How Do We Fix The O-Line?

Advertisement
I think JC and Zion will be better. Of the 2, I feel much better about Zion after the rewatch. I think for future PA or deep drops, you have to be prepared to help out more.

One other thing of note is that we did a crappy job picking up blitzes. Have to shore that up.

We were terrible at it all night. Delayed blitzes should never work as well as they did Saturday. I wanted to see 2 back sets out of the gun and have one stay in for blitz pick up and the other chip and flare out. With as soft as the DB’s were playing you make a guy or two miss when they sent the backers and it’s a house call

Did we recruit an entire line that's soft at the point of attack or is this technique/coaching? Donaldson, our supposed most imposing lineman, pulled at one point with a chance to bury Zuniga and got bullrushed all the way in Jarren. It seems like our line has a terrible time reanchoring as well.

For one stop with the bunch formations having the receivers stacked so close to the line where the dbs could just blitz. Spread those guys out, do more chipping with the tight ends as well. Change the personnel up a little bit

Advertisement
For one stop with the bunch formations having the receivers stacked so close to the line where the dbs could just blitz. Spread those guys out, due more chipping with the tight ends as well. Change the personnel up a little bit

I haven't had a chance to watch the game on TV yet, I just got back from Orlando late last night, but Cole Cubelic tweeted that he charted the game and only 1 of the 10 sacks came when we had 5 blockers. So even when we did chip, or kept a back in, or kept a TE in....they still had 9 sacks. Just in case you wanted to throw up some more.

I haven't had a chance to watch the game on TV yet, I just got back from Orlando late last night, but Cole Cubelic tweeted that he charted the game and only 1 of the 10 sacks came when we had 5 blockers. So even when we did chip, or kept a back in, or kept a TE in....they still had 9 sacks. Just in case you wanted to throw up some more.
That was the RBs missing all their blocks FYI. The tackles were getting beat so fast that the RBs didn't even have enough time to get there.

Bring me my **** blocking TEs Enos!!!!

That was the RBs missing all their blocks FYI. The tackles were getting beat so fast that the RBs didn't even have enough time to get there.

Bring me my **** blocking TEs Enos!!!!

Looked like the TE's got bullied too when they stayed in. But I plan to watch the film tonight.

Advertisement
Send a couple of coaches to Western Samoa or Hawaii or something to recruit some of those low hung, wide body, sea giants ...
.. all these S FL fatties ain't cutting it.

Do what we did that first drive. It worked to perfection and we went away from it. Screens, quick outs, etc

Well duh! Did U ever hear of the opponent's Defensive coach ADJUSTING to the Cane offensive schemes and all that! That's probably the MAINLINE reason why Miami didn't stick with the " quick passes " and what not. hUh.

Nevertheless with all the LOST YARDAGE and sacks and penalties. It's AMAZING Miami didn't get bloody molested like last season's opening game against a mighty stout SEC opponent.

And believe it or not. The young offensive line will IMPROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody well guarantee it.

I don't doubt it, but a majority of those 9 sacks you listed came from when the RB was the 6th blocker.

Duh. A couple of Cane offensive linemen MISSED blocks when mighty Florida blitzed. Just watch the replay of the game.

The bottom Orange and Green mainline is the entire offensive is responsible for the atrocious number of sacks! A Miami game record for the record.

Advertisement
Well duh! Did U ever hear of the opponent's Defensive coach ADJUSTING to the Cane offensive schemes and all that! That's probably the MAINLINE reason why Miami didn't stick with the " quick passes " and what not. hUh.

Nevertheless with all the LOST YARDAGE and sacks and penalties. It's AMAZING Miami didn't get bloody molested like last season's opening game against a mighty stout SEC opponent.

And believe it or not. The young offensive line will IMPROVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bloody well guarantee it.

Enos never tried it again so no there was zero evidence Grantham adjusted.

Watch films from Howard and JJ's days. We ocasionally had excellent olineman or two but mostly smaller less talented guys. Only Butch's team had serious oline. Actaully Randy had a nice one too. But Howard and JJ made due with less. I'm not a technical type but I remember real fullbacks blocking, running and catching, TEs who blocked and caught balls, QB under center, Miami stretch sweep .... Of course those old Miami teams practiced under different rules and after a week of full contact with those Cane defenses hunting for any heads any time, Saturday against even the noles of those days was probably relative fun.

One thing about this game: sure oline looked real bad and Jarren held ball too much, but against good SEC defense if our best player two players don't drop a pair of catch-able passes and our best player doesn't fumble a punt, we win that game. I sat in the near empty OB in the frigging rain the horrible night of the flop, so nobody hates those slime scaly swamp scum more than me, but we had those ******** and they were scared. Dispite new coach, redshirt freshmen QB starting first game, and two freshmen OTs we had those smucks and probably played good enough to beat the rest of our schedule until Clemson. Can't speak to the technical stuff but I think we just might be okay. We'll know more in 2 weeks.

Advertisement
Should injuries befall the Eagles, there’s a good amount of depth for Addazio to work with. Davidson transfer Zion Johnson is listed as the backup at both left tackle and guard, while promising prospect Finn Dirstine appears on the left guard chart as well. The backup center is Dwayne Scott, a graduate transfer from Rhode Island, while Hayden Mahoney—a Miami transfer—is the backup at both right guard and tackle.

im with keeping as is, but gotta have an emergency squad in case things start bad against nc, to me it would be (left to right):

Scaife - reed - Gaynor - hillary - donaldson

im with keeping as is, but gotta have an emergency squad in case things start bad against nc, to me it would be (left to right):

Scaife - reed - Gaynor - hillary - donaldson

Donaldson at tackle was a complete disaster and the main talking point of the board until he finally moved over. I'd rather keep Zion on the field than make that move.

Advertisement
Back