How Does Miami Finish The Season?

Playcalling in the red zone has to improve if we wanna go undefeated. Cant keep settling for field goals down there or we will drop a game or two. ****, it almost cost us this past week in a game we outgained the opponent by 200 yards.

Advertisement
10-1 regular season

Beat Clemson 31-27 in the ACCCG on a last second pass that gets stuck in Langham's facemask after two Clemson guys whiff on it.

Finish #5 in the College Football rankings, missing the playoffs, getting an OB bid against Georgia.

LoveColorful_Little-Giants_0005.jpg

10-1 regular season

Beat Clemson 31-27 in the ACCCG on a last second pass that gets stuck in Langham's facemask after two Clemson guys whiff on it.

Finish #5 in the College Football rankings, missing the playoffs, getting an OB bid against Georgia.

dabo-swinney2.jpg

Don't know why we're a "bad matchup" vs. VT.
Last years game was bad news waiting to happen.
They kicked our ***, yes. You guys know the reasons.

Prior to last year-
We beat them 3 out of 4.
We averaged 30 ppg the previous 5 games.

Eff 'em.
Rosier is 1000 times more mobile than Kaaya.
Let them play man-press when Richards is back and 100%

Good game for sure, but it's ours.

- L vs VT: Just a bad match-up for us all-around. Not saying there is no chance of pulling out a win, just predicting that we don't. Both offenses struggle with consistency, but they've got the edge on defense. If we can get healthy in time for this game, it may be a coin toss.

VT has the 61st ranked offense and 11th ranked defense.
We have the 11th ranked offense and 24th ranked defense.

It's actually us that is a bad matchup for them. Their defense v. our offense is a wash. But there is a huge disparity between our defense and their offense.

Not sure exactly where you're getting those numbers because here on the official NCAA's page it has:

VT - Total Offense - 25 Total Defense - 23
Miami - Total Offense - 20 Total Defense - 46

Sorry, Page Not Found | NCAA.com

Yards per play-
Miami #22 4.85
VT #24 4.89
Statistical Tie

Advertisement
I don't understand all the love for VT.

31-24 win over WVU. Does anyone know if WVU is any good this year?

27-0 win over Delaware. Who cares?

64-17 win over ECU. Normally would be a good win, but go look at ECU's scores this year. They are awful.

38-0 win over Old Dominion. Again, who cares?

31-17 loss to Clemson. Should have been worse. The offense looked putrid 80% of the game.

23-10 win over Boston College. And finally, who cares?

Not an impressive resume at all. Are they good? Sure, but if we play up to our potential we should roll at home against that bad offense.

No clue, but if the first five games are any indication, we're in for some tough sledding. I don't feel confident to proclaim wins unless things tighten up. I think we could legitimately win every remaining game on the schedule, but a loss or two wouldn't be surprising.

The coaches are good at their second half adjustments, but getting outcoached / prepared by the other teams in the first half. That or we just have some slow starters out there playing for us. That's a question in the coaches or players could answer.

IMO miami should finish undefeated. Fsu was The most talented defense well face in the regular season. The only way we loose is if he turnover the ball alot to someone

Advertisement
I think we are undefeated going into the Clemson game in the ACCTG . We lose that in a close one and then play someone like UGA in the Orange Bowl and win . A ton of momentum going into next season when we will be a preseason top 5 team. If we were to lose another game it would be ND as VT doesnt have what it takes to beat us IMO but I think we beat ND as well.

I originally predicted 8-4 or 9-3, but with the caveat that beating FSU might propel the Canes to a miracle season. That was before François was injured, but I will stand by the prediction. Beating FSU with less than 2 minutes left in Tallahassee was special. GT could have been a let down, but UM pulled it out despite the bonehead onside kick. The euphoria of beating FSU will wear off, keeping the team focused on the current opponent. A few injured players return, like Redwine, Pinkney and Richards this week or next, then Delaney and Donaldson. The fill-ins have proven capable (forgetting Knowles, of course). The two toughest opponents have to play in Hard Rock where last week's crowd was better than in past games that did not include FSU. I'm counting on winning out for 11-0, and then a good showing against Clemson in the ACC Championship. A major bowl victory (except if UM pulls off another miracle against Clemson), and next year the Canes are legitimate contenders for the playoff. The team's progress is much faster than I thought it would be.

