How far can Golden and the present staff take us?

Guys, our defense was horrible. We lost our top two playmakers midseason. The scouts are now saying that our QB was a complete bonehead who may not even get drafted..

That being the case, how the **** did we win 9 games if our OC mismanaged things so badly? That just doesn't compute. I have no idea whether the defense will ever improve, but I stand by my statement that there are reasons to be optimistic about the offense.

Because we played a horrible ****ing schedule.

You realize the fat guy who you are blindly defending is something like 1-12 in games against teams which finished with greater than 7 wins during his time here correct?

There's no response to that stat....when we play a team with a pulse, we lose. Period.

If and when he's losing those games when we're supposed to be winning them, It'll be cause for concern.. until then, i'm going to chalk it up to not being a very talented, which based on all objective measures, we haven't been.

At some point we need to stop pretending we're a loaded team an golden is just underachieving, our reality says that's not the case.

Advertisement
Guys, our defense was horrible. We lost our top two playmakers midseason. The scouts are now saying that our QB was a complete bonehead who may not even get drafted..

That being the case, how the **** did we win 9 games if our OC mismanaged things so badly? That just doesn't compute. I have no idea whether the defense will ever improve, but I stand by my statement that there are reasons to be optimistic about the offense.

You realize the fat guy who you are blindly defending is something like 1-12 in games against teams which finished with greater than 7 wins during his time here correct?

There's no response to that stat....when we play a team with a pulse, we lose. Period.

Schedule wasn't any different than years past. ACC schedule will always be around the same.
What makes it look worse is UF tanking due a slew of injuries after we beat them losing their QB, the back QB, there top DT, Top OL, Top LB, Top RB, and in all over 14 key players.

Miami played 10 teams with Atleast 5 losses. 9 with Atleast 6 losses. Without looking you'll be hard pressed to find a hurricane schedule that pathetic.

If and when he's losing those games when we're supposed to be winning them, It'll be cause for concern.. until then, i'm going to chalk it up to not being a very talented, which based on all objective measures, we haven't been.

At some point we need to stop pretending we're a loaded team an golden is just underachieving, our reality says that's not the case.

What objective measures are you using?

Do me a favor and help me out with something I've been struggling with....go into your S&P, FEI, CIA, or FBI data files and find the statistical explanation for me as to how the fat guy came to the conclusion our defense is trending up. I'd love to see the math and presentation of the underlying facts.

Yards play went from 6.11 to 5.75
Points went from 30 to 26
Ints went from 11 to 18
sacks went from 13 to 29
Tackles for loss went from 53 to 61
Qb hurries from 19 to 26

Playing 9 teams with Atleast 6 losses will help those stats.

The nfl draft is pretty objective.. seantrel has the best shot at being drafted highest this year and he was a solid under performer here.

Advertisement

The nfl draft is pretty objective.. seantrel has the best shot at being drafted highest this year and he was a solid under performer here.

You aren't looking at this objectively then. If you're using that measure ( nfl draft ie players making nfl teams) please explain the losses to Maryland, Virginia and Boston College. Yes I'm aware of the player suspensions vs Maryland but Miami still had more nfl people than Maryland did. Same with Boston College. According to you he was suppose to win those games. He didn't. Your logic is now in default.

Last edited:

You aren't looking at this objectively then. If you're using that measure ( nfl draft ie players making nfl teams) please explain the losses to Maryland, Virginia and Boston College. Yes I'm aware of the player suspensions vs Maryland but Miami still had more nfl people than Maryland did. Same with Boston College. According to you he was suppose to win those games. He didn't. Your logic is now in default.

Lol..Maryland? Really? Again, when we're underperforming as the better team, come find me. Until then we've been an average team performing as such.

Lol..Maryland? Really? Again, when we're underperforming as the better team, come find me. Until then we've been an average team performing as such.

Boston college was better? And yes Maryland. Maryland went 2-10 iirc with its lone div 1 win vs Miami. Their qb was benched a couple games after the Miami game due to To ineffectiveness.

You aren't to be takin seriously. You said nfl talent was the measuring stick and when presented with said info you changed your argument.

