How does a 5th year senior not make this read?

this is why I dont know if you can really rip Richt's play-calling or current system. With a better QB I get the sense his IQ goes up by about 100 points

Rosier is of low football intelligence - and that kills you at that position

The main problem I have with Richt's offense is lack of creativity in the running game. It's always the back starts in the pistol motions by the qb then it's zone read inside or draw, with an occasional sweep.

Richt has to incorporate motion to create mismatches. Jeff Thomas is too dynamic to not get the ball in his hands. **** even the threat of him on a jet sweep could open someone else up.

I'm not as concerned about the passing game as guys continually get open. We need a qb that can put the ball on the money but some of it is also on Richt. He needs to start off the game with a few easy pitch and catch throws to build confidence. I know Rosier being a senior shouldn't need that but it will help the young guys if/when they get their chance.

Advertisement
The bigger issue: 8 vs. 5! There are 8 yellow helmets vs. our 5 OL. PASS THE FING BALL! If Rosier's read is the OLB, he clearly sees the S not playing Brevin but instead jumping the run. Even before the snap, they have 6 guys in the box with two guys cheating inside. How about a hot read to Richards at the bottom of the screen? ANYTHING but Run!

This basically sums up what I've been thinking about Rosier since last year. He decides what he's going to do before the snap.

The main problem I have with Richt's offense is lack of creativity in the running game. It's always the back starts in the pistol motions by the qb then it's zone read inside or draw, with an occasional sweep.

Richt has to incorporate motion to create mismatches. Jeff Thomas is too dynamic to not get the ball in his hands. **** even the threat of him on a jet sweep could open someone else up.

I'm not as concerned about the passing game as guys continually get open. We need a qb that can put the ball on the money but some of it is also on Richt. He needs to start off the game with a few easy pitch and catch throws to build confidence. I know Rosier being a senior shouldn't need that but it will help the young guys if/when they get their chance.

I dont disagree with this, I do wish Richt would incorporate a few more wrinkles to his offense....

The only wrinkles Mork Rich knows are the wrinkles on his ballz.

CD, do you believe that Butch pulled a similar move with Clement starting over Covington? Clement sucked! Covington looked a ton better almost from the minute he stepped on campus. Covington only started his senior year which was a crime IMO.

Continue with the funny posts.

Advertisement
However, if MR starts through the season without improvement, CMR’s decision making is the problem.

View attachment 63669

“Third and 3. RPO. Had 3 on 2 with Brevin wide open but Malik handed it off. We didn’t get the first down btw”

Now, I’m firmly in the camp that Richts offense sucks and there’s issues with the OL. But Jesus Christ man the throw is right ******* there. Richt can’t hold his hand for him.

Just baffles me even more how Richt can continue to play him. He has to see how many plays Rosier is leaving out there, he may be stubborn, but I don’t think he’s stupid

Rosier’s football IQ is nonexistent. God dammit this is so frustrating. Just play someone else already

Nothing wrong with the play call there.
Our 3 defended by their 2.

If I'm the QB, i'm thinking pass first, given the way our line was playing.
Got to make that play.

Richts play calling is not the issue, Rosier is.

Manny Diaz is the issue on the other side of the ball.
Believe it or not, they can all be issues. I think they are. For whatever reason, some people want to excuse Coach Richt. He deserves fault. Rosier deserves fault. The sleeping OL on blitzes deserve fault. The [few] DL who got rocked deserve some fault. The LBs who overpursue or miss tackles deserve fault. The backup Safety who can't make a play deserves fault. All their position coaches. And, the D-Coordinator.

This board becomes a it's either this or that versus war after losses. Been this way for a while on message boards. When in reality, it's usually a cluster**** of fault to be shared between coaches and some players.

Advertisement
Brevin was open on Malik's pick 6 too. Malik should have gone to him as the second option after recognizing triple effing coverage on Jeff.
So was Cager. Cager was open on the Z stop at the top of the screen right at the 1st down marker. Rosier had 2 guys wide open. One to either side yet he goes to JT who is essentially triple covered. The guy is just a really bad QB.

There is zero excuse for Mark Richt to put this kind of incompetence at QB on the field. This is UM! This is Richt's 3rd year! Richt is basically saying that in his 3rd year that this is the best he has at the QB position? It's mind blowing.

Voila! And believe it or not. It isn't going to get easier for Miami! Because I guarantee other conference defensive coordinators KNOW all about Malik's suspect QB play!

The bottom line: #12 is now officially an ALBATROSS hindering Miami's offense!
He’s been holding our offense since last season but many Canes fans were too caught up ignoring his flaws since the team was winning. Fock all the ignorant fans too!

Well that is pretty damning. You know who makes that easy read for an easy first down all game long? Brad "The Statue" Kaaya. Things like this are exactly why our offense was better in 2016 than it is now.

Advertisement
We're already running "Offense for Dummies" in order to try and not expose La Bamba, but at the same time we're saying the offense is too complex for the freshmen? GTFOH.

What’s even more concerning is Richt willing to pass on recruiting a QB this year, as if we just set at that position.

I feel like he purposely ignored Brevin. I mean there were just too many times that I saw him open for easy gains and Rosier never looked his way, or hesitated too long.

weird - I had the same feeling during the game. He never even looked his way.

Advertisement
Its not the scheme, players are open all game, against LSU and all those teams we lost to last season. He's not a good QB. Richt and Brown are doing the team and fans a disservice by playing him.

View attachment 63669

“Third and 3. RPO. Had 3 on 2 with Brevin wide open but Malik handed it off. We didn’t get the first down btw”

Now, I’m firmly in the camp that Richts offense sucks and there’s issues with the OL. But Jesus Christ man the throw is right ******* there. Richt can’t hold his hand for him.

Just baffles me even more how Richt can continue to play him. He has to see how many plays Rosier is leaving out there, he may be stubborn, but I don’t think he’s stupid

Rosier’s football IQ is nonexistent. God dammit this is so frustrating. Just play someone else already
As someone who ran RPOS his read is the OLB and the DE at end of the line..neither crash down. Sooo numbers wise it was the correct read. If he pulls it down that’s a TFL or a batted ball. So this particular situation, your wrong

The better question is how can kosi, Weldon or Williams not be better?
Im starting to think ut has nothing to do with their play but with smoking weed and not going to class. Rosier needs to be benched right now. Not split snaps. Benched.

Advertisement
Back