How far can Golden and the present staff take us?

There's no need to even argue the Maryland game. There are several other examples that can be used to highlight Golden/D'onofrios shortcomings.

Advertisement
There's no need to even argue the Maryland game. There are several other examples that can be used to highlight Golden/D'onofrios shortcomings.

Agreed, but the Maryland game was the start of what the next 3 years would be like for the defense. The writing was on the wall.

I love how the Golden supporters dodge facts that are thrown at them. They present facts which others respond to. Then when others push facts, they completely ignore them. The Maryland game is not important right now, but it was a sight into our future. At the time, I passed it off as we were just a bad team, but the fact we lined up so far off the ball scared me and the fact that we were the only BCS team they beat scared me even more. 3 years later we are still doing the same thing and we are still just as bad on defense. Do you guys honestly believe we were as bad as Towson that year? I think not.

I love how the Golden supporters dodge facts that are thrown at them. They present facts which others respond to. Then when others push facts, they completely ignore them. The Maryland game is not important right now, but it was a sight into our future. At the time, I passed it off as we were just a bad team, but the fact we lined up so far off the ball scared me and the fact that we were the only BCS team they beat scared me even more. 3 years later we are still doing the same thing and we are still just as bad on defense. Do you guys honestly believe we were as bad as Towson that year? I think not.

358.jpg

The fat guy is 1-11 versus the only 12 teams we've played which finished with 7 or more wins.

That's a stat and a half for your ***. "A" win...."A"...as in singular.

Advertisement
Put up or shut up year. I think honestly the program needed the consistency of one more year with the same leadership. If he bails, we have more talent in place and the ship seems a little bit better organized than it was. So at the least, it was a solid fixer upper. Realistically, Golden could be the guy before the guy. I have my doubts and theres stats to back it up. I still have faith though. There are good things, that lead me to believe the staff is on top of it and adjustments will finally be made. It makes sense that they wanted to try and run the defense with a Healthy porter and another year to teach it, and I pray to freaking god they've realized what doesn't work at this point.

The worst part of the Failure of Al is that it forces me to agree with the king of the black panthers, the ultimate Randy nut hugger, MiamiNites aka NewKirk aka TP aka Poncho aka LEMeyers.

Put up or shut up year. I think honestly the program needed the consistency of one more year with the same leadership. If he bails, we have more talent in place and the ship seems a little bit better organized than it was. So at the least, it was a solid fixer upper. Realistically, Golden could be the guy before the guy. I have my doubts and theres stats to back it up. I still have faith though. There are good things, that lead me to believe the staff is on top of it and adjustments will finally be made. It makes sense that they wanted to try and run the defense with a Healthy porter and another year to teach it, and I pray to freaking god they've realized what doesn't work at this point.

???????

Advertisement

???????

Like what?

???????

Like what?

No clue in terms of defensive scheme, but Golden has talked about having more of a ball control offense this year that focuses on moving the chains. Getting rid of the feast or famine aspect of our offense would help some, imo. We need to eat clock to take a little pressure of our D.

I fully expect a dominating run game next fall now that Duke has the bulk to take more carries, we have a top flight talent to back him up, and the depth behind them has a year of college football experience under their belts. Darling and McDermott are maulers. With them coming in early, I think the o line gets even better.

???????

Like what?

No clue in terms of defensive scheme, but Golden has talked about having more of a ball control offense this year that focuses on moving the chains. Getting rid of the feast or famine aspect of our offense would help some, imo. We need to eat clock to take a little pressure of our D.

I fully expect a dominating run game next fall now that Duke has the bulk to take more carries, we have a top flight talent to back him up, and the depth behind them has a year of college football experience under their belts. Darling and McDermott are maulers. With them coming in early, I think the o line gets even better.

What have you seen from this team in any aspect that says they can be a ball control offense?

Advertisement
Golden is pretty much clueless it appears. He fixes one dumb adjustment with another dumb adjustment.......that's if he even adjust. At this point he's all talk.

???????

Like what?

What have you seen from this team in any aspect that says they can be a ball control offense?

Umm, what I said in my post you quoted??

Advertisement
I don't see any reason to criticize the staff or team in February. I'll reserve that for the season. Right now I'm just looking forward to what we may see new in the spring, and hoping for substantial progress.

Sounds to me like Golden plans to have the offense sit on the ball to protect his defense like we did his first year here.

That year we were 114th in the nation in plays per game.

http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/plays-per-game?date=2012-01-09

If we're going into some kind of "protect the defense" mode, we need to have a paradigm shift in the way we play offense. For example, if it's anywhere outside our own 35, go for it on 4th down. Never go for field goals. Etc. And I'm being dead serious. How many times did we say last year "why punt, since the other team is going to score no matter where they get the ball."

Advertisement
Back