How many top propects did miami overlook ?

BJ305

Sophomore
How many kids in the miami area did miami overlook(who wanted to be canes) ? I can name a few, devontae freeman, amari cooper, henry parish (maybe) and are they doomed to do it again with 2021 prospect Amari Daniels out of Miami Central ??
ESPN College Football (@ESPNCFB) Tweeted:
Devonta Freeman felt disrespected by his hometown Canes.

So he went to FSU and did something about it. https://t.co/uIIo1q3Bo9

Advertisement
How many kids in the miami area did miami overlook(who wanted to be canes) ? I can name a few, devontae freeman, amari cooper, henry parish (maybe) and are they doomed to do it again with 2021 prospect Amari Daniels out of Miami Central ??
ESPN College Football (@ESPNCFB) Tweeted:
Devonta Freeman felt disrespected by his hometown Canes.

So he went to FSU and did something about it. https://t.co/uIIo1q3Bo9

Can you list the programs that don't miss anyone in their local recruiting area? Thanks in advance.

This has been discussed numerous times on this board, while we messed up on numerous recruitments with some of those kids, at the end of the day of they really, really wanted to be a Miami Hurricane they would have been.

Advertisement
Can you list the programs that don't miss anyone in their local recruiting area? Thanks in advance.
Im not talking about missing out , im talking about not going after the guys that wants to be canes because you feel you have better options

Im not talking about missing out , im talking about not going after the guys that wants to be canes because you feel you have better options
It's not true at the end of the day, except maybe with Parrish, but in his case we landed two studs. The other guys did get their actual offers even if they were late and still "chose" not to come to Miami.

Advertisement
This has been discussed numerous times on this board, while we messed up on numerous recruitments with some of those kids, at the end of the day of they really, really wanted to be a Miami Hurricane they would have been.
Even if they said they didnt have room for you ?

Even if they said they didnt have room for you ?
Again... We have seen that all of these kids eventually got their offer and said no. How many kids does LSU or Alabama say we don't have room, but then at the last minute kid gets the offer and tell me what happens?

Advertisement

What is wrong with that? I want us going after the best guys, not the guys who "want to be Canes". Heck, every other uncoordinated kid in south Florida wants to be a Cane. That literally means nothing to me.

Devonte freeman
Lamar
Shoelace
That’s it for me. Difference between not being able to secure the signature and not recruiting a kid

Advertisement
It's not true at the end of the day, except maybe with Parrish, but in his case we landed two studs. The other guys did get their actual offers even if they were late and still "chose" not to come to Miami.
You got to put yourself in these kids shoes, if you wanted to be a cane youre whole life and they dont recruit you until your last few months in highschool and you hold out for them,you can miss out on other places to go especially after you felt you proved yourself to be one of the best in the state

I don't even know how much of Devonte Freeman's recruitment was us overlooking him, as much as lack of organization. IIRC, Shannon just bumbled it and then made a late charge to no avail.

You got to put yourself in these kids shoes, if you wanted to be a cane youre whole life and they dont recruit you until your last few months in highschool and you hold out for them,you can miss out on other places to go especially after you felt you proved yourself to be one of the best in the state

Dude besides Freeman who are you talking about?

Again, if I'm a life-long Cane fan and I get the offer the night before I sign ( which it was never that late) I'm going there. Like I said if a kid is an Alabama or LSU fan and they get that last minute offer they go there. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Back