How does a 5th year senior not make this read?

I know that Williams doesn't know 70% of the book well enough to make the right adjustments BUT we should be able to execute that remaining 30% at a level that only a few teams in the country can defend. Mike Leach does this every freaking year. His route tree is simple and he focuses on execution!

Perry likely is in a similar position of knowing 30-40% of the book well enough to be able to call the right adjustments. Another option is to have DeeJay, Homer, and/or Gauither HELP the young QBs with reads and adjustments. They can't do that with Lingard, Burns, and Gray so if we get that far down in the chart then the offense gets far more predictable. It already sounds like Gauither is helping to call the adjustments at the OL.

Advertisement
View attachment 63669

“Third and 3. RPO. Had 3 on 2 with Brevin wide open but Malik handed it off. We didn’t get the first down btw”

Now, I’m firmly in the camp that Richts offense sucks and there’s issues with the OL. But Jesus Christ man the throw is right ******* there. Richt can’t hold his hand for him.

Just baffles me even more how Richt can continue to play him. He has to see how many plays Rosier is leaving out there, he may be stubborn, but I don’t think he’s stupid

Rosier’s football IQ is nonexistent. God dammit this is so frustrating. Just play someone else already

The better question is how can kosi, Weldon or Williams not be better?

I know that Williams doesn't know 70% of the book well enough to make the right adjustments BUT we should be able to execute that remaining 30% at a level that only a few teams in the country can defend. Mike Leach does this every freaking year. His route tree is simple and he focuses on execution!

Perry likely is in a similar position of knowing 30-40% of the book well enough to be able to call the right adjustments. Another option is to have DeeJay, Homer, and/or Gauither HELP the young QBs with reads and adjustments. They can't do that with Lingard, Burns, and Gray so if we get that far down in the chart then the offense gets far more predictable. It already sounds like Gauither is helping to call the adjustments at the OL.
RB’s aren’t really in a position to do that and Gauither can only really help him by keeping upright...

The only their viable option is pull Malik and let Deejay run some of these short throw RPO plays.

It is crazy to believe Richt's playbook is so difficult that JW or NP can't grasp more than 30-40% at this point, when there are true freshman all over the country playing right now for other programs (i.e., USC, Nebraska come to mind) and at Clemson and UGA they are getting meaningful snaps.

Hopefully NP, CW or JW shine and make it impossible for Richt to go any other way after the next two weeks.

Advertisement
great post OP.... thank you

Was anyone surprised Richt pulled Malik during the Pitt game? I am not saying were you surprised bc Malik played badly during Pitt, I am asking were you surprised Richt actually made the move??

Him not making the move permanently over the summer or this week has to be something to do with the politics related to the 3 young guys. I do not think he is being sentimental about Maliks feelings. Keep in mind he told this guy "you will never play for me". I am not saying this is the correct way to handle it, but he must be thinking if I promote JW now, I have 2 QBs transferring out.

Of course us CIS posters would say then hit the waiver wire and also get a QB in this class. Maybe that would be the best solution.

giphy.gif

View attachment 63669

“Third and 3. RPO. Had 3 on 2 with Brevin wide open but Malik handed it off. We didn’t get the first down btw”

Now, I’m firmly in the camp that Richts offense sucks and there’s issues with the OL. But Jesus Christ man the throw is right ******* there. Richt can’t hold his hand for him.

Just baffles me even more how Richt can continue to play him. He has to see how many plays Rosier is leaving out there, he may be stubborn, but I don’t think he’s stupid

Rosier’s football IQ is nonexistent. God dammit this is so frustrating. Just play someone else already

I'm not really sure how you can come to the 2 different conclusions you came to. You question "How a 5th year senior can't make this read" because you believe (correctly) that it was an easy read. Yet, you then say you're now "firmly in the camp that Richt's offense sucks"...which is it? Because if Richts offense can easily get 3 on 2 against a loaded box, then that sounds like the person making the "wrong read" would be the problem, no?

For the record, I don't think Richt's offense is awesome by any means, but I think with better reads and accuracy, we will find out very quickly that his offense isn't the problem....

Advertisement
There is also a Cat or some kind of outside blitz that's coming right in his face that's probably a designed run blitz to keep the outside contained. Throw the ******* ball and it's a gain of 5 and a first

Also has the risk of batting down the pass or intercepting it as well though, if he puts some air on it there’s a risk of one of those DB’s coming off the wr block and making the tackle right after the catch or pass break up. Either way he probably should hav entrusted the wr blocking and got the ball to Brevin.

It is crazy to believe Richt's playbook is so difficult that JW or NP can't grasp more than 30-40% at this point, when there are true freshman all over the country playing right now for other programs (i.e., USC, Nebraska come to mind) and at Clemson and UGA they are getting meaningful snaps.

Hopefully NP, CW or JW shine and make it impossible for Richt to go any other way after the next two weeks.

I agree completely. Playing a TF and winning a Natty with one is a big difference.

View attachment 63669

Still not going to knock Richt the OC. That image is a HUGE gain. Uncovered, two defenders with two blockers ahead of you. Our WRs are great blocking.

Christ Malik is looking right at him.

Also has the risk of batting down the pass or intercepting it as well though, if he puts some air on it there’s a risk of one of those DB’s coming off the wr block and making the tackle right after the catch or pass break up. Either way he probably should hav entrusted the wr blocking and got the ball to Brevin.

You have to play the numbers. 2 on 3 is better than 8 on 6.

Advertisement
Brevin was open on Malik's pick 6 too. Malik should have gone to him as the second option after recognizing triple effing coverage on Jeff.

Ive knocked on the offense a ton but having rewatched games and seeing that i do see guys open it hasn’t been the offense scheme per say its been more malik he rarely makes the right reads and is just inaccurate as ***kkkkk, we can make the offense a little more creative but that is still not gonna completely change the fact malik has issues

Advertisement
Malik doesn’t make reads, he guesses.

Sometimes he guesses right, often he doesn’t.

I dunno man.

I think LSU knew 90% of our playbook after the 1st quarter.

It ain’t that complex.

Rosier knows 100% of the playbook but cant execute any of the plays consistently or at all.

Supplement some snaps with DJ in the wildcat and let a new qb take over.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back