How Does Paul Johnson....

valid

Band
Banned
get players to sign up for his offense? If you're a GT player on the sideline watching....how could you even stomach observing this joke of a system? It doesn't prepare you for the NFL....it is unbelievably boring. Even on defense, if you have NFL aspirations, why would you want to defend a triple option which you will almost never see in the pros (if you make it)? I just don't get it. I would rather play at a DII school than in a system like that. GT fans must be some miserable *****.

Advertisement
the most mindboggling thing is the GT administration firing Gailey to bring in a triple O guy. You go from Calvin Johnson/Damaryius Thomas to not having any WRs at all.

lol.

sticking with the triple option in 2016 is the biggest football guy move i've ever heard of.

Advertisement
the most mindboggling thing is the GT administration firing Gailey to bring in a triple O guy. You go from Calvin Johnson/Damaryius Thomas to not having any WRs at all.

lol.

gt is realistic about their situation. they are a serious, uncompromising academic school with a lot more guys than girls, which is pretty much the opposite of what most good recruits want. they're not going to change that any time soon, so their admin decided to do what the service academies do and roll with an offense that suits the kind of recruit they can get (johnson is a massive *******, but he's the best in the business at the triple option). they've accepted that they'll never win a national title, but they really only aspire to beat georgia, and win the division on occasion.

still have a job in a D1P5 program?

one of the mysteries of the universe.

lets all hope he stays at GT...

When the triple option is good, it's really good. When it's bad, it's really bad. We saw the former 2 years ago when they won the orange bowl, and the latter last season and right now.

They looked good vs Vandy, a decent defense but far from a good one. Looks like anyone with a stout front can dominate GT.

Advertisement
Like others have said . GT is serious about the "Tech" part of their namesake. They want to be competitive, happy with ACC money, and just take it for what it is.

For the old schools GT used to be solid in basketball. Better suited for the schools overall aspirations.

They have occasionally won double digit games with that crap, it's like every 4 years or so they have a really good team when guys get seasoned. I don't think they have to settle for it though. A team like Stanford shows there is a way to get a pro system in place and have really good teams. And it helps to be in Atlanta where they can clean up SEC scrap. Or they could get a spread system and do like Baylor maybe. Teams don't haveto be resign to their faith because of history.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Advertisement

lol.

gt is realistic about their situation. they are a serious, uncompromising academic school with a lot more guys than girls, which is pretty much the opposite of what most good recruits want. they're not going to change that any time soon, so their admin decided to do what the service academies do and roll with an offense that suits the kind of recruit they can get (johnson is a massive *******, but he's the best in the business at the triple option). they've accepted that they'll never win a national title, but they really only aspire to beat georgia, and win the division on occasion.

they can get the same type of kids Stanford does. GT could potentially be a really good program under the right coach...and they are in Atlanta...a gigantic pool of talent to recruit from. there is really no reason for them to run the TO (i'm not complaining....hope Johnson stays there for 20 more years).

Yet they somehow keep backing into the ACCCG because the Coastal is garbage and we keep ******* up. Hopefully those days are behind us.

Advertisement
The talent on GT left over from Gailey wasn't bad at all.

Michael Johnson, Derrick Morgan, Morgan Burnett, Demeryous Thomas, Jon Dwyer, Nesbitt... with a good coach talent like that can certainly compete for the conference. Atlanta is a talent rich area. Can his *** if I'm GT

When it's good it's almost unstoppable but when it's bad you can tell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back