How far can Golden and the present staff take us?

Miami82

Mediocrity is for pussies
7-9 wins, this is their max win limit

7-10 wins and winning the coastal, ACCcG appearance

9-11 wins and winning the ACCCG, Playoff bound

10-12 wins, ACC Champs, Playoff bound, win NC

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe we will suffer two embarrassing defeats and Golden will be fired this season.

This but the reason he gets fired is because we have literally have 15,000 fans at our last game. The fans will make a stand similar to the USF game when Shannon was coach.

Advertisement
I'm more optimistic than you guys. The X's and O's on both sides of the ball has been a joke, but the talent level has improved dramatically. A few successful adjustments in the offseason (please please please!!!) and a year where everybodys dialed and things look good. No reason why we can't own the coastal.

This is the year where theres no more excuses. 9-3 is acceptable if we win the coastal and have competitive losses. No more 500 club. No more blowouts, and a postseason W in either the ACCCG or a bowl, and I'm very happy with the year. No NCAA excuse, no more inexperience, no more blaming Randy. Year 4 is put up or shut up. I have hope and I have my doubts and we have a long summer to wait and see.

Our talent level is set to improve each of the next 2 years. The team can definitely improve. I recognize that we have a 45 year old version of Mack Brown, but 9 wins is definitely not our ceiling.

I think he can get us to the ACCCG. But until he actually does, it's hard to realistically hope for playoffs or NC.

Our talent level is set to improve each of the next 2 years. The team can definitely improve. I recognize that we have a 45 year old version of Mack Brown, but 9 wins is definitely not our ceiling.

I was thinking our Mark Richt. Brown got a NC.

Advertisement
i remember a banner flying over the orange bowl calling for butch davis to be fired. i also remember JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO this board buying one thanking Golden for doing such a great job. what a bunch of duchbags……….. let me know when the wind changes directions please
1.gif%3fw%3d477%26h%3d252

i remember a banner flying over the orange bowl calling for butch davis to be fired. i also remember JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO this board buying one thanking Golden for doing such a great job. what a bunch of duchbags……….. let me know when the wind changes directions please

Thanks for the analysis...

To be clear, that banner thanked Coach Golden for doing a good job of handling things through the NCAA mess.

Advertisement

To be clear, that banner thanked Coach Golden for doing a good job of handling things through the NCAA mess.

Mighty significant distinction. LULZ.

Golden peaked last year. 7-9 wins. Perhaps every 5 years we sneak into an ACCCG but he will never field a consistent winner by doing what he has been doing, especially so long as FSU is around in its current form.

Advertisement
Back