How Does Miami Finish The Season?

TheU1988

It's Not A Lie If You Believe It.
We're technically at the halfway point in the season and are sitting pretty at 5 - 0. What does everyone see this team doing going forward?

- W vs Cuse: I think it's going to be a tougher game than a lot on here seem to think. Maybe not another Miami miracle type of game, but I fully expect them to expose the weakest part of our defense and keep the game more competitive than many of you are predicting.

- W @ UNC: For whatever reason, we never play well in Chapel Hill. While we still may not look our best, I think UNC is just downright bad and we pull out another sloppy win. Add in the fact that we could overlook this game and be focused on the VT game the following weekend and it could end terribly for us.

- L vs VT: Just a bad match-up for us all-around. Not saying there is no chance of pulling out a win, just predicting that we don't. Both offenses struggle with consistency, but they've got the edge on defense. If we can get healthy in time for this game, it may be a coin toss.

- L vs Notre Dame: This game is an absolute toss-up for me. Notre Dame has a couple of tough games before they play us, but I still think they win this game. I honestly think Miami may be the better team between the two, but we were better than 2 - 5 Notre Dame last year and where'd that get us?

- W vs UVA: UVA is much improved this season, but I think we kind of turn it around after 2 L's in a row. This has a Russell Athletics Bowl vs WVU vibe to it. Gears start rolling.

- W @ Pitt: Miami wins convincingly, but the score looks a lot closer than it should. Friday game at Pittsburgh in November. We take whatever kind of W we can.

Finish 9 - 2 and win the Coastal after GT upsets VT.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I called undefeated or a loss to Clemson in the ACCCG before the season started and Im sticking with it. One or the other...

We're not losing to both VT and ND. I can see us dropping one, though. VT is the team that concerns me more

Yeah I think we split the VT and ND games. Not sure which one we win but I think we pull one out.

Advertisement
10-1 regular season

Beat Clemson 31-27 in the ACCCG on a last second pass that gets stuck in Langham's facemask after two Clemson guys whiff on it.

Finish #5 in the College Football rankings, missing the playoffs, getting an OB bid against Georgia.

Advertisement
10-1 regular season

Beat Clemson 31-27 in the ACCCG on a last second pass that gets stuck in Langham's facemask after two Clemson guys whiff on it.

Finish #5 in the College Football rankings, missing the playoffs, getting an OB bid against Georgia.

I like your thinking, but if we beat Clemson, we're not getting left out of the playoffs.

10-1 regular season

Spoken into existence. I actually see this happening by the way, minus maybe the langham part

Advertisement
We're technically at the halfway point in the season and are sitting pretty at 5 - 0. What does everyone see this team doing going forward?

- W vs Cuse: I think it's going to be a tougher game than a lot on here seem to think. Maybe not another Miami miracle type of game, but I fully expecting them to expose the weakest part of our defense and keep the game more competitive than many of you are predicting.

- W @ UNC: For whatever reason, we never play well in Chapel Hill. While we still may not look our best, I think UNC is just downright bad and we pull out another sloppy win. Add in the fact that we could overlook this game and be focused on the VT game the following weekend and it could end terribly for us.

- L vs VT: Just a bad match-up for us all-around. Not saying there is no chance of pulling out a win, just predicting that we don't. Both offenses struggle with consistency, but they've got the edge on defense. If we can get healthy in time for this game, it may be a coin toss.

- L vs Notre Dame: This game is an absolute toss-up for me. Notre Dame has a couple of tough games before they play us, but I still think they win this game. I honestly think Miami may be the better team between the two, but we were better than 2 - 5 Notre Dame last year and where'd that get us?

- W vs UVA: UVA is much improved this season, but I think we kind of turn it around after 2 L's in a row. This has a Russell Athletics Bowl vs WVU vibe to it. Gears start rolling.

- W @ Pitt: Miami wins convincingly, but the score looks a lot closer than it should. Friday game at Pittsburgh in November. We take whatever kind of W we can.

Finish 9 - 2 and win the Coastal after GT upsets VT.

OP at home right now
9TGpAqv.gif

Think we beat the breaks off of UNC Pitt and Syracuse.

Close w against Virginia

Win against Notre Dame.

Lose to VT, ppl on here immediately call for richt and whole staff to be fired after going 10-1

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I've been saying for months that we are going 15-0 ... but having watched the past few games, I am confident in changing my prediction.

We will now go 14-0.

Advertisement
Back