How does a 5th year senior not make this read?

Advertisement
View attachment 63669

“Third and 3. RPO. Had 3 on 2 with Brevin wide open but Malik handed it off. We didn’t get the first down btw”

Now, I’m firmly in the camp that Richts offense sucks and there’s issues with the OL. But Jesus Christ man the throw is right ******* there. Richt can’t hold his hand for him.

Just baffles me even more how Richt can continue to play him. He has to see how many plays Rosier is leaving out there, he may be stubborn, but I don’t think he’s stupid

Rosier’s football IQ is nonexistent. God dammit this is so frustrating. Just play someone else already

Nothing to do with Rosier but man look how high all of our olineman are playing, geezus

this is why I dont know if you can really rip Richt's play-calling or current system. With a better QB I get the sense his IQ goes up by about 100 points

Rosier is of low football intelligence - and that kills you at that position

View attachment 63669

“Third and 3. RPO. Had 3 on 2 with Brevin wide open but Malik handed it off. We didn’t get the first down btw”

Now, I’m firmly in the camp that Richts offense sucks and there’s issues with the OL. But Jesus Christ man the throw is right ******* there. Richt can’t hold his hand for him.

Just baffles me even more how Richt can continue to play him. He has to see how many plays Rosier is leaving out there, he may be stubborn, but I don’t think he’s stupid

Rosier’s football IQ is nonexistent. God dammit this is so frustrating. Just play someone else already

I actually feel like Rosier has gotten worse at reading defenses, not better. But completely agree with the post, he needs to read that and make the right throw.

Advertisement
this is why I dont know if you can really rip Richt's play-calling or current system. With a better QB I get the sense his IQ goes up by about 100 points

Richt hasn’t produced a good qb since I had hair

I’m looking for brains at th qb position. Think Dorsey, Walsh, Kosar. I wish Weldon would step up, wish Perry would transfer, wish Williams would be ready to be the next if not now.

if he is of low iq, what does that say about the people who continue to start him?

Advertisement
hDB591333

I have never seen so many wide *** open receivers in my life. I’m done trying to figure it out. Something is just not right.

If you're content with ~45% passing and poor qb play all around - why not let one of the guys who will be under center next year put up those numbers and get some game experience? Instead of the guy who will be gone? Doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah, many of the points made here raise the ultimate question of what does Rosier bring to the team at this point that these other guys dont. This isn't a situation like at Clemson with Kelly Bryant, where a guy who played very well for the team in almost every game last year, but has a clear ceiling to his ability, is being pushed by a young phenom who has a much higher ceiling but isn't quite there yet.

Richt is a guy who has clearly stated in interviews that he values accuracy and protecting the ball, and Rosier is below 50% in his last 4 games, all losses, with 4 TDs and 7 INTs. As many have pointed out, it's not like Rosier is making a ton of audibles at the line, or showing his senior leadership and experience as the starting QB in some other way. He's missing WRs because of inaccuracy. He's making the wrong reads (as illustrated in this thread), and he's making the big mistake, turnovers.

It's hard to see how one of these young guys is going to be worse than Rosier has been the last 4 games, and at least based on recruiting rankings and physical ability shown so far, all 3 guys have a higher upside at this point than the 5th year senior Rosier.

Advertisement
I feel like he purposely ignored Brevin. I mean there were just too many times that I saw him open for easy gains and Rosier never looked his way, or hesitated too long.

View attachment 63669

Most likely he saw the blitz coming and handed it off because he thought he wouldn't have time to let his receivers get where they needed to be and/or get rid of the ball, even though it was a potential 3 on 2 situation. I don't think this is as "bad" a read as it first appears. That blitzer is flying in untouched and no one is there to slow him down. I am also down on Rosier, but not because of this play.

Advertisement
View attachment 63669

Inexcusable. MuthaFcknn Rosier. Got **** it.

And the funny thing is I've seen that exact play where the Tight End does a B line to the sideline in those goofy *** teasers UM (or footballville, insidetheu, etc) puts out during camp.

Advertisement
Back