Bottom line is according to your own logic Miami had better talent than those teams. Those teams were terrible yet Miami couldn't beat them. You have no explanation.

Boston college was better? And yes Maryland. Maryland went 2-10 iirc with its lone div 1 win vs Miami. Their qb was benched a couple games after the Miami game due to To ineffectiveness.

You aren't to be takin seriously. You said nfl talent was the measuring stick and when presented with said info you changed your argument.

Bottom line is according to your own logic Miami had better talent than those teams. Those teams were terrible yet Miami couldn't beat them. You have no explanation.

I dont think he understood the point you were making.

Advertisement
Bottom line 9 wins with a team on probation with their best player injured i dont care who you play how golden got this team to 9 wins is remarkable

Bottom line 9 wins with a team on probation with their best player injured i dont care who you play how golden got this team to 9 wins is remarkable

To each his own. Nothing remarkable about beating 1-11 savannah st, 2-10 south fl , 4-8, wake, 4-8 uf etc etc with no wins vs any quality teams. It's year 3. You returned more starters than most every team on your schedule including a very weak coastal division and you finish in third place.

how can anyone make excuses for our defense... smh...

this is why

338.jpg

Advertisement
Pretty pathetic that golden couldn't find a better player than this guy.^^^^^^^. I keep hearing he's this great recruiter though.

Nevermind the fact that we're 3 ******* YEARS INTO GOLDEN'S TENURE. The fact Highsmith is still starting under that scenario tells you everything you need to know about the combination of Golden's recruiting and player development.

Gotta love the Don Bailey Jr rolodex of excuses. It's like there a robotic excuse rebuttal attempt for every fact that points to Golden's failures.

Nevermind the fact that we're 3 ******* YEARS INTO GOLDEN'S TENURE. The fact Highsmith is still starting under that scenario tells you everything you need to know about the combination of Golden's recruiting and player development.

Gotta love the Don Bailey Jr rolodex of excuses. It's like there a robotic excuse rebuttal attempt for every fact that points to Golden's failures.

We know that this staff can't out scheme an opponent, and now you have them saying he can't recruit either.... wow. Yet all we hear is 4 more years...

Advertisement
Nevermind the fact that we're 3 ****ING YEARS INTO GOLDEN'S TENURE. The fact Highsmith is still starting under that scenario tells you everything you need to know about the combination of Golden's recruiting and player development.

We know that this staff can't out scheme an opponent, and now you have them saying he can't recruit either.... wow. Yet all we hear is 4 more years...

When we go 8-4 next year, I can already hear the excuses.

"Golden had to recruit under the cloud and therefore, cannot be judged fairly until Brad Kaaya is a senior."

To each his own. Nothing remarkable about beating 1-11 savannah st, 2-10 south fl , 4-8, wake, 4-8 uf etc etc with no wins vs any quality teams. It's year 3. You returned more starters than most every team on your schedule including a very weak coastal division and you finish in third place.

Returned what starters a bunch of bums people have no clue how about we do it this way

Did you believe we would be a 9 win team before last year started? We were a underdog vs fla..... Put it into perspective... Going into last year nobody thought this team would win nine games the people that know in vegas had this team at 7 wins!!!! So yes golden did a **** of a job to get 9 with a short deck now we have moved on the program is on the up great class

People we were at 21 point dog to fla st .,... And until duke got hurt we were in the game we were a underdog at home vs fla what are you guys smoking what golden has done with that **** he was left with is nothing short of remarkable

Returned what starters a bunch of bums people have no clue how about we do it this way

Did you believe we would be a 9 win team before last year started? We were a underdog vs fla..... Put it into perspective... Going into last year nobody thought this team would win nine games the people that know in vegas had this team at 7 wins!!!! So yes golden did a **** of a job to get 9 with a short deck now we have moved on the program is on the up great class

With the amount of players Miami had coming back coupled with what other teams on the schedule lost I was expecting double digit wins and a coastal title. I also expected a better showing vs the better teams on the schedule. None of this happened largely due to the ineptness of this coaching staff.

I could careless what Vegas had going on. I can watch with my own eyes and see things for myself. Since you're so into Vegas rankings what did Vegas have our defense ranked?

Advertisement
Back