By the way, I don't consider SU one of the two remaining tough opponents. I used to live in Syracuse and watched as the team beat a highly ranked Nebraska in the Carrier Dome in the late 1970s. The team still stunk and went no where. It is hard for me to imagine SU ever becoming a legitimate football power again. In the old days, the Penn State game was a regular high point on the schedule, similar to the UM-FSU rivalry. The two teams competed for supremacy in PA and western NY. By the late 1970s, the rivalry had been forgotten as the SU-PSU game was no longer scheduled. Basketball took the limelight away from football at SU, and the football program became a disappointment. The MacPherson years provided some high points, but even they were limited. With Boeheim aging, I am not sure that the basketball program will retain its luster. I look for UM to easily handle SU, in what Richt calls a dominant performance.

64-17 win over ECU. Normally would be a good win, but go look at ECU's scores this year. They are awful.

31-17 loss to Clemson. Should have been worse. The offense looked putrid 80% of the game.

Not an impressive resume at all. Are they good? Sure, but if we play up to our potential we should roll at home against that bad offense.

If you applied this same logic on us.. We haven't beaten anyone either... Yea FSU is more talented then any wins VT has but they're still 2-3 that is not better then what is right now a top 25 WVU team THIS year.

I don’t get why people think because we won close games the last 2 weeks that we aren’t a good team. It’s hard to win in college football especially against 2 good opponents. When playing fsu they are still a top 5 talented team in the country and ALWAYS will play Miami tough it’s a rivalry game. Those games are hardly ever blowout period.... ga tech had a gimmicky offense in which they were good their first couple of drives but we shut that sh*t down after that.... on top of that we have had 5 starters out for that game and our best 2 offensive players out in the4th against fsu. Show me another team that can say they win these 2 games with all things considered.... not to mention not practicing, being out of sync and stuff because of hurricane irma...

Advertisement

If you applied this same logic on us.. We haven't beaten anyone either... Yea FSU is more talented then any wins VT has but gathey're still 2-3 that is not better then what is right now a top 25 WVU team THIS year.

Ga tech is a good and tough oponnent to play against because of that offense and the fact it calls for your offense to have a perfect game to win. They beat 3 sec teams in 2016, should have beat Tennessee but they went for the win in OT so cant knock them for that . Regardless they won 11 of their last 13 games and before we played had the #4 defense in the country and averaged **** near 500 yards per game and we held them well below their season averages .

Beat Syracuse by like 10 to 14 points, beat UNC by hopefully a lot, this team needs a "show out" type game even though we never play well at Chapel Hill, beat VT by a surprisingly large margin after acclimating to racking up points with what is hopefully a healthy roster, beat Notre Dame by IDK 3 points? 1 Point? UVA sneaks up on us and we only beat them by a touchdown. Pitt, 14 to 17 point win. Play winner of Clemson/NC State in ACC Championship game. I'm gonna go w NC State out of those two and we beat them by maybe 4 points, really tight game, probably another last second miracle. End regular season ranked 3rd. Play Penn State in the playoffs. Beat them by 10 points. They're fairly one dimensional once you shut down Barkley and their defense is on a similar level to ours, we have the better QB and receiving corps. Play Alabama in the national championship. Win by a miracle last second field goal. #6

Continue to get better each week is what I would like to see. Potentially could go undefeated regular season. Not good enough to overlook anyone. Play good 4 quarters they could be dangerous to any team in ths country. All I am sure of is this team trending in the right direction

Advertisement
If Rosier actually make some plays in the 1st half of games we’ll go undefeated. Can’t keep waiting till 2nd half to get the offense flowing. CMR needs to quit throwing **** fade routes to 5’8 Harley, Cager where you at???

Dumb question here, is our game against ND considered a conference game? I know they are "kinda" part of the league but couldn't remember how it impacted us in the ACC

You would be a fool to bet against this team in any game at this point. Idk if we are a great team, but we're really god **** good.

Advertisement
Back