to walk on.

Advertisement
No Miami didnt overlook them, troll shalala and the castration program she was running didnt wont to many Dade County players on the team from certain schools, remember what she said in the infomercial "we're recruiting a different kind of athlete to the University of Miami", so gumbo and Fsu knew that, along with saban and it was during that time, those schools came in and also started taking care of local coaches too. The only way to get it back, coach diaz is gone have to sit his *** down with the Real Local Representatives, cause they stillloyal to Miami, just not UM, cause UM has never been loyal!
If we bankrolled you, could you fix it?

Don't forget the offers from elite programs such as Northern Illinois and Wyoming. Then once he went to Wisconsin he had to walk on.
I was only talking about miami area kids , dont know how we ended up on jj watt and AB wqs going to Fsu but didmt have the grades

Advertisement
- LeSean McCoy after the knee injury
- Jalen Ramsey never offered (said he was a Canes fan)
- Xavier Rhodes never offered
- Janoris Jenkins never offered
- JJ Watt never offered (said he was a Canes fan)
- Lamar Jackson
- Teddy Bridgwater
- James Burgess jr (beast in college)
- Devonta Freeman (which is the reason we didn’t get Dalvin Cook)

Great using JJ Watt as an example

Guy walked on to wisconsin but we should have recruited him

My whole purpose of making this thread was for amari daniels, i spoke to the kid on thanksgiving weekend , he wants to be cane but he feels they are not showing any love , he i leaning towards texas a&m , i think very highly of the kid i watched him play pop warner , ball sinve his freshman year at central, i just dont want jimbo fisher to steal another good rb from miami central, i have the same feelings about this kid the way i felt about duke johnson
Maybe things change with Thad decommiting?

Advertisement
I put doomed to miss another one(amari daniels), take your panties out a bunch.

Advertisement
Man listen if UM offered me tomorrow and I was committed to Bama for 8 months I would go to UM without question unless Bama was giving me 2 mill. If you wanna be a cane you will be regardless of when the offer comes. Now the money part thats a different story

Man listen if UM offered me tomorrow and I was committed to Bama for 8 months I would go to UM without question unless Bama was giving me 2 mill. If you wanna be a cane you will be regardless of when the offer comes. Now the money part thats a different story
I would to, everyone not like us , and neither one of us went through the recriutment process

I would to, everyone not like us , and neither one of us went through the recriutment process
You're not wrong at all bro but at the end of the day most of the kids on that list would not have picked us and we cant take everyone.

Advertisement
Back