How does a 5th year senior not make this read?

So was Cager. Cager was open on the Z stop at the top of the screen right at the 1st down marker. Rosier had 2 guys wide open. One to either side yet he goes to JT who is essentially triple covered. The guy is just a really bad QB.

There is zero excuse for Mark Richt to put this kind of incompetence at QB on the field. This is UM! This is Richt's 3rd year! Richt is basically saying that in his 3rd year that this is the best he has at the QB position? It's mind blowing.
I could be proven wrong tomorrow, but I don't think Richt is saying this. I think he was saying that Rosier is his best option AGAINST LSU, a team that he knows is very talented. Putting one of his puppies in for the first time under the lights could be a disaster. Tomorrow, he has the opportunity to put 2 QBs in the game who have never played to see what they can do, without the downside of ruining their confidence or losing the game. I think Malik will start and play probably the first quarter, then let 2 puppies fight it out for the remainder of the game.

Advertisement
I could be proven wrong tomorrow, but I don't think Richt is saying this. I think he was saying that Rosier is his best option AGAINST LSU, a team that he knows is very talented. Putting one of his puppies in for the first time under the lights could be a disaster. Tomorrow, he has the opportunity to put 2 QBs in the game who have never played to see what they can do, without the downside of ruining their confidence or losing the game. I think Malik will start and play probably the first quarter, then let 2 puppies fight it out for the remainder of the game.

What is the logic behind Malik getting the whole first quarter with the starters?

Advertisement
at this point, every qb should play a quarter running real offense. we have three games to get this QB situation right in order to salvage the year.

Why should Malik get the whole first quarter with the starters instead of the younger QBs?

Why should Malik get the whole first quarter with the starters instead of the younger QBs?
Rosier will start. That's all I'm saying. I think all of us want him to play 1 series, then let the youngsters get reps. But it won't go like the fans want it to.

I agree. While I'd love to see anyone under center not named Malik - it would be great to see that a number 2 is established and he plays the whole game after Rosier exits.

I got the answer for u @Problem2

He sucks he is who he is no matter whos coaching him

I bet against SS he will hit guys in stride cause they will be open and thats not even guaranteed

Advertisement
Rosier will start. That's all I'm saying. I think all of us want him to play 1 series, then let the youngsters get reps. But it won't go like the fans want it to.

I don't want him to play any series. One series is one too many.

I want to see Richt do this to Rosier.
ari.gif

Voila! And believe it or not. It isn't going to get easier for Miami! Because I guarantee other conference defensive coordinators KNOW all about Malik's suspect QB play!

The bottom line: #12 is now officially an ALBATROSS hindering Miami's offense!
He has been since the day he was named starter. He was when we started 10-0. He will be as long as he plays. Richt needs his head fixed if he thinks he can win anything meaningful with him in there.

The booing will get louder and louder for every series he marches on the field. I don't care if we score a TD every time, as we SHOULD against these scrubs. The young guys need to see the **** field, and every fan that shows up on Saturday will let Richt know that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree with what you are saying here but I was placing more emphasis on the fact that in year 3 of Rick's tenure Malweak is his best option? It's incredulous that Rick allowed himself to be in that situation.

As far as Savannah St is concerned, I see absolutely zero benefit to be accrued by having Rosier out there at all. Give Rosier the week off and play all 3 of the backups. They are in desperate need of live reps and this is the perfect opportunity for that. Savannah St is so bad there is zero chance of dropping the game. If Rosier is out there for more than 1 or 2 series I'm going to be ****ed.

Advertisement
Back