How Does Miami Finish The Season?

10-1 regular season

Beat Clemson 31-27 in the ACCCG on a last second pass that gets stuck in Langham's facemask after two Clemson guys whiff on it.

Finish #5 in the College Football rankings, missing the playoffs, getting an OB bid against Georgia.

I like the way you have us beating Clemson, but there no way in **** TV lets some committee keep us out of the playoffs at that point. The ratings for us vs anyone would be off the charts. Truth be told, I have us winning out and making playoffs clean. I don't know if we can beat Bama or not, but the thought of it will make everyone else just pee themselves. Want you going do when we come for you.

Advertisement
10-1 regular season

Beat Clemson 31-27 in the ACCCG on a last second pass that gets stuck in Langham's facemask after two Clemson guys whiff on it.

Finish #5 in the College Football rankings, missing the playoffs, getting an OB bid against Georgia.

I like the way you have us beating Clemson, but there no way in **** TV lets some committee keep us out of the playoffs at that point. The ratings for us vs anyone would be off the charts. Truth be told, I have us winning out and making playoffs clean. I don't know if we can beat Bama or not, but the thought of it will make everyone else just pee themselves. Want you going do when we come for you.

This feels to me like the 1983 Season all over again. Schnelly had that one hideous loss to the Gator at the beginning of the year and never looked back until that two point conversion attempt was batted away in the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Night in 1984. I’m not a huge believer in Destiny, and Common Sense says we should split the VT and ND games.

But common sense says we should have lost to FSU, too. There is no common sense to this season. We won’t lose again until we face Clemson, and then we will lose a close playoff game.

- L vs VT: Just a bad match-up for us all-around. Not saying there is no chance of pulling out a win, just predicting that we don't. Both offenses struggle with consistency, but they've got the edge on defense. If we can get healthy in time for this game, it may be a coin toss.

VT has the 61st ranked offense and 11th ranked defense.
We have the 11th ranked offense and 24th ranked defense.

It's actually us that is a bad matchup for them. Their defense v. our offense is a wash. But there is a huge disparity between our defense and their offense.

- L vs VT: Just a bad match-up for us all-around. Not saying there is no chance of pulling out a win, just predicting that we don't. Both offenses struggle with consistency, but they've got the edge on defense. If we can get healthy in time for this game, it may be a coin toss.

It's actually us that is a bad matchup for them. Their defense v. our offense is a wash. But there is a huge disparity between our defense and their offense.

Not sure exactly where you're getting those numbers because here on the official NCAA's page it has:

VT - Total Offense - 25 Total Defense - 23
Miami - Total Offense - 20 Total Defense - 46

Sorry, Page Not Found | NCAA.com

Last edited:
how awesome would it be if VT lost to 1-6 UNC this weekend?

miracle, will never happen but we'd essentially win ACC coastal at that moment

if not we have to wait until week after we play vt when gt and vt play and for that paul johnson ruins someone's season like he's good at

Advertisement
10-1 regular season

L

O

MF’n

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure exactly where you're getting those numbers because here on the official NCAA's page it has:

Mine are from Football outsiders, that use the S&P+ statistics. Stats like "total defense" are worthless. It isn't actually measuring things that correlate to wins, nor is it adjusting for level of competition. It's like measuring "batting average" and "pitcher wins" in baseball. It's archaic.

Advertisement

Here. Much better and more accurate statistical breakdown of Virginia Tech:

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/pages/2017-virginia-tech-advanced-statistical-profile

Here. Much better and more accurate statistical breakdown of Virginia Tech:

https://www.footballstudyhall.com/pages/2017-virginia-tech-advanced-statistical-profile

I certainly hope that page is correct.

Date Opponent Rk Win Probability W/L

4-Nov at Miami-FL 11 32% L

Right now i see one loss vs ND.

Coastal champs and depending on Clemson’s qb situation maybe even ACC champs. May even face NCState

20171018_191245.jpg

Advertisement
Most people expected a 10-2 season with one of the wins at Arkansas state. those folks should be fine with 9-2.

I personally expected a 9-3 season with a win at Arkansas state. So 8-3 would be fine with me.

Simple math here everybody. We are averaging 1 win/game. With 11 games, the math says 1 win/game x 11 games equals 11 wins. 11-0

I think we finish the regular season undefeated and lose to Clemson in ACC Title game. We go to Orange Bowl and beat Wisconsin handily or if we lose to Clemson and they don’t make the playoffs, we beat UCF in Peach Bowl

Last edited:
Advertisement
10-1 regular season

This feels to me like the 1983 Season all over again. Schnelly had that one hideous loss to the Gator at the beginning of the year and never looked back until that two point conversion attempt was batted away in the Orange Bowl on New Year’s Night in 1984. I’m not a huge believer in Destiny, and Common Sense says we should split the VT and ND games.

But common sense says we should have lost to FSU, too. There is no common sense to this season. We won’t lose again until we face Clemson, and then we will lose a close playoff game.

I agree almost completely. I had that feeling at the end of the nole game. In 83 we won by making a last minute field goal. Our OB offer was contingent upon winning out. I think we can take Clemson. Then it is two games with 300 alum players on the sideline and the whole world watching. We have a QB who does not get rattled -- like Kosar. We will be playing traditional powers like Bama or OSU and not expected to win or even make a game of it. I'm hoping Bama is favored big so I can take some Bama money like I did Cornhusker cash in 84. This team believes; that matters.

10-1...............Canes are not losing to both Va tech and domers................not gonna happen!! Play in ACC title game

Advertisement
Back