How does a 5th year senior not make this read?

Problem2

All-American
Premium
1536250280752.jpeg

“Third and 3. RPO. Had 3 on 2 with Brevin wide open but Malik handed it off. We didn’t get the first down btw”

Now, I’m firmly in the camp that Richts offense sucks and there’s issues with the OL. But Jesus Christ man the throw is right ******* there. Richt can’t hold his hand for him.

Just baffles me even more how Richt can continue to play him. He has to see how many plays Rosier is leaving out there, he may be stubborn, but I don’t think he’s stupid

Rosier’s football IQ is nonexistent. God dammit this is so frustrating. Just play someone else already

Advertisement
You got two types of throw in there. The slot guy can either do a hot route which would be a slant or Malik could throw to the flat. The one thing I'm wondering is why is the slot guy still at the line of scrimmage? He didn't even move. Haha

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rosier never should have been taking any meaningful snaps on this level... **** Mark even said it to him to his face but having punks like Jack allison jet at the first sign of adversity and then stack on top the QB targets he brings in our knuckle heads(weldon, perry)

Going forward now having Rosier taking meaningful snaps from the young guys will be down right stupid as he is not the future and definitely cant win us a natty or ACC title

You got two types of throw in there. The slot guy can either do a hot route which would be a slant or Malik could throw to the flat. The one thing I'm wondering is why is the slot guy still at the line of scrimmage? He didn't even move. Haha

The slot guy was off the line with Cager lined up on it. It does look like the Slot is about to run a slant which likely isn't a good read. Instead, he should be expecting Rosier to pass the ball to Brevin and he engages the LB/S. If he runs a slant, Rosier can't hit him due to all of the traffic near the line as Rosier has no lane to throw. The dump off to Brevin with the slot blocking could have gone for big yards with only one man to beat if the two WRs block well.

Richts play calling is not the issue, Rosier is.

Manny Diaz is the issue on the other side of the ball.

Advertisement
Brevin was open multiple times that game. Malik never made his progressions. He was always looking to one side of the field or tucking and running.
This is why I said months ago(plenty of people said months ago)unless we establish the running game we were gonna struggle with him at qb cause they are gonna play on an island,get heavy pressure & malik is a one read QB at best. That wont cut it in a physical low scoring game.

The slot guy was off the line with Cager lined up on it. It does look like the Slot is about to run a slant which likely isn't a good read. Instead, he should be expecting Rosier to pass the ball to Brevin and he engages the LB/S. If he runs a slant, Rosier can't hit him due to all of the traffic near the line as Rosier has no lane to throw. The dump off to Brevin with the slot blocking could have gone for big yards with only one man to beat if the two WRs block well.
You're right. I guess my other thing would be why isn't he down field ready to block instead of watching rosier trying to figure out if he's gonna hand it off or pass it. Basically waiting for the DB to make the play.

Advertisement
The bigger issue: 8 vs. 5! There are 8 yellow helmets vs. our 5 OL. PASS THE FING BALL! If Rosier's read is the OLB, he clearly sees the S not playing Brevin but instead jumping the run. Even before the snap, they have 6 guys in the box with two guys cheating inside. How about a hot read to Richards at the bottom of the screen? ANYTHING but Run!

We are not going anywhere with Rosier, Now is the time for the other QBs to shine. If Malik gets more than a half of football on Saturday I will be getting up and leaving.

There is also a Cat or some kind of outside blitz that's coming right in his face that's probably a designed run blitz to keep the outside contained. Throw the ******* ball and it's a gain of 5 and a first

Everyone keeps bashing Richts offense and then pointing out how Rosier can’t find the wide open guy or when he does sails the ball 5 yards over their head. It’s contradictory.

The main issue (90% IMO) is Rosiers lack of ability to do anything from the QB position.

Voila! And believe it or not. It isn't going to get easier for Miami! Because I guarantee other conference defensive coordinators KNOW all about Malik's suspect QB play!

The bottom line: #12 is now officially an ALBATROSS hindering Miami's offense!

Advertisement
